Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2008, 07:32   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Bury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Why couldn't they put them in the Coppice End and have an open, seated away section like Stockport?
Think we have to have a minimum of 2,000 covered seats, Sockport already have that for the home fans.

Seem to remember Eric getting upset with this messageboard for starting the rumour that seats will be going under the new roof a while back. Was that because this was the plan all along?

If anybody has time to explain plans I'd be much obliged, couldn't afford £13 and a programme. (I'm wondering is it all Whinney Hill, or just the away end?)

Finally, maybe the away kit would have been better yesterday, looked like our lads couldn't see each other when they passed.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2008, 08:57   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Think we have to have a minimum of 2,000 covered seats, Sockport already have that for the home fans.

Seem to remember Eric getting upset with this messageboard for starting the rumour that seats will be going under the new roof a while back. Was that because this was the plan all along?
In that case, I suppose we'll just have to like it or lump it. As you say, though, it is a bit rich after the club were so indignant when supporters dared to suggest that there was a plan afoot to install seats on the Clayton End. I also thought that the club might have sought the views of fans a bit more instead of just presenting the whole thing as a fait accompli.
Old 30-11-2008, 09:02   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
I also thought that the club might have sought the views of fans a bit more instead of just presenting the whole thing as a fait accompli.
You did?? Really?? Consult the fans before making a decision??
Old 30-11-2008, 09:05   #19
God Member

It certainly sounds unique. I'm not sure there is another ground where the seats are in front of the standing support, it's usually the other way round.
Old 30-11-2008, 09:37   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
You did?? Really?? Consult the fans before making a decision??
Yes, I did. Never learn, do I? Anyway, I'm really cheesed off about it. I waited over 40 years for something like the Clayton End at Stanley and I love it. Once these seats are installed, I reckon it just won't "feel" right anymore. Does anybody else feel the same...or am I making a mountain out of a molehill?
Old 30-11-2008, 10:03   #21
I am Banned

Wyonnie and all; please please take the time to read the new thread I have just put on re the seats.

Thank you, if you need further info please PM me and I'll try to explain things further.
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 11:34   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud View Post
I have to say as a Bury fan i am not sure you can say that the ref was biased as you got two pens today! the first on was a definite pen and futcher was last man not sodje! therefore correct decision yellow card as for the second i don't know still now why it was given and i was behind the goal watching the whole thing. Bury should have had a goal before we actually scored but the linesman! sorry assistant flagged wrongly for offside! the first goal couldn't have been offside as bishop played the ball back from the line therefore you can't be offside.

Stanley came in to it in the second half but we went defensive to kill the game and we did what we had too

You cant really complain if a ref gives you two pens and you still dont get anything out of the game.

i like stanley and i live in accy i have watched stanley on many occasions an i wish you well for the rest of the season but how many times has coleman been sent to the stands and is he going for a record?
Looked at the video now and yes sodje was not the last man. However what of your keeper flying out and elbowing our striker ?

And the offside of the first goal was a few minutes before the goal at the start of the attack, the ball played to the winger was offside in the build up. Him and another of your lads kept getting caught off.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 11:37   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
How the *** can you judge an offside correctly when,in your words, " I was behind the goal watching the whole thing..."?

Its just like saying kiwi john "how can you turn up to a local derby match with 700 fans?"
knillyssexytrackies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 16:31   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud View Post
I have to say as a Bury fan i am not sure you can say that the ref was biased as you got two pens today! the first on was a definite pen and futcher was last man not sodje! therefore correct decision yellow card as for the second i don't know still now why it was given and i was behind the goal watching the whole thing. Bury should have had a goal before we actually scored but the linesman! sorry assistant flagged wrongly for offside! the first goal couldn't have been offside as bishop played the ball back from the line therefore you can't be offside.

Stanley came in to it in the second half but we went defensive to kill the game and we did what we had too

You cant really complain if a ref gives you two pens and you still dont get anything out of the game.

i like stanley and i live in accy i have watched stanley on many occasions an i wish you well for the rest of the season but how many times has coleman been sent to the stands and is he going for a record?
Sorry mate, but you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you thought that goal should have been allowed, your forward was 3 yards offside when the ball was played and it doesn't matter if the ball is played back or forwards, if the player is in front of the last defender and only the keeper to beat he is deemed offside and I was level with the assistant ref when he gave that. Plus your first goal scored was a blatant handball at the edge of the area that the assistant missed. So what goes around comes around, you are correct on one point though, if we cannot score from a penalty then we deserved what we got - nowt. I also have to agree with you on the other point about the yellow for Sodje, even the TV replays show Futcher further back but not 'in play' so to speak. Can't say about the elbow by your goalie coz I couldn't see it. But I have to agree with others on this thread, Premiership refs should stick to the Premiership, because yesterdays ref was clueless as were his assistants.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 16:33   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
didnt buy a programme so dont know about it, what are the arrangements going to be! we should of scored first when he hit it high and wide over but that wasnt his fault hean hasnt really played most game this season! we should of score that penalty! trust bury to go 4 games without socreing beofre comeing to us! jimmy deserved to get mom thought he played very well! wounder why liam got taken off at half-time! coley should not of got sent to the stands, but then again he shouldnt of ran down the line and whacked the ball no doubt he will get a touch line ban for that! well played to lads today we shold of got at least of point out of it we need gornell back we did miss him upfront today clarke should of started imo
Bury won 4-0 against Grimsby last week as I remember.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 16:57   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
it doesn't matter if the ball is played back or forwards, if the player is in front of the last defender and only the keeper to beat he is deemed offside and I was level with the assistant ref when he gave that.

It does matter, you can't be offside if you are behind the ball.
Old 30-11-2008, 17:15   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes, I did. Never learn, do I? Anyway, I'm really cheesed off about it. I waited over 40 years for something like the Clayton End at Stanley and I love it. Once these seats are installed, I reckon it just won't "feel" right anymore. Does anybody else feel the same...or am I making a mountain out of a molehill?
I feel the same. It will look wrong and wont feel the same tbh. Keep the terrace as it is and get building a new stand to provide a bigger income and a bigger and brighter future for stanley!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 17:47   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
trust bury to go 4 games without socreing beofre comeing to us!
you wouldn't score in a brothel with info like that, try 22/10/08 they scored 4 against gillingham.
Old 30-11-2008, 18:36   #29
God Member

The correct stat was that they hadn't scored a goal in their last 4 away games
Old 30-11-2008, 18:42   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I'm with you 100% mate. Thought it must be April 1st when I heard about the plan. "Lower part of the Clayton end"? - it ain't deep enough to have a lower part! Just how many rows of standing would be left behind the bloody seats? If there is no other way apart from the proper solution of the Whinney Hill side being redeveloped ( and I am also at a loss about the budget along with KP), then why not just have the the necessary seats at each end ot the Clayton end? The behind the goal area could still then be for standng only.Without the standing block of Utras and their older brethren the whole matchday experience will be destroyed for ever.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..