Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2016, 14:36   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Burnley Ticket Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
We don't know what team Burnley will put out until 7pm, but I accept your point that most EPL clubs play their subs and reserves in the first few rounds.
Thats the whole point to me, people are to me more likely to come an pay £20 if they knew it was a premiership side starting imho.
Old 23-08-2016, 18:00   #32
Senior Member+

I wouldent blame Burnley for playing a second XI either, no doubt the League Cup is bottom of their priorities.

Even their second XI will be full of quality mind,

Robinson
Kightly
Long
Lukas J
Lafferty
Flanagan
Hennings
Ulvestad

Etc etc, Not bad lol !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 18:58   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Was hoping for Blackburn in next round, but there already 1 down after 8 mins,
Old 23-08-2016, 18:58   #34
Full Member+

This shows what a big long term job is on to grow the club.

Two missed generations has left a real lack of interest in the wider town outside avid football watchers and the normal Stanley goers. That plus a few on holiday.

Maybe Stanley will sell out tomorrow but Burnley have stopped selling them today. I thought 10k would have wanted to go to this game at when it was drawn.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 19:00   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
This shows what a big long term job is on to grow the club.

Two missed generations has left a real lack of interest in the wider town outside avid football watchers and the normal Stanley goers. That plus a few on holiday.

Maybe Stanley will sell out tomorrow but Burnley have stopped selling them today. I thought 10k would have wanted to go to this game at when it was drawn.
Yep i thought similar, until i started talking to people.
Old 23-08-2016, 20:27   #36
Full Member+

2,913 Blackburn fans at Deadwood tonight 535 Crewe. Puts things into perspective a bit.

Adults £12, 65+ £5 and U18 £2.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 23:37   #37
Full Member+

Quote:
2,913 Blackburn fans at Deadwood tonight 535 Crewe. Puts things into perspective a bit.

That must be their lowest attendance for a competitive match since they played Bury in the 1970's when there was around 3,500 on. I was there that day. It was on a Good Friday or Easter Monday in 1974..i think.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 06:58   #38
God Member

I guess we'll know tonight if we've shot ourselves in the foot with pricing & /or strategy of tickets, I suspect we may have & the game won't be the sell out that was predicted but however many are there if it has half of the drama of the Bradford game hopefully some newbies will come back - fingers crossed
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 07:53   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I guess we'll know tonight if we've shot ourselves in the foot with pricing & /or strategy of tickets, I suspect we may have & the game won't be the sell out that was predicted but however many are there if it has half of the drama of the Bradford game hopefully some newbies will come back - fingers crossed
Being a simple soul who merely wanted my Main Stand Ticket plus one for a friend and being denied this by viewing the original information released by the Club...

I will not be there .

See you on Saturday !.

On Stanley ...On !..

And don't forget the basic theories relating to Public Relations !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 08:13   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Being a simple soul who merely wanted my Main Stand Ticket plus one for a friend and being denied this by viewing the original information released by the Club...

I will not be there .

See you on Saturday !.

On Stanley ...On !..

Simple mate, yeh treat people like crap, yeh get like fer like in my world. yeh might see me on telly.
Old 24-08-2016, 08:27   #41
God Member

Quote:

would they have got any less if they had charged 20 pounds or anymore if they had charged less. reduced prices have been tried at a number of clubs and it doesn,t really work. you might get a few more but the gate money is down. i know some don,t like it but we need the money. its not the cost it was way the tickets were allocated that got my blood pressure up.
AccyMad, KiTChener and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 08:53   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
would they have got any less if they had charged 20 pounds or anymore if they had charged less. reduced prices have been tried at a number of clubs and it doesn,t really work. you might get a few more but the gate money is down. i know some don,t like it but we need the money. its not the cost it was way the tickets were allocated that got my blood pressure up.
Think many think the same.
Old 24-08-2016, 09:16   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

I will not be there .

See you on Saturday !.

On Stanley ...On !..

That's a shame Alan - I'll be on Clayton End, hope I survive the experience - see you Saturday
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 13:21   #44

Hi lads!
You can watch tonight's game here...
Accrington Streams
XctAcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 13:42   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XctAcc View Post
Hi lads!
You can watch tonight's game here...
Accrington Streams
How much is Accrington Stanley getting for you to show this for free?
I'm the last person to defend Sky but if it's nothing, and you're just ripping off a business that at least gives our club some money, take your stream and shove it where your ethernet doesn't shine.
yonmon likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..