Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2006, 16:49   #1

Celtic Cross

Playing at the Plough tonight from 9pm if anyone fancies it. I'll be there, as I'm not in work 'til the afternoon tomoz

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2006, 09:41   #2
God Member

Re: Celtic Cross

good band - good night.

Celtic Cross play a lot of folky Irish stuff that people of all ages can get into. But the highlight of the night had to be Cart On Stanley. It is the first time I have heard it properly as the tannoy cannot be heard all the way through a song. When the CD comes out next week and gets into peoples homes it will be a roaring success. Bring an extra three quid to the game and get the Stanley EP with four songs on it. Will be for sale at the bottom of the steps from the Crown, Club shop and hopefully the bar as well.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:46   #3

I also tried to tell Zero not to say 'exactly' at the end of Cart On, but he was having none of it. Also heard Poundland which will also be on the EP, and that was quite a good track too.

The other song I really liked was called Old Town, if I remember rightly. Good live act, will try to catch 'em again.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
Old 12-10-2006, 11:13   #4
I am Banned

LOL cant wait for the full version - people are getting fed up of texting me so i can sing along to cart on stanley for a few seconds on me phone - & that sets me singing it accapella cat styley for rest of the day cover your ears
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 14:10   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I also tried to tell Zero not to say 'exactly' at the end of Cart On, but he was having none of it. Also heard Poundland which will also be on the EP, and that was quite a good track too.

The other song I really liked was called Old Town, if I remember rightly. Good live act, will try to catch 'em again.
The point of saying "Exactly" at the end is bringing the initiative back to us, after all these years it`s time for us to fire it right back at them. No longer will we be famous for some old milk advert but for having the greatest soundtrack in football history. We`ve been travelling the country flying the flag for Accy for years and we always make sure we get the "Exactly" in First. Here`s how the conversation goes.

Punter: "Where are you boys from then ?"
Cross: "Accrington"
Punter: "Accrington Stanley ?"
Cross: "Exactly !"

Anyway thanks for coming along to the show, "Cart On" went down a storm dinnit. It was brilliant to play it at a home gig after umpteen gigs of winding up Forest, Derby, Hull and Macc fans etc. (who incidently gave us a good response for it anyway). the other song you mention I believe is "Dirty Old Town" by Ewan MacColl (Kirsty`s Dad).
BTW where were you when we did "I love the smell"

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 00:09   #6

I was in the Pub before you started your gig, I heard every track. I love the Smell of Accy in the Morning is a really good track too, got the potential of being an anthem

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..