Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree97Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2017, 15:56   #61
I am Banned

Re: Blackpool Away!

1014 from Stanley
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2017, 16:38   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Good point.
It was a good point and a more even second half. Blackpool lost some of their fluency which tempted us forward a bit more and, penalty apart, we had the best chance of the game. Matty found himself clean through, took a heavy touch, and then went down as he tried to round the keeper. We all howled for a pen and a more fussy ref might have given one, but not this ref, and the chance was lost. One of our forwards would have walked it in. Brilliant away support, sang throughout and cranked up the volume in the last 10 minutes as we pushed for the winner.
Old 14-04-2017, 16:52   #63

The next best thing to a victory is a clean sheet scoreless draw.
Considering the opposition & a brilliant penalty save, I think todays result was top-notch.
Most of the teams above drew. Who'd have thought doomed Orient would get a 2-2 draw at Luton, and Morecambe did us a big favour beating Satanage!
Unbeaten in 14 - the dream goes on.
Bob Dobson likes this.
Old 14-04-2017, 17:25   #64
Senior Member+

One of the best 0-0 I've seen for a while.
Two evenly matched teams and end to end football.
Blackpool had the edge in wide areas and played some decent football but I always felt we had the measure of them.
No team gave an inch in terms of competing and there was some great battles,especially Tom and Billy.
Thought Shay would cause them a lot of problems,but it just never went his way.
Thought Matty did ok and was unlucky with the penalty decision going against him,think he just run out of legs after bursting away from the half way line.
Take the point and move on
AccyMad likes this.
Old 14-04-2017, 17:44   #65

Not the best performance but a good second half. We had some chances (esp Sean early on, and Matty P who raced clear but mis controlled it).
Decent point. A win would have been mega.
Still hanging on in there.

What an atmosphere though. 1000 fans.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 14-04-2017, 18:09   #66
Full Member+

has brett ormerod said on the radio the ref had the whistle in his mouth and forgot to blow
Old 14-04-2017, 18:22   #67

My opinion for what it's worth, and it may have been clouded by the odd whisky or two, was it was a stick on penalty but never the less a good point and other results more or less went our way
Old 14-04-2017, 18:33   #68
Senior Member+

The ref bottled it - end of. He had his whistle in his mouth but I think the linesman was chuntering in his ear piece.
Draw a fair result.
Old 14-04-2017, 20:23   #69

Stand out players? Young Harvey, the Don....Omar and Hughes also did ok. Just never really clicked former the rest of them. Kee was a target man for a succession of high balls he could never win and Clark and Seany were observers for much of the match. Matty P actually had a decent second half.

Would you have used any subs? Edwards possibly for Kee? I would have liked Husin to come on but with Matty growing into the game probably no point.

Last edited by Lord Didsbury; 14-04-2017 at 20:25.
Old 14-04-2017, 23:05   #70

Fair result, as usual with a coley team i was impressed how we went for the win second half(at the risk of conceding) against a quick Blackpool team who could counter attack. Impressed the way Tom aldred came over to the Stanley end like he did at the end of game.
it must be hard as a blackpool fan at the game, remembering how they had it bouncing in the Holloway era compared to now where the away end make most of the noise and their fans are spread sporadically around the ground.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 14-04-2017, 23:11   #71
I am Banned

Let's see how many of the 1000 fans return to the wham for a non derby match
Old 15-04-2017, 06:28   #72
Senior Member+

Not being cruel when I say this but we needed a cultured midfielder not combative. They bossed the middle of the park for long periods.
One of those things when the best two chances fell to Pearson.
McCartan McConville Clark or Kee would have buried the one on one.
cashman likes this.
Old 15-04-2017, 08:18   #73

Much as I would have preferred the more cultured Husin in midfield (especially the first half) I think credit is due to Matty P for getting the chances in the first place. Didn't he also create a chance with a header back at the far post? It's probably a bit simplistic to assume the other players would have buried the one-on-one at the end of a sprint from the half way line.

In the first half Matty appeared a bit slow to me. Anyone agree? I thought it was probably that he's not as quick off the mark as Brown, say, or maybe can't read the midfield quickly enough.

Don't really know why I thought he did better second half. Maybe because the game opened up a bit more for him, or just because we were going forward more?
football19 likes this.
Old 15-04-2017, 09:16   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Not being cruel when I say this but we needed a cultured midfielder not combative. They bossed the middle of the park for long periods.
One of those things when the best two chances fell to Pearson.
McCartan McConville Clark or Kee would have buried the one on one.
Not sure I agree with you there, jon
Old 15-04-2017, 09:39   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Same here mab.
you and mab didn,t really miss much especialy first half. in raymond chandler speak it was more the big sleep than fairwell my lovely. second half better and the referee mark brown his usual give stanley as little as possible performance. roll on monday afternoon. in for a boring no football saturday infront of me.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..