Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2006, 07:16   #31

Re: carlisle game

I agree with the above about sean doherty, he had a great game for me, chased every ball, showed some great displays of skill and whipped in many a decent cross, it's just a shame mully's injured, he'd a caused havoc in the box with that delivery.

Let's hope Sean plays like that on saturday, he deserves that possition on the wing!
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2006, 07:28   #32
God Member

So who do we want next????
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 07:41   #33
God Member

Tranmere or Blackpool if away. Somebody crap at home would be ideal. Rochdale please. four more wins til Wembley/Cardiff
Old 18-10-2006, 09:01   #34
Resting In Peace

Attendance of 850 and probably 400 were from Carlisle. That's about 450 from Accy, we have over 500 season ticket holders WHERE WERE YOU? Don't people realise that these games are a bonus where everybody has to pay. Attending these matches could raise extra money to put towards the roof. Where were all the whingers who moan about a roof, where were all the supporters who moan about the apathy of Accrington people ? Last season and the season before we took loads to Bradford, Oldham and Rotherham in the LDV, where were you last night? Did everybody who has moaned about low gates attend the game last night or are you season ticket holders who won't go to a game if you have to pay? WHERE WERE THE MISSING THOUSAND LAST NIGHT, DOES ANYBODY KNOW?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 09:11   #35
God Member

I wasn't there myself as I was working late. I went to the ground for a couple of bevvies though, got there just as penalties were being taken. If I hadn't of been working I dont know whether I would have been prepared to pay thirteen quid to stand in the rain (looked like it was gonna really bucket down) for a cup match.

Look around the gate figures for all the matches in the LDV last night, they were all very poor. Everyone else had price incentives as well. Other than the kids initiative (done via the league?) we charged normal price. People will not pay it, we say it year after year after year but the club learns nothing from it. I am familiar with mathematics that if you half the price then you need twice as many people, but 450 people at £13 quid a go is equivalent to 1170 people paying a fiver. Always a big chance to gain some new fans and try to make a few quid on ancilliary sales.

I will be interested to see what the pricing is for the nothing cup match against Rochdale. Chance to fill the ground there.
Old 18-10-2006, 09:41   #36
Super Moderator

I admit I'm a notorious "gate-whinger" and I didn't go last night. Here's why - a few years ago I gave up driving (I kept crashing into things!). Now, the last stage coach from Accy to the big city is around 7.30, so for league night matches, I usually stay over at the Norwood. However, I didn't feel I could justify an extra cost of £39 for a JPT first-round match. But, you're quite right, Jeff, and I did feel a bit guilty, especially when I saw the attendance figure. I promise that if we are at home or away at somewhere accessible by public transport for the next round, I will attend!
Old 18-10-2006, 10:00   #37
Super Moderator

Blackpool at home...right, I'll be there!
Old 18-10-2006, 10:00   #38
God Member

Well, I couldn't come because the round trip is 460 miles (by train) and I would be repeating the journey tomorrow for saturday's Walsall game.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 10:03   #39
Resting In Peace

For the gate price to be reduced both participating clubs have to agree. Watford away in the Carling Cup was only a tenner, both clubs must have agreed. Obviously for the Carlisle game both clubs did not agree, whether it was Stanley or Carlisle is only for them to know, but we cannot just blame Stanley for the £13 entrance fee, if Carlisle refused to allow a reduction it is not Stanley's fault.
Old 18-10-2006, 10:06   #40
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
Attendance of 850 and probably 400 were from Carlisle. That's about 450 from Accy, we have over 500 season ticket holders WHERE WERE YOU? Don't people realise that these games are a bonus where everybody has to pay. Attending these matches could raise extra money to put towards the roof. Where were all the whingers who moan about a roof, where were all the supporters who moan about the apathy of Accrington people ? Last season and the season before we took loads to Bradford, Oldham and Rotherham in the LDV, where were you last night? Did everybody who has moaned about low gates attend the game last night or are you season ticket holders who won't go to a game if you have to pay? WHERE WERE THE MISSING THOUSAND LAST NIGHT, DOES ANYBODY KNOW?
As much as i agree with the sentiment & nope i wasn't there - simply cos thers no roof - it was pishing it down which aint fun with 2 rugrats plus i've just got over the flu plus getting there & back in that weather & TBH it was the 1st round of the johnstone cup [never heard of it till now] will be there hopefully on saturdays match - as its not fun listening to it on radio [except for dan & karen] as going.

Sorry the die hard fans will go regardless of weather roof or owt, but to draw the crowds in at winter we need a roof & i suspect the weather would of had a bearing on attendances!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 10:07   #41
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
I will be interested to see what the pricing is for the nothing cup match against Rochdale. Chance to fill the ground there.
The nothing cup match against Rochdale is AWAY
Old 18-10-2006, 10:10   #42
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
As much as i agree with the sentiment & nope i wasn't there - simply cos thers no roof - it was pishing it down which aint fun with 2 rugrats plus i've just got over the flu plus getting there & back in that weather & TBH it was the 1st round of the johnstone cup [never heard of it till now] will be there hopefully on saturdays match
Will you be there on Saturday if it's pishing it down ? Are you a season ticket holder ?
Old 18-10-2006, 10:10   #43
God Member

Quote:
we have over 500 season ticket holders WHERE WERE YOU?
I was in the Main Stand.

Quote:
Where were all the whingers who moan about a roof
They obviously didn't want to get wet through, due to the lack of said roof.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 12:00   #44
Resting in Peace

What about the Roberts factor?
As I was walking up from the bottom end of Clayton last night I caught up with a Stanley fan on his way. "Wonder who'll be up front tonight?" says I. " Probably a few changes " was the reply.
" Have to be some as Mullin's injured and Roberts has gone!"
" What do you mean - gone?"
So I told him and he said "Bloody hell I wouldn't have turned out if I'd have known".
Had to leave him then as he couldn't keep up with me due to a by-pass operation, so I wonder if he carried on and made it to the game. Strange thing was about 5 minutes later an flashing ambulance whizzed past back down the road, so I hope the bad news didn't do for him!
Horrible thought.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 14:57   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
WHERE WERE THE MISSING THOUSAND LAST NIGHT, DOES ANYBODY KNOW?
I too was in the main stand and I paid £15 for the privilege not £13. I am also a season ticket holder and I make it to every home match and a few away ones as well (work dependent) Torquay being the last one. So whilst I can understand the ethics of the fact there was no roof and it was raining for part of the game, I can also sympathise with those who have said it was only the Johnstones Paint Trophy (previously known as LDV amongst various other disguises). Accy folk are not the worlds richest and coming on with kids can get expensive, especially as only one got in free with an adult accompanying. Wonder how much the kids from J.C's old school paid? I have been suitably reprimanded in the past when talking cost of going to matches, I just happen to be one of the luckier folk who can afford to pay my entrance fee, lets not ask where were the missing few, but what can the club do to entice more people through the gate for round 2 (eg cutting the cost of entrance to £7 for the stand and £5 for the terracing as well as the JPT ruling of 1 kid free with accompanying adult. The atmosphere was like a church graveyard at times, but when the penalties kicked in (no pun intended) it seemed like every Accy fan was up and shouting. To be fair, we even fielded an understrength team and still won. Lets us pray for a dry night on the 30th against Blackpool and a few more fans turn up as well.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..