Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 21:58   #181
Senior Member+

Re: Bradford Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
I saw that on live text & wondered what the heck was going on & Dan said Bavo looked shaky with that & the injuries still a cracking result!
Strangely, there was no mention of Bavs on Live Text after he came on as sub.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2007, 22:01   #182

well done guys u deserved it tonight..
Bradford City fan fav player Dean Windass go every home game at Valley Parade season ticket holder and some away games... I look out for Accrington Stanley though have family their and lived there for 2 years as a lad lol.
Windass10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 22:44   #183
Resting in Peace

Felt like being in heaven tonight - just like watching Brazil at times, as we sung the lads home. What an awesome wall of sound from the Bradford fans in the second half when most home fans would have been silenced. Full credit to them. Don't want really to pick anyone out from a brilliant team performance, but Roscoe was absolutely outstanding - at last we have seen him looking really happy as he came over to the fans bare-chested to celebrate at the finish after being lifted off the ground by King Coley. What a night to remember. Shame on those who chose not to go, but the price really was a factor for those who have to pay full whack.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 23:00   #184
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Strangely, there was no mention of Bavs on Live Text after he came on as sub.
Don't worry - he made a blinding point blank save at the end of the first half!
Old 02-10-2007, 23:05   #185

Yes Stanley were FANTASTIC tonight, their passing was great, their movement was great and their dealing with Bradfords attacks was great.
they came out and went straight for the Jugular and got blood.
Then Oh Fy Shy Pooh Pooh both Craney and Kenny stretchered off within minutes.
Kenny had made a couple of really first class saves and blocks, but he got a knock on the left knee needing treatment and moments later was off after seeming to twist his right ankle. (dont take it as gospel cos you know what a blind old barsteward I am)
Anyway we gave Bavs a mega reception and he did us proud really, even his kicking was good and he made some important saves and catches when he had to. To be honest there wasnt anything that really frightened me from Bradford all night,. The lads dealt with everything, just dealt with it man no chuffing fuss. Mark Roberts XLnt, Cav XLnt, Rocky XLnt and Leam Richardson Man of the Match for me, his forays down the wing caused Bradford no end of problems. Rosco was great as well and always in the right place but it`s a shame Browny had to come on for Craney so early as Rosco seemed to tire towards the end and it would have been nice to have Browny to come on late although after his sitting on the edge of the box for half an hour waiting to pull the trigger and make it 4 I`m not so sure. Coleys hands were tied tho after being compelled to 2 early subs. Rosco did run himself ragged right up to the end. Mullers wasn`t to proliufic but he attracted a lot of attention from Bradford which left us with men over on many occasions. Our attacks always looked more likely to pay off than theirs and even when their 13000 fans finally found their voice at the start of the 2nd half the Stanley boys were unphased.
It is a nice ground and theyve a lot of fans but it only served to raise Stanleys game (even though no-one would join in my song "You`ve got the best ground in the conference")
I`ve really enjoyed it tonight and lets hope they can carry on that kind of excellence into Friday and then week in week out cos they`ve just shown they`re capable of it.
What a ****er we blew it at Bury we`d be in a play off spot now.
Anyway forget the past lets have a future based on tonights performance.
Cart On Stanley

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:49   #186
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post

Just hope that the injuries to Arthur and Craney aren't as bad as they sounded (Any news anyone??)
Craney expected to recover quickly but Kenny has a broken fibula, he'll be out for a while

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:29   #187
God Member

Well done lads, sounded a brilliant game, couldn't be there (not well enough) but will be there on Friday by hook or by crook! Really pleased for Roscoe and now he's got going I'm sure there'll be plenty more goals from him this season although the way he's going Procky could be our top scorer Poor Kenny though - can't believe the curse of the keepers at our place has struck again.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:10   #188
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Craney expected to recover quickly but Kenny has a broken fibula, he'll be out for a while
Not what it looked like to a Bradford fan, though:-
"also that injury to thier first player to be strechered off looked awful, his lower leg was almost bent backwards..."
Old 03-10-2007, 08:39   #189
God Member

Really bad news about arthurs's broken leg

Let's hope that Craney does recover quickly

Fantastic game for D'sane and I think he will have truely proved a point now

Well done lads and especially to proccy for his goal and being named as lge 2 player of the month

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:10   #190
Full Member+

A superb all-round performance last night. You couldn't say that anyone had a bad game. For me, however, the key was in midfield, where we never let Bradford settle. Carden was like a Jack Russell, snapping at their heels all the time, Proccy got better and better as the game went on.. and Browny? Well, on Saturday I said I thought he looked off the pace and I have to say I was worried when Ian was stretchered off. However, I am delighted to say that Browny proved me wrong - big style - and I thought he bossed the game. Well done!!!! I do feel, though, that I was right about Branch - he hasn't got the legs to be a wing-back, whereas Leam gave us a whole new dimension last night. If only he had a left foot to put those crosses in, he'd be awesome!!
I couldn't help thinking last night that the new passing game that we've worked on in the reserves finally came to fruition. Gone was the predictable regular long ball to Paul Mullin. Yes, we did it occasionally, but so many of our moves built up through slick passing down the middle of the park, which made us so much more difficult to cope with.
Then there's Roscoe! I know he tired a bit later on but the greatest compliment I can give him is that, at times, he looked a bit like Lutel at his best. Again... well done!
I mustn't forget the defence, who, most of the time, did a steady, unruffled job. Bradford never really posed a threat, but all credit to Robbo and the boys anyway.
The downside, of course, were the two injuries and best wishes to both lads for a speedy recovery. All in all, however, a really encouraging performance. To bounce back like that after the defeat at Bury is a great credit to the team and all those involved with it. A great evening! Thanks.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:43   #191
Senior Member+

As I was at work last night, I feared the worst and even when Stanley went 1-0 up after 2 minutes I still wasn't that hopeful. Imagine my suprise when I saw the result. I know they played well against Bury but 2 defensive lapses allowed an old boy to prove to us our frailties. But where on earth did that performance come from. Well done to all the team and management for getting it right. Hope Ian recovers quickly and Kenny best wishes for a speedy recovery. Keep it up and give Wrexham the stuffing they deserve, lets hope they play in black again tee hee. Couldn't see each other last season, so maybe this is why we are experimenting with the Friday night thing again this season. Lets see a big crowd get behind the team and cheer us on to a win.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:17   #192
Senior Member+

Fantastic last night.
The whole team where great.
I thought Webb was great in defence, very simple very confident - always did the job.
I feared the worse in the first 20 minutes as Cav was getting pulled apart - but he decided to sit back and mark their best player - and come the second half he had him under control.

Mullins, Cav, Roberts - all looked shattered at the end.
I think we should consider resting them for Friday.

The only down side of the night was the injurys - and the 30 minute walk by myself to the train station.
To be fair to the Bradford fans, as I was walking back they wanted to chat and said how impressed they where by our positive football.
All of them wanted to visit the FES - so we can expect a bumper crowd for the home game. They think we are going bust! I had to correct them.
One even asked which premiership team we loaned Dsane off! I was tempted to say Chelsea, but instead corrected him letting him know it was another one of Colemans bargains.
Amazing performance, now lets do Wrexham.

P.S. nobody should criticise Ian, as Bradford have far bigger goalkeeping problems.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:50   #193
Senior Member+

Any video from this glorious win?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 13:33   #194

Just wanted to come along and say a huge WELL DONE to you guys for last nights amazing victory at valley parade....!!

Relegation candidates your having a laugh, thought you were excellent all over the park, and the guy up front Dsane.....what a find....can't see you holding onto him for much longer if he plays like that week in week out.

Think we can officially call you our bogey side now, although on both occassions you have beaten us in the last two years....you have deserved it each time.

Whats the allocation for your away end....? Is there a roof...? and if we sell all of our tickets does your club offer extra....?

Only asking because I know we will probs sell out within a couple of hours....;-(

Good Luck for rest of the season

Dan
BCFC Morecambe
bcfc morecambe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 14:48   #195

our away end holds about 750, but unfortuanately for you there's no roof - we've only just got a roof on the home end so the away end's is years away!
the debonaire is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..