Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2019, 11:59   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Blackpool thread

It's a poor return four points from four home games and like it or not we're in a war.
Jordan has missed a couple I agree and no one beats himself up over it more than the lad himself.
However he's not the only one.
Last night the ball bobbled in front of him but agree at least hit the target.
He's never put himself down as a scorer - he's a creator.
As for going central you do what your Manager wants.
A big day for Jordan Saturday personally and I hope he notches one.
Overall however as an eternal pessimist I cant see us us bringing any points away - but what do I know.
On the sending off rules are rules. Pick the bottle up draw it to the refs attention and hand it over. I don't care he only tossed it - stupidity beyond belief and leaving the ref with no alternative.
10 points needed don't give a stuff how - as Nike says Just Do It.
StanleyJosh likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2019, 12:29   #17

Don't know why you say how much we miss Ross Stanley Josh. We were having the same results with him in the side haven't we? Although a great player and a lad I don't know where your coming from with that one.we need to start putting our chances away that's the top and bottom of it.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 06-03-2019, 13:16   #18

I think we’ll be okay. Definitely more positive after last night compared to Saturday and feel if we play like that we’ll win more between now and the end of the season than we’ll lose.
First 30 mins especially we were magnificent and their goal came against the run of play. Game petered out to half time, don’t think any team can keep up the tempo we had first 30 for a full half.
Second half game could have went either way. Both had chances and a draw would have been a fair result overall in my opinion.
As for the red card, feel it was unnecessary. Yes Dimi threw it back but it weren’t aimed at anyone and no one was asking for a red card. By showing the red everyone came away from the game talking about this one incident which could have been avoided.
I think the Barnsley game will suit us more, big pitch in front of a big crowd. Hopeful we can get something from the game.
AccyMad likes this.
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 13:19   #19
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Don't know why you say how much we miss Ross Stanley Josh. We were having the same results with him in the side haven't we? Although a great player and a lad I don't know where your coming from with that one.we need to start putting our chances away that's the top and bottom of it.
Missing him in terms of we don’t have good enough cover.
Big Ben not good enough in my opinion.
Janoi is best at full back but now having to cover centre half.
Because of that Gibson has come in to team having played little football and it’s showing.

Sometimes the simplest of changes cause the biggest differences.

I’d like to see Harvey at centre half and push Janoi back to left back
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 13:26   #20
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
It's a poor return four points from four home games and like it or not we're in a war.
Jordan has missed a couple I agree and no one beats himself up over it more than the lad himself.
However he's not the only one.
Last night the ball bobbled in front of him but agree at least hit the target.
He's never put himself down as a scorer - he's a creator.
As for going central you do what your Manager wants.
A big day for Jordan Saturday personally and I hope he notches one.
Overall however as an eternal pessimist I cant see us us bringing any points away - but what do I know.
On the sending off rules are rules. Pick the bottle up draw it to the refs attention and hand it over. I don't care he only tossed it - stupidity beyond belief and leaving the ref with no alternative.
10 points needed don't give a stuff how - as Nike says Just Do It.
Scorer or creator regardless I think that’s the only thing letting him down on being a top player.
Agree with doing what your manager asks, just think his instinct overruled as Coley played him central but he kept doing wide, seemed that Coley noticed and adapted for second half.

Personally I think we may need 12 points given how tight it is
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 13:58   #21

Fair enough Josh.it must be hard for the lads coming in having not played a lot of football as in match fitness.Yes agree I think Harvey is more of a CB than a right back. I'd like us to play a 3 at the back massive game next Tuesday for me
Old 06-03-2019, 14:01   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have to agree wi josh Sykes is only young but a damn good central defender in my book.
Lord Love Rocket likes this.
Old 06-03-2019, 14:55   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Fair enough Josh.it must be hard for the lads coming in having not played a lot of football as in match fitness.Yes agree I think Harvey is more of a CB than a right back. I'd like us to play a 3 at the back massive game next Tuesday for me
I thought we DID play 3 at the backlast night. And I thought that Harvey Rodgers was disappointing. He was caught out badly on at least three occasions in the first half, and his distribution was poor. My highest ratings would have gone to Finley and Barlaser. Coley's Achilles heel remains substitutions. There was no point in bringing on Billy with so little time remaining. Other managers make substitutions much earlier - they cause the opposition to rethink. We usually stay the same for 88 minutes.
cashman, yonmon, pifco and 1 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 16:28   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
" we need to start putting our chances away that's the top and bottom of it. "
And it always has been LLR !..

Forgive me for quoting the late and great Sir Bobby Robson's paradigm for soccer success ....

Score goals = guaranteed success and promotion.!

Don't score goals ! = guaranteed failure and relegation !

Sounds simple I know but proven to be true over and over again. BUT who amongst our current crop of forwards can you say guarantees the taking of chances and scoring the goals the team are currently starved of ?.

This is the one area of weakness in our team's play which really worries me.. !.

Hopefully a solution to this mystery can be found soon .

ON STANLEY ON !.. TO GREATER THINGS !..
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 17:34   #25

You didn't mention Hughes was sloppy as well and Johnson for the pen and the lack in finishing? Or did you not see that revived red?
Old 06-03-2019, 17:37   #26

Hit the nail on the head yonmon spot on
Old 06-03-2019, 17:52   #27

And as for Johnson great going forward but he's been found out defending I was told stop on your feet never go to ground or dive in sorry did you not see that one either revived red clear pen or go on tell me I'm wrong
Old 06-03-2019, 18:00   #28

I actually Harvey was decent last night, certainly better than his last few stanley games. Hard to criticise any players last night as it was clear they gave everything and was just one of those games that was decided by fine margins.
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 18:03   #29
Full Member+

I have had time to calm down after last nights end to the game, John Coleman made the very serious point that a criminal act changed the possible outcome of the game. If I go to Barnsley on Saturday and throw a bottle into the penalty area and the keeper throws it out and gets a red and Barnsley lose, I wonder how much it would be worth as a bet? or to the club if they lose promotion hopes?

As for the game last night, Blackpool were quick and strong and we struggled against them at times. Callum was a little unlucky for the penalty as he did get a touch on the ball. Hughesy had a nightmare and the bobbly pitch didn't help. Ross sykes would not have made any difference last night. Our passing is woeful at times, We rarely win the second ball in the air battles. We are predictable in our game plan. The difference in personnel last night didn't really make that much difference, McConville has not played well for several games now and his crossing has been poor. Sam played well he just needs to control his temperament a little more. Whilst we have some good players I am afraid we will struggle to say we have enough league one players at the moment. I still think we will survive but at the end of season some soul searching decisions will have to be made. Blackpool has gone so we must look forward but more importantly learn from our losses. Time is no longer on our side.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 18:17   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
And as for Johnson great going forward but he's been found out defending I was told stop on your feet never go to ground or dive in sorry did you not see that one either revived red clear pen or go on tell me I'm wrong
Why do you need to ask the same question twice??

I chose not to mention Hughes. I would not use the word sloppy. But I would say that he had to do an ordinate amount of work. With an out-of-sorts full back on his left, an attacking full back on his right and an iffy fellow-centre back, I would forgive him for not being up to his usual magnificent standard.

I chose not to mention Johnson. But as you have done so in such an absurd way - yes, it was a clear penalty. Happy now??
KiTChener likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..