Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2013, 10:11   #16
Full Member+

Re: Burton home game - Easter Monday

I don't go to many away matches but when I do the chip shop is the first port of call and there is always a queue.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-03-2013, 15:49   #17

its already got stanley stickers in the window, we would get all the ultras in the back for a sit down dinner, there's about 6 tables there, and 12 seats
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 00:36   #18
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Not exactly a pie in the sky idea, Chippy would certainly be a good sauce of income
Seriously though,i think it'd be worth looking into. I stood outside the Grey Horse when we played Rotherham on a Tuesday night the other month,the place was packed out! That chip shop is often mentioned on other fans forums so it could be another source or "sauce" of income for the Stanley.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 04:13   #19
God Member

As much as looking at other business streams is commendable much better to look and focus at what we already have, The Crown now serves pre-match food and looking at the menu, the theme nights and what's on guide that is on the wall in the Crown there is a lot already going on.

More effort however does need to go into the Club spend once you are through the turnstiles with not a lot happening that can go back to the Club.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 18:06   #20

back on topic, the Whittakers is not a great pub and not really close to the ground. The Crown is a decent pub right next to the ground, a decent pint, good atmosphere and does pies, burgers etc
The Peel Park is about 15 minutes walk from the ground, a bit hidden away but over loooks the (site of) the old stadium. it also serves a fantastic selection of beers. food is butties and crisps. the worst thing about the Peel Park is that it is normally full of people wearing Man united shirts, Chelsea shirts etc. But the beer selection makes it worth a call.

Last edited by shadsworthcloud; 27-03-2013 at 18:08. Reason: spelling mistakes
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 23:13   #21
God Member

In fairness Whittakers is closer than Peel Park and has better parking. It used to do cracking food but its a fair while since i went in either
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 22:16   #22
Senior Member+

What time does the chippy with the Stanley window stickers normally open on a Saturday?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 07:32   #23

i have been going there for chips and fish most of this season before the match, and then its been closed about the same time as oaklea has been closed.
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 10:06   #24
Senior Member+

For all Burton Albion fans who must be in deep despair on receiving reports of the wonderful 'Chippys' that used to purvey their delicacies to hungry football supporters journeying to t'Store First', but are now sadly non-existent...this is what you'll be missing on Monday afternoon !.

( Far superior to those £3.50 Chicken Balti Pies at The Kassam Stadium Mr McQueen !!..aaargh !).

Bon Appetit you Brewers !..and a great game to follow !!.

Last edited by yonmon; 29-03-2013 at 10:11.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 18:14   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
Hi Accrington,

I'm a Brewers fan coming up for the game on Easter Monday. Quite looking forward to it as I dont get to many away games. We are in a promotion battle so thought I'd make the effort for the remaining few away games.

I see you guys are struggling somewhat. It doesn't seem that long ago that you had a significanlty better team than us - but I suppose football goes in cycles, sometimes its upwards, sometimes down.

Your web site recommends the Whitaker Arms for away fans. Is this a good choice for a pint or two and some lunch before the game? Whats a good beverage around your way?

Hopefully there will be some good banter on the day.

Cheers and good luck in staying up.

Neil
Welcome Kilgore Trout. Hope you have a good time in Accrington but that you go home without any points. I am a "Real Ale" Stanley fan and like to enjoy the "match day experience". If I were you I would just get straight up to the ground and get into The Crown for a couple of pints, some grub and some friendly banter with kindred spirits. Since young Gilly took on the running of the pub last year he has done a great job. He always has a couple of really well presented "Real Ales" on all the time and a provides a good friendly welcome. There are other pubs nearby...The Greyhound just past the ground has Sam Smiths ales on quite cheap too. ££££ The Wetherspoons in the town centre has a good range of real ales and a reasonable menu for food but you will enjoy a much better atmosphere in The Crown for the hour or so before the match.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 20:17   #26

Thought you were a red wine man Choirboy ?
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 12:46   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
For all Burton Albion fans who must be in deep despair on receiving reports of the wonderful 'Chippys' that used to purvey their delicacies to hungry football supporters journeying to t'Store First', but are now sadly non-existent...this is what you'll be missing on Monday afternoon !.

( Far superior to those £3.50 Chicken Balti Pies at The Kassam Stadium Mr McQueen !!..aaargh !).

Bon Appetit you Brewers !..and a great game to follow !!.

I believe the steak pie was really nice and hot ooooh.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 19:59   #28
Senior Member+

Few Years back a narrow but great Easter Saturday win at Grimsby was followed by an Easter Monday home defeat by almost relegated Chester.

Burton's home defeat today by Paul Cook's men when they are going for automatic promotion makes their visit to the Crown a must win for them.

So hopefully the Town will get behind the team to ensure a win against Burton and to start to get clear blue water between Stanley and the relegation spots.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..