Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2006, 16:14   #1
Junior Member+

Brain Tumour Trust / Gary Dullaghan

For those of you who are interested, John Coleman will be playing in a benefit match at Christie Park on Sunday. Here are the details as posted on our official website.

Quote:
This weekend the club are holding a Fun Evening and Fun Day in Memory of John Clarke and Gary Dullaghan.

On Saturday players from the promotion winning team will be attending the game versus Weymouth. They will be in JB's Bar before and after the game and will be watching the England game before the evenings fun begins at 8.00pm on Saturday night. At the time of writing the players who will be here for Saturdays events are Andy Grimshaw, Jim Mckluskie, Ian Cain, Ben Lavelle, John Coleman, Paul Burns, Mark Cerello, Paul Tomlinson and Steve McIlhargey.

Entry is Free but we will be attempting to raise as much money as we can. There will be Dancing, Kareoke and a Meat & Potato pie supper JB's Bar is open until midnight. Please come and support this event in aid of Brain Tumour Trust.

Dave Edge has painstakingly tracked down a large number of ex players
(and is still doing so as i write) to play in a charity game In memory of Gary Dullaghan. Gary died at the age of 42 and leaves his wife and three children behind. Those of you who knew Gary will know what a larger than life character he was, he played football and lived his life with a smile on his face. He will be sadly missed but never forgotten. He Captained Morecambe to the Conference, his name is embedded in the Morecambe FC history books and his name will live on at the club forever.

The Fun starts at 12 noon on Sunday 3rd September, entrance is £3.00 for Adults £1.00 for children. There will be a bouncy castle to entertain the children and the Match Kicks Off at 2.00pm. JB's Bar is open all afternoon.

The names that I have at the moment to play in the match are as follows.

Jim Harvey Manager, Stuart Drummond Assistant Manager.
The Team. Steve McIlhargey, Paul Burns, Paul Tomlinson, Ben Lavelle, Paul Taylor, Ian Cain, Andy Grimshaw, John Coleman, Jim McKluskie.

Bryan Griffiths Manager, Paul Byrom Assistant Manager.
The Team. Mike Allinson, Mark Cerello, Keith Galley, Graham Jones, Lee OKeefe, Ian Monk, Jimmy Brown, Paul Lodge, John Macmahon, Billy Roddaway.

There will be other names to add which I do not have yet.

Please come down and support this fund raiser in aid of Gary Dullaghan. Spread the word and let's give the players a Morecambe crowd to play for once again.
Seagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2006, 16:20   #2
God Member

Re: Brain Tumour Trust / Gary Dullaghan

Unfortunatly it clashes with stanley ladies first game where a few of us have family (my daughter) playing.. otherwise i would have been there deffo..

Thanks for letting us know BTW ...
Old 31-08-2006, 16:21   #3

I hope you raise alot of money, and get a bumper crowd on for it

Good luck
Old 01-09-2006, 09:02   #4
God Member

Paul Burns, Mark Ceraelo & Lodgey also in there - quick what time are the trains to Morecambe on Sunday
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:31   #5

Wow Mark Ceraelo, he used to be my favorite years back
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:52   #6
Junior Member+

The following players made contact yesterday and will be playing in Sundays game.

Glen Johnson, Dave McKearney, John Norman, Paul Rushton, Rob Gaffney, Paul Comstive,Tony Barrow, Mark Brennan.

Edgey is still trying to contact Ollie Parillon, Ian Dalziel and Andy Livingston.

Once again please spread the word and bring as many people as you can. With the list of players coming on Sunday it's going to be a day not to be missed.
Seagie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..