Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2012, 11:16   #1
God Member

Smile Bumble on board..........

Just seen this on the Official Site, David Lloyd is on the Board of Directors!!!

Another good P.R. in my opinion!!

ASFC News Story > 4606

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2012, 11:32   #2
God Member

Re: Bumble on board..........

nice move.

It does say that another independant board member will be appointed so I assume Bumble isn't the Fan director that will be appointed in January?
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 11:43   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Just seen this on the Official Site, David Lloyd is on the Board of Directors!!!

Another good P.R. in my opinion!!

ASFC News Story > 4606
Thats all it is in my opinion. I don't know how much input he can give as he;s away tht much with Sky. We need somone who can give hands on imput. The rest of the board are working from afar, they cannot get the feel of what is happening in the Club They are only informed by Rob on the day to day problems that will undoubtedly occur. Anyway thats my opinion for what its worth. If David gave up his Sky duties I would welcome him with open arms, and let;s not foget he also has a position with Accy Cricket club.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 11:47   #4
God Member

Directors in most fields are usually employed/elected because of their expertise or familiarity with various elements of the business, Bumble is familiar with Accrington and its people and may be able to unlock doors that people like Peter Marsden can't. Good move.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 12:43   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats a great appointment, Lloydy is Accrington to the core n will be a great asset to Stanley. The club will gain more focus here n abroad I.M.H.O.
Old 20-02-2012, 15:09   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats a great appointment, Lloydy is Accrington to the core n will be a great asset to Stanley. The club will gain more focus here n abroad I.M.H.O.
I thinks that's right. Lloydy, I'm sure wouldn't be going on unless he thought he could make a contribution. Its a good move in my opinion.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 16:11   #7
God Member

That's a really good move Bumble is Accy through and through and a highly respected commentator and has great following around the world with his punditry and his Blogs, his book "Start the Car" " is a great read and I would thoroughly recommend it.

I am sure he will be a great ambassador for Stanley as he has been for Accy CC and the World of Cricket.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..