Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2014, 15:10   #1
Resting in Peace

Burton match thread

Since my posts on the live text thingy are being blocked, here goes.
Time to make some proactive subs for once! Even blooming Bowyer has made two subs at Half time to try to get Rovers something. Plenty of attacking options on our bench
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-03-2014, 15:56   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Burton match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Time to make some proactive subs for once! Even blooming Bowyer has made two subs at Half time to try to get Rovers something. Plenty of attacking options on our bench
Only one sub at 80 minutes? Grrrrr.
Good job other results went for us today.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 15:59   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
i see Sam Robinson was on the match text today (bring back Dan)
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 16:20   #4

Before JB comes on and tries to con the fans like he did after Portsmouth that were unlucky or 'the better team' I'll give u my opinion, we got what we deserved today - nothing!

We could have been 3 down after 10 minutes if it wasn't for Betteneli and a clearance of the line. The penalty was blatant and they could have had a couple more of the ref had seen odejayi holding.

Elliot Ness had his untouchables Beattie has the ubsubbables and undropables:
Odajayi: hasn't scored for at least 10 games and hasn't played well since he came back after Xmas.
Mingioa: no goals in 25 starts
Naismith: may as well sit on the coach for away games

Only sub today was forced because liddle was injured.

Maybe there's a reason managers go on coaching courses because I'm convinced ours is clueless

Rant over, macdonalds then home
ianray likes this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 20:29   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well my opinions we deserved a point no doubt at all. Whilst i agree Burton coulda scored 2/3 first half, we came into it last 10 mins of that period, The second half we were the better of the 2 sides, What yeh dont mention as blatant Frank, was the fact directly before Aldred was elbowed in the face, An blatant offence which should have resulted in RED, So the penalty directly after could NOT have happened,Whilst i agree the big lad has been poor since the New Year. Yer being very unfair on Mingoia, Who has "Never" been a striker, yet scored a cracker at Wycombe that was at least 1 yard onside when the ball was played, Also the lad had a very decent game today, His 2 breaks back end of first half,resulted in a good cross which came to nowt, n a corner. Still we all see things differently.
FrankMoody and Chubbyman like this.
Old 01-03-2014, 20:47   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well my opinions we deserved a point no doubt at all. Whilst i agree Burton coulda scored 2/3 first half, we came into it last 10 mins of that period, The second half we were the better of the 2 sides, What yeh dont mention as blatant Frank, was the fact directly before Aldred was elbowed in the face, An blatant offence which should have resulted in RED, So the penalty directly after could NOT have happened,Whilst i agree the big lad has been poor since the New Year. Yer being very unfair on Mingoia, Who has "Never" been a striker, yet scored a cracker at Wycombe that was at least 1 yard onside when the ball was played, Also the lad had a very decent game today, His 2 breaks back end of first half,resulted in a good cross which came to nowt, n a corner. Still we all see things differently.
Our eye sight is very similar Cashman ,young Mingoia had one cleared off the line and anybody who can't see the effort and commitment he puts into every game needs to get a pair of dark glass and a white stick.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 20:49   #7
Senior Member+

I agree with Cashy in general terms. We did deserve a point. And let's not forget that the penalty incident came from a Burton corner that should clearly have been a goal kick.

I do agree with Frank, though, in what he says about Kal Naismith - and about our lack of substitutions. Naismith, in his present guise, is a luxury that we just cannot afford at the moment. He seems to have no heart for the physical side of the game. He thinks he is a talented dribbler - but he isn't. Too often he runs into trouble and is easily dispossessed.

I am totally mystified by JB's reluctance to use substitutes. I think Webber was brought on today only because of Lidds' injury. What is the point of taking along more or less the same group of substitutes to every game if they are not going to be used? Surely the introduction of a different forward gives the opposition something new to think about. Odejayi is certainly not the player he was; he seems to me to be carrying an injury. With Danny Webber and James Gray up front, lumbering League 2 defenders such as Ian Sharps would have something very different to cope with. Combine that with the prospect of Will Hatfield darting through from midfield and our attack would look very different.

Our back four and goalkeeper are performing heroics but we are just so weak going forward. We are simply not testing opposition defences and keepers. Come on JB - time for a rethink.
Redraine and FrankMoody like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 20:55   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The substitutes thing i reckon is summat thats baffling most Stanley Fans, To us Webber or someone shoulda been on the Min Burton took the lead,as far as i'm concerned NOT when Liddle was injured, Beats keeps telling us,he has a good squad, well use em then.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:25   #9
Senior Member+

I agree with others on the subs, fresh legs for the last 20 mins must give us fresh impetus, but these decisions are for the manager to make and as far as I'm concerned J. B. has taken us from an almost impossible position to one with a chance of survival yet again
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 17:22   #10
God Member

If it was the push from Mr Winnard that provoked the penalty then it was one of the worst decisions (and, boy, there's plenty of competition from the officials in League 2) of the season.
Daft to push anyone, but thus far the refs have been unable to stop it becoming an almost constant feature of the modern game.
But to give a penalty because someone at the near post was given a shove (he didn't even take the compulsory dive that is a contractual obligation in the Premier League) as the ball sailed yards over his head, thus reducing to zero the Burton player's chance of getting to the cross, was pathetic.
Must admit, before the game, when I saw how many cards that particular ref had issued this season, I was somewhat worried. Rightly so, it turned out.

Burton Alb v Accrington - 1st Mar 2014 | Video | Sky Bet League 2 | Sky Sports Football
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 19:56   #11
Senior Member+

I've watched that clip about 30 times now and I just cannot see any infringement at all. Maybe I need to go to Specsavers. What a pity that the clip didn't show the dreadful decision that awarded the corner to Burton in the first place.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 20:44   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I've watched that clip about 30 times now and I just cannot see any infringement at all. Maybe I need to go to Specsavers. What a pity that the clip didn't show the dreadful decision that awarded the corner to Burton in the first place.
I've done the same RR it seems the two Burton players clash with each other.Baffled beyond belief.....I've also read Dans tweets... Ball for corner not in quadrant in front of official ...Burton player in tunnel no idea why penalty awarded....Naithsmith given offside when the ball passed to him by a Burton player robbing of an equaliser.Plus rants about part time officials....and so on and on....
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:28   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
If it was the push from Mr Winnard that provoked the penalty then it was one of the worst decisions (and, boy, there's plenty of competition from the officials in League 2) of the season.
Daft to push anyone, but thus far the refs have been unable to stop it becoming an almost constant feature of the modern game.
But to give a penalty because someone at the near post was given a shove (he didn't even take the compulsory dive that is a contractual obligation in the Premier League) as the ball sailed yards over his head, thus reducing to zero the Burton player's chance of getting to the cross, was pathetic.
Must admit, before the game, when I saw how many cards that particular ref had issued this season, I was somewhat worried. Rightly so, it turned out.

Burton Alb v Accrington - 1st Mar 2014 | Video | Sky Bet League 2 | Sky Sports Football
Hubby suggests you read Law 12 " FOULS AND MISCONDUCT" in the laws of the game
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:37   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
I suggest hubby shoulda been at the game, people are wound up cos the corner never was, Instead it shoulda been a Red card to Burton n a free kick to Stanley. Everyone yon saw that incident yet as usual the T.V. chose NOT to show it.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:53   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
The football authorities in this country have totally lost control of pushing, shoving, shirt pulling, and diving. Consequently, if refs consistently showed cards for such offences, games would need to be abandoned after 20 minutes because there wouldn't be enough players left on the field.
The injustice here is felt because this particular law continues to be enforced inconsistently by refs.
In any event, the law says that the offence must be in a manner "considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force".
Perhaps what Winnard is alleged to have done would be considered to be careless, reckless or excessive in Western Australia but, I suggest, no reasonable person who plays, watches, or referees football over here would regard it so.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..