Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree70Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2019, 22:36   #121

Re: Bristol Rovers Match Thread (A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Apologies, to you and Spartacus, but my post you refer to above was meant to be tongue in cheek. Always a risk on here, and I ended up rightly being hoist by my own petard.

Back to the game, i thought Emti....Evto...er, Dimi played really well, despite the three goals. Noticed him acting as an effective sweeper several times when the Gas managed to get a break away. A lesson learned from the Shrews game, maybe?
Tongue in cheek accepted and reciprocated Bernard.

It wasnt that i didnt know his name why i left it out, i honestly wouldnt know which keeper to use. Bursik has excellent pedigree but doesnt know the team and has no experience, Savin it til later has no experience but does know the team and has some pedigree, Dimmy Dimmy Dimmeeee has experience, knows the team but has mistakes in him ...

As for the last couple of pages of drivel, you all know my feelings on Cashy Web and its unIlluminati of 1. Id like to say it would be a better forum without him, but as he accounts for around 40% of the post count it actually wouldnt. On a positive note, it tickled me to notice him popping up on Hyndburn Chat (under his otherl name) having an equally intelligent debate with various dunces, clowns and know-nowts
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2019, 22:40   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
I’ll be completely honest, someone who can’t see the benefit of having someone like Seamus in the team is someone who either doesn’t watch the game or has never played it. Yes at times he could be more positive in possession but often he does the simple things really well. He also has started to look back to his best in the first few games of the season (I’ve seen every one of them so I can make that honest judgement).
His experience is invaluable and he will be missed next Saturday.
As for the “he’ll never be dropped etc blue eyed boy etc”. Is this the same Seamus who was dropped for a large part of last season and also for the game vs Sunderland just a few short weeks ago?
Suppose its always easier to ignore facts if it doesn’t fit your narrative.
Asfc1019 , would you agree that last season Connellys performances demonstrated he is not at league 1 standard, certainly not comfortable at league 1 level?
The sending off was harsh IMO
Old 08-09-2019, 22:52   #123

He wasnt at his best for a lot of it Davo but he was injured for a goodly portion of it. Coley obviously values a half fit Conneely as better than the options
Old 09-09-2019, 07:56   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
He wasnt at his best for a lot of it Davo but he was injured for a goodly portion of it. Coley obviously values a half fit Conneely as better than the options
Playing a half fit player who ever he is to me is a nonsense it can ruin the player and also his career and drags the other 10 down to his pace.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:04   #125
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Playing a half fit player who ever he is to me is a nonsense it can ruin the player and also his career and drags the other 10 down to his pace.
Exactly the same thing was done with Dino i believe. way back
Old 09-09-2019, 09:06   #126
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Exactly the same thing was done with Dino i believe. way back
It was indeed was constantly playing with pain killing injections if my memory is correct.
cashman likes this.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:56   #127
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Trouble is to me there are too many unaware of what happens to some unfortunate lads.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..