Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 22:30   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Boss wanted more

Accrington Stanley boss: I wanted a lot more progress (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 12-05-2009, 05:38   #2

Smile Re: Boss wanted more

Didnt we all but to quote cliches, at the end of the day, I am just pleased we are still playing league football next season Keep the faith..

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:50   #3
Super Moderator

Re: Boss wanted more

So am I. To still be in the football league with our gates and budget is nothing short of a miracle. There are clubs further down the pyramid with much higher gates than us who would give their eye teeth to be 16th in Div 2. And, yes, I know I'm stating the bleedin' obvious, but sometimes it needs stating on here, because people seem to forget just how unique our position is (seen many other FL clubs who regularly get gates of around 1,100 recently?).

And, what's more, despite the budget cuts, I'm still hoping for better next season!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:10   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So am I. To still be in the football league with our gates and budget is nothing short of a miracle. There are clubs further down the pyramid with much higher gates than us who would give their eye teeth to be 16th in Div 2. And, yes, I know I'm stating the bleedin' obvious, but sometimes it needs stating on here, because people seem to forget just how unique our position is (seen many other FL clubs who regularly get gates of around 1,100 recently?).

And, what's more, despite the budget cuts, I'm still hoping for better next season!
well one who sees the situation any different than that,is a "Bandwagon Jumper" or "Glory Hunter" to me, if not those a fool.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:37   #5

Wink Re: Boss wanted more

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well one who sees the situation any different than that,is a "Bandwagon Jumper" or "Glory Hunter" to me, if not those a fool.
In your opinion of course

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:59   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower View Post
In your opinion of course

Jimbo T blower
yep jimbo in my opinion, course there will be some that disagree, thats their opinion,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..