Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2013, 17:06   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Cardiff match thread

COME ON THE REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Aparently the young keeper from Fulham was brilliant in the conference last season for Dartford.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2013, 18:16   #47
God Member

Dam,, no sign of rain down here so have to go to work and can't follow game.. DAM.
C'mon STANLEY.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 18:28   #48
Senior Member+

TEAM...... Bettinelli, Murphy, Aldred, Atkinson, Liddle, Joyce, Richardson, Clark, Mingoia, Hatfield, Naismith

SUBS...... B Wilson, McCartan, Gray, Carver, Windass, Mahoney, Jenkins
Old 28-08-2013, 18:29   #49
Senior Member+

Mahoney & Jenkins both youth team then....... No JB on the bench?
Old 28-08-2013, 19:47   #50
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Ht and stanley are holding there own against the prem team, good first half think we might nick one second half :0)
Old 28-08-2013, 19:54   #51
God Member

Cardiff may make history tonight. Can't be many teams that, in consecutive games, have played against the richest and the skintest league teams.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 20:15   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Ht and stanley are holding there own against the prem team, good first half think we might nick one second half :0)
I'll have a pint of what you're drinking
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 20:23   #53
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Poor attendance tonight
Old 28-08-2013, 20:33   #54
Senior Member+

Very poor
Old 28-08-2013, 20:59   #55

What was gate? Both side about ?
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 21:20   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thought Stanley played very well against a strong Cardiff side, New keeper played very well, Richardson was much improved, Atko a colossus, overall no-one let stanley down, yeh wouldn't think twas the same side that lost to Cheltenham, ( it wasn't.) some of our movement i thought as good as ive seen,since return to the league. WELL DONE. Same again on Sat please.
sherry and Chubbyman like this.
Old 28-08-2013, 21:22   #57
Junior Member+

1600 is a joke for a big game against a premier league side.....where the hell is everyone?

We are looking like a bad side fair enough but still!

where are all the people that watched us win the conference or the unibond for that matter! Last time I saw them it was outside the town hall saying how good it was to have the town team back in the league!

Well done to the stay aways because you will soon see us relegated, maybe you will all start coming again when its bamber bridge on boxing day!
DarwenRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 21:24   #58
Resting in Peace

Good performance by the Reds tonight in view of the injury/suspension situation. JB was trying to do a Chelsea by not starting with any out and out attackers and it worked for a long time. It's a pity their big useless 8 million quid n0.9 had to go off, because his even bigger replacement lump was a real handful and made all the difference, but Tom can take enormous credit for making the "waste of money" look like a conference player. Up to their first goal Stanley looked the better team in the second half and started to put their defence under real pressure, but after they scored they were able to relax and play their clever possession footy, or "taking the ****", if you prefer.
Whoever gave out the MOM award needs to be told you don't give it to the one player who constantly gives away the ball in dangerous attacking positions, and I had that Gordon Lightfoot moment yet again when it was announced....... " I just don't get it". Big minus tonight was our terrible set piece/free kick delivery standard, but overall I feel pretty confident we can get out of the current mess.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 21:28   #59
Senior Member+

I thought that Stanley played well tonight and came out of the match with quite a lot of credit. It was a moment of class by Maynard that took the game away from us and we were just asleep for the second goal scored within a minute of the first! 2 - 0 seemed a bit harsh. After that Cardiff just passed the ball around in order to make us chase shadows. The central defence pairing is looking better every match and again Aldred was my man of the match for Stanley. Until they scored Joyce played much better. Carver did well when he came on and I would like to see him paired up front with Naismith. The emergency keeper looked confident and dominated the box. The young number 23 did well when he came on too. If we can reproduce this form, effort and cohesive play against division 2 sides then I see no reason why we can't make a move up the league. Some great support tonight from The Ultras behind the goal.
ON STANLEY ON!
Redraine, cashman and sherry like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 21:34   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thought Stanley played very well against a strong Cardiff side, New keeper played very well, Richardson was much improved, Atko a colossus, overall no-one let stanley down, yeh wouldn't think twas the same side that lost to Cheltenham, ( it wasn't.) some of our movement i thought as good as ive seen,since return to the league. WELL DONE. Same again on Sat please.
Got to agree Cashman,keeper bloody awesome,commanded his area very well,his kicking and throwing excellent going to our own players for a change.Disappointed Carver didn't get the nod but what a bloody difference when he and Mahoney came on chased everything giving the defence no time on the ball and all of a sudden chances appeared.Carver should start on Saturday and Mahoney on the bench at least.Its coming the charge up the table keep the faith.
cashman likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..