Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2005, 08:55   #1
God Member

Cambridge prices

According to this story http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/spor...ad413e9b66.lpf

Quote:
Entry to the Hereford game on Tuesday night was free for children, while admission to the Accrington match is just £1 for juveniles.
I dont know if this counts for away fans.. It should if home fans get in for a quid. But as its to promote more Cambridge fans then ..hard to say

just the sort of info we should be getting from official sources IMHO
Old 19-08-2005, 09:15   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Cambridge prices

...and just the sort of thing we should be doing at the IES!
Old 19-08-2005, 09:35   #3
rob

From Anton Thacker - CFU Committee

Cambridge United are playing Accrington Stanley on Saturday 20th August, kick Off 3.00pm, in a Nationwide Conference match at the Abbey Stadium. This a chance for all Stanley supporters to come and see their team play at one of the new stadiums in the Conference. Early arrivals are welcome in the supporters club before the match (we charge a small fee £1 for entrance) as well as checking out the CFU stall where supporters are welcome to enter our prediction competition, buy a wristband (yellow and black interlocking bands
with "Fans United Never Defeated" written on it for £4) or just come by for a chat. We look forward to meeting you.

Tickets (costing from £12 for Adults/£8 for Consessions/£3 for children) can be obtained by ringing 01223 566500. It is also pay on the day.

Cambridge United's ground is at the Abbey Stadium, directions to the ground can be found at: http://www.cambridge-united.premiumt...,10423,00.html
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 09:47   #4
God Member

To be fair stanley did try it wiht kids and the ground was over run by the little buggers spoiling it for everyone else.. double the amount of stewards couldnt have kept them all under control...

Its better kids free if with an adult maybe.. but certainly not a blanket kids free or a quid... it caused mayhem last time ...
Old 19-08-2005, 12:53   #5
God Member

I agree with the kids free with a paying adult as hopefully the kids will then persuade parents to come along. Also maybe a family ticket for each game might be an idea.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 13:13   #6
God Member

Am I reading this right? Is it a quid to get into the bar before the game....and then normal admission prices for the ground?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 13:14   #7
Senior Member+

Coupon in the local paper " One free childs place with every paying adult " "Family ticket £25. 2 adults and up to 3 kids" Not just one off offers, make e'm all season and see the results.

The Weather was not the only reason for such a poor gate for our first home game I am sure.

We are charging MORE and giving NO more in return, that is the way a lot of the local public will view it. We live in poundshop town . People will respond to discounts and offers for sure

I am not moaning. I am genuinley worried that our GREAT club may suffer this season.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 13:42   #8
God Member

or we could sell tickets like the pre season games where by u for a few games like next four home games for a discounted price!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..