Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 20:23   #1

Car Parking... Or NOT!!

I, along with a number of other fans, have payed a donation to the Club for the right to park in a reserved space. I have even been given a number of a particular space. Please tell me Rob or Eric, why it is on Saturday that space was no longer available to me. We arrived at 1.50 (well within the new rules time) to be told by a very harrased steward that he had to find an extra 25 spaces and therefore my space along with 24 others had been taken. By who and why?? You have entered into a contract to provide spaces to those who made a "donation" so by alowing others to use the reserved space you are breaking that contract. Another example of not caring for YOUR supporters who have to sit in the dark (floodlights without working lamps, seating in the stand where you get soaked from leaking roof, and the Clayton End with no covering YET). I am not a very happy bunny and would appreciate some kind of explanation.
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2006, 20:56   #2
Junior Member+

Re: Car Parking... Or NOT!!

how do fettler

interested to read your post and i sympathise.

i was on pretty late on saturday me and my old man were stuck in traffic. got my main stand season ticket out and was told the stand is full. obviously i asked the obvious question: how have you filled a stand without letting all the season ticket holders in? the reply was more of a grunt than a word followed by the explanation its not my fault. ultimately we got in the clayton end. which wasnt much good for my dad who needed the seat.

it makes a mockery of the recent calls for more fans as soon as 3,000 folk turn up the club can't handle the numbers. if i were a casual fan and not a diehard supporter i wouldnt be coming back.
Old 08-10-2006, 21:06   #3
God Member

I seem to remember back in may or june somebody asked how they would ensure that season ticket holders were accounted for. No answer was given at the time.
Old 08-10-2006, 21:10   #4
Junior Member+

your not the only person who enquired back then i was talkin to a mate on the clayton end and he said much the same thing. its really amatuer on stanleys part. i went down the pub to watch england afgter and was tellin another stanley fan about it - everyone in ear shot was laughing at stanley its simply embarassing.
Old 08-10-2006, 22:14   #5
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Come on Rob Heys answers are required to questions in this thread. While Coley and the lads do what is required on the pitch once again we are let down by a very poor service behind the scenes, shop is still a joke. It's in your interest to make some sort of reply as local papers seem to have latched on to this and questions are being asked, just what I've heard.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 22:58   #6
Senior Member+

Give Rob chance Bagpuss, sure hes got other things to do that be on here on a sunday waiting for people to post questions.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:14   #7
rob

i pm'd fettler shortly after the post was made.

if anyone has any complaints/suggestions/problems/ideas then the door is always open and the phone will always be answered. if there is a problem on a matchday then we are happy to talk about it there and then, and a club official is never far away?

obviously reading the posts above there were a couple of problems on saturday, and if the club is contacted with some details then of course we will look into the issue, and indeed resolve it and make sure that it doesn't happen again.

as it is we will look into the comments made, although in future i would urge people to get in touch with the club rather than making anonymous postings on a messageboard?

rob
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 15:08   #8

1) rob's PM was a sarcastic suggestion to contact him rather than go public
2) a public reply from the officials of the club can do no harm
3) Iv'e stated clearly in my original post what the problem was.
Old 09-10-2006, 15:12   #9

keep us informed. none of this secrecy lark. it's not the supporters club you know LOL!
Old 09-10-2006, 15:25   #10
rob

in the interests of openness, a public reply to fettler...

i can assure you that my pm wasn't meant to be sarcastic, it was a genuine request for info, albeit a hasty one. that said we would admittedly prefer to have the opportunity to resolve problems face to face (or by email or phone) than through a messageboard.

we did have problems on saturday, and we will work to make sure they don't happen again. if you can tell us what your car park number is we will look into your individual case.

best regards,

rob

ps - at the risk of sounding flipant, the lamps have been sorted now...
pps - also if you can tell me where the stand is leaking i will ensure that it is sealed ahead of the next game...
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 15:29   #11

By the way Rob, anonymous means you don't know who sent it...My post has clearly got a name to it. The name Fettler was given to me in my Rugby playing days, the handle is Mike Firth and I sometimes appear on the Fans Panel on Radio Lancashire, telling all who listen to get themselves done to watch Accy Stanley. You still need to think about your loyal supporters.
Old 09-10-2006, 15:30   #12

thanks for that Rob, I will still sing the praises listen between 6.15 and 6.45 tonight.
Old 09-10-2006, 15:31   #13

on Radio Lancashire
Old 09-10-2006, 15:45   #14
God Member

off to the OSC meet straight after you come off air?
Old 09-10-2006, 17:37   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
pps - also if you can tell me where the stand is leaking i will ensure that it is sealed ahead of the next game...
The leak goes all the way from the seats......to the cowshed at whinney hill, and I think there is one at the other end (coppice)
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..