Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 23:17   #1
Senior Member+

Boycott tuesdays JPT game

The only person who profits from my attendance fee is O'neill and Heys.
I believe both of these men are the ENEMY of Accrington Stanley football club.

While I understand some fans believe any money going into the club will trickle down to the players, the actions of the past 2 months and the lack of pay have proven the only people who profit are the board.

I will not be attending on Tuesday and urge all other fans to realise the only thing O'neill and Heys are concerned about is their pockets and status.
If either of them where concerned for our club they would resign.

Money to the club does NOT go to the management or players.

I refuse to spend an extra penny other than the use of my season ticket.

I urge you all to boycott the game.

And empty ground with no atmosphere is the best way to send a message to the owners.

In this instance, the best protest is SILENCE and keeping the cash in your pocket.
If their is a way to donate to a players fund, please let me know.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2009, 23:24   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Boycott tuesdays JPT game

I have toyed with the same idea but would n't choose this game Dave even if we boycott at all....because the gates are low anyway & so the club may not appreciate the boycott.

And because , the Ultras are planning a thank you to the fans of Bury for their help in the SOS campaign.

Should protests not work then I would contemplate this in the coming weeks/months defo

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 23:26   #3
Senior Member+

Jase txt me your plans.
let me know if you need out for tommorrow?

Its horrible.

Btw - was Rocky Williams really the biggest gambler at the club?
Old 02-11-2009, 23:31   #4
Senior Member+

Number 4's a gambler..........................
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 23:35   #5
God Member

and the chairman....
Old 02-11-2009, 23:53   #6

OK, so as a pensioner living on the south coast, I only get to join you lads 'n lasses on the terraces half dozen times of year down south and thus am removed from the thick of the action. However, I earnestly believe that a boycott would play into the hands of the board if there is an underlying agenda to close Stanley down. It is a time when the playing side of the club need our support more than ever and I could not inflict on them anything less than total support. Imagine how you would feel if already worrying about income, mortgage payments etc, you had to try to play before absent fans. Appreciate the desire to show our disdain for the contempt shown by the board to the fans and suspected abject failure to see us through this crisis, but really do not want the frontline (players) to feel deserted. The Football League don't miss a chance to stick the knife in (just like Hardacre in '62) so JC/JB and our beloved team need us to stand four-square behind them against all foes.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 23:59   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
OK, so as a pensioner living on the south coast, I only get to join you lads 'n lasses on the terraces half dozen times of year down south and thus am removed from the thick of the action. However, I earnestly believe that a boycott would play into the hands of the board if there is an underlying agenda to close Stanley down. It is a time when the playing side of the club need our support more than ever and I could not inflict on them anything less than total support. Imagine how you would feel if already worrying about income, mortgage payments etc, you had to try to play before absent fans. Appreciate the desire to show our disdain for the contempt shown by the board to the fans and suspected abject failure to see us through this crisis, but really do not want the frontline (players) to feel deserted. The Football League don't miss a chance to stick the knife in (just like Hardacre in '62) so JC/JB and our beloved team need us to stand four-square behind them against all foes.
Totally agree I to had toyed with the idea of non attendance but we need to be there for the lads on the pitch and also I want to pay my respects to the fans of Bury FC for the support the have shown for us.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 00:03   #8

PS.
Ilyas Khan gave us some insight concerning Rob Heys role in the situation - I believe we should respect his viewpoint, which he took specific time to make for probably a very good reason. Hindsight may lead us to regret not heeding his advice - just my viewpoint.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 00:05   #9
Full Member+

I for one don't see how boycotting any game benefits the club.

Should the club get past Wednesday..........

By all means, you're entitled to your own opinion, but if you're a fan of the club, that to me, does not mean you withdraw your support for the players and management (i.e Coley & Bell and players), who despite all this fiasco, are putting in stalwart performances both on and off the pitch, despite all the rumours that the players (and probably management) have not been paid on a regular basis.

We should crank up the volume in our support for the players, Coley & Bell and also crank up the heat on the people who want to hold back the club (we all know who they are), also showing our undivided support for people like Mr Khan & Mr Marsden.

By all means, If you see fit, voice your disgust and contempt to the Chairman / Board by attending these games, fly flags and banners that show these feelings, chant your disgust if you will, but don't abandon the very people who stand to lose their jobs if all this goes belly up.

What good will boycotting these games, stand to gain????, by having the very people who are working so hard and trying to put all the background struggles out of their minds,trying to achieve things on the pitch (and help to move the club forward) .....run out to be greeted by an even more empty stadium?????

O'Neil et al might ( but in all probability WON'T )get the point you try to make by boycotting, but If I was a player, I wouldn't see these actions (boycotting games) as motivation to perform & influence matters on the pitch??????

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 00:07   #10
Senior Member+

I guess its personal opinion but I feel I must make my stand at this game.
I may attend saturday/I might not.
At the moment I feel its the best way to protest.

I dont want them to get a penny. I want ownership of this club to be as painful as it has been for the fans who have suffered under the current directorship.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:54   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I guess its personal opinion but I feel I must make my stand at this game.
I may attend saturday/I might not.
At the moment I feel its the best way to protest.

I dont want them to get a penny. I want ownership of this club to be as painful as it has been for the fans who have suffered under the current directorship.
Best thing to do is to sneak in for free, watch the game and protest your head off I think it is called a win - win situation

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:00   #12

TBH the lads john and jimmy,for what of a better pharse

have played their boll**ks off this season

do not punish these good men
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:09   #13

This could be our last game couldn't it ? Why would I want to boycott that ? If i can make it I'll be there and I'm sure I will be.

I hope it's not our last game but I think everyone should make an effort to support the manager and team tonight b****r the politics if anyone wants to shout abuse at the owners I'm up for that but not boycotting what could be the end of an era.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:15   #14
God Member

It's next Tuesday Shrum, we may have already played our last game

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:20   #15

Lol it's early think I'll put alarm on for another half hour. Cheers
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..