Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2006, 10:02   #1
God Member

Cashing in.....

I noticed earlier that on ebay there is a company called "Sporting Badges" offering for sale a number of fridge magnets which show the team and the words "we're going up...2006". Well, that company is quick off the mark

However, my questions are:

1) Will the club be getting a percentage cut of the sale proceeds of these items?

2) If not, then what is to stop other companies cashing in on the Stanley name, and possibly undermining sales of official Stanley merchandise?

3) Does it matter anyway, because it's all publicity in one form or another?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2006, 10:22   #2
God Member

Re: Cashing in.....

I check ebay on a daily basis.. if theres anyhting I htink breaches copyright I inform the club and they act if appropriate.

If ANYHTING has one of my pictures on then I immediatly contact the seller and ask them to remove (fridge magnets, clocks ect) and if they dont then I contact ebay copyright complaints (once)

I will sell the odd picture on ebay.. I have a pic of Coley and Capt Cav on the pitch with the "were going up" bottle of champers.. Coley has signed it and jus to get cav to sign it.. that will be mounted framed and offered on ebay (or to best offer?) .. But they are my pics and I do share wiht the club....soemtimes
Old 21-04-2006, 10:40   #3
Senior Member+

I noticed a number of people trying to get things signed (balls, etc) on Monday. While I don't pretend to know everyone who goes to the matches, I certainly didn't recognise these characters.

The club needs to be aware of these opportunists and perhaps limit the amount of signing the players do.
Old 21-04-2006, 11:05   #4
God Member

Thats a difficult one though TM ... they dont know who is who... if they dont sign then they look like there too big for there boots... also i am guessing adults send kids to get it done.. more chance of it happening...

very hard one to control... ideas right.. implimentation hmmmmm
Old 21-04-2006, 11:48   #5

I for one won't be buying any pics from Kipax bearing the faces of the Stanley boys. I am sick to death of seeing Gary Robert's ugly mug looking at me every morning from my Mrs's bedside cabinet!!!!!
PaulMullinsForehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2006, 12:43   #6
Senior Member+

I see what you mean Kipax and agree that the problem is a tricky one. I know teams like Man Utd won't sign things without good reason for this very reason.

It's just a shame when people who have contributed nothing cash in on Stanley's success.
Old 21-04-2006, 14:51   #7

Custard Cube (the music stall) on Accy Market is also cashing in - selling T-shirt with Accy Stanley on them etc. Said he's gonna be selling more with Champions on. Contacted the club, hope they nip this in the butt.
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2006, 15:03   #8

Will the club be selling any commemorative merchandise? I missed out on the Unibond promotion so I don't know what the club policy is for things like this. It seems as though teams over here have items ready before they actually clinch the title to capitalize on the emotional high and its accompanying impulse buying spree.

Last edited by MichiganRed; 21-04-2006 at 15:08.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2006, 15:57   #9
God Member

Michigan red.... commemorative merchandise would seem to be a missed opportunity.. I daresay something will appear but it should have been on sale the day of or the day after... methinks boat missed on this one

Champions scarf would be good at least..
Old 21-04-2006, 16:02   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Champions scarf would be good at least..
I wouldn't mind a T-shirt or sweatshirt. I could also use a new hat since the one I have now has gotten rather ragged and worn over the last couple of years.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2006, 16:05   #11
God Member

In the next hr I am putting a pic on ebay of Coley and Cav on the woking pitch with the nationwide conference champs bottle labelled "were going up" .. Both Coley and Cav have signed it

Its the same size, quality paper, mounting and frame as the Roberts/Craney pic and should bring the same price.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..