Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2009, 21:48   #1

Bury fan in peace

Just a quick post to say well done tonight, was a great game and if I had to choose anyone to lose to itd be you guys, lord knows you deserve abit of fortune

Also thank you for the flag, it was a lovely gesture and hopefully the two clubs will enjoy a great friendship for many years.

good luck for the semis
SuperShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2009, 21:58   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Bury fan in peace

Many thanks SuperShaker, just a shame there had to be a loser tonight. Supporters made the game, pity the players decided to kick lumps out of each other. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 22:14   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cheers mate, tell ya what, will all the injuries ya got, they aquitted themselves pretty well, get em back ya got a good chance of play offs, good luck.
Old 10-11-2009, 22:26   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cheers mate, tell ya what, will all the injuries ya got, they aquitted themselves pretty well, get em back ya got a good chance of play offs, good luck.
That's the plan, a post xmas surge up the table!
Old 10-11-2009, 22:52   #5
Senior Member+

A really good turnout of fans from Bury. There had to be at least 700 Bury fans. Bury played well, and were unfortunate to lose.

Although delighted of course Stanley won. Who are we going to get in the next round now?
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 23:05   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
A really good turnout of fans from Bury. There had to be at least 700 Bury fans. Bury played well, and were unfortunate to lose.

Although delighted of course Stanley won. Who are we going to get in the next round now?
whens the draw?
Old 10-11-2009, 23:08   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
whens the draw?
Saturday on Soccer AM
Old 10-11-2009, 23:09   #8

Smile Re: Bury fan in peace

Saturday morning again - Soccer AM - Leeds away please KERCHING

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 23:21   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower View Post
Saturday morning again - Soccer AM - Leeds away please KERCHING

Jimbo T blower
is it a two leg match? or is that just northern final?
Old 10-11-2009, 23:33   #10
Full Member+

Semi final straight k.o.- Area final played over two legs...hence...Bradford or Carlisle at home in the semi...(both should bring a decent following if we give them time to get here...a.k.a. ditch the 7pm kick off) and then hopefully Leeds over 2 legs in the Northern final...

If at whatever stage we get Leeds, be it semi or a two leg final, it's bound to be televised !!! David v Goliath and all that.....

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 23:58   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Semi final straight k.o.- Area final played over two legs...hence...Bradford or Carlisle at home in the semi...(both should bring a decent following if we give them time to get here...a.k.a. ditch the 7pm kick off) and then hopefully Leeds over 2 legs in the Northern final...

If at whatever stage we get Leeds, be it semi or a two leg final, it's bound to be televised !!! David v Goliath and all that.....
Cheers carpon, thats what i was thinking, Leeds oer Two Legs would be a real bonus, providing we stuff the other in semi. that would be real Kerching jimbo.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:18   #12
God Member

any pictures of the flag??
Old 11-11-2009, 07:25   #13

Hi Guys. Well done on last night and all the best for the rest of the competition. We just couldnt chnage anything because we had no one on the bench except Morrell whose only trained for 2 days since the start of the seaosn.

Grant looked a decent player once again and even though we looked alot better after half time Ive no complaints. Now get Leeds and kick their backsides.

I couldnt believe the turnout from the Bury fans considering its was a 7pm JPT game but all these injuries seems to have got the fans right behind the team.

Thanks for the flag which was a great gesture and all the best for the rest of the season.

Weve got Notts county Saturday. Just hope Lowes okay because if hes injured now we are knackered. See you in December!!!
carlmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:46   #14
God Member

Todays Telegraphb has Coley wanting Leeds in the semi final. He says we have more chance of beating them in a one-off game than over two legs. I'm more interested in the money though and would rather Bradford at home followed by a money spinning home and away wi'Leeds.

Thanks Bury fans! you lot just keep on giving - I too could not believe the turnout for a 7pm start. Excellent. But please sing more!!!!! When you sang you were easily the loudest away fans this year but there wasn't a lot of it. I know there was more singing than what we heard as we could see the group of you at the back keep trying, but the big songs have good potential if you can get it to spread.

I meant to try to catch up with you Carl, but I was straight onto the game as I was late from work - maybe next time buddy?

Also a big thanks to Spud. I have dissed the lager in the club now for a few weeks and had gone so far as to STOP drinking it!!! But Spud pointed out that the Kronenberg was okay. And indeed it was!

Well done Willie Miller as well, the flag was a FANtastic gesture towards a FANtasatic group of fans who helped us out in our hour of need. Brilliant guys.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:43   #15

I dont think our first half displayed help the atmosphere in the away end. We were shocking mate. Just lumping it up front to Lowe is the answer. Second half was better but Ive got to admit being 2 - 0 down really knocked the stuffing out of us.

Second half was better.
carlmason is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..