Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2006, 14:41   #1
God Member

Cheerleaders

Are they going to be there every game now? I wasn't keen on the idea originally but I thought they went down quite well on Monday so have changed my mind .. Didn't hear anyone booing did you?
Old 24-02-2006, 14:55   #2
Member.

Re: Cheerleaders

Are they part of the club, or are they imported.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 14:57   #3
God Member

They have the word ANGELS on there uniforms (is that the right word?) but I am told they are actually called Stanley Angels.... I am investigating and in contact with the organisors and awaiting there response... Watch this space
Old 24-02-2006, 15:31   #4
Senior Member+

there is an article in the observer about the angels today..The fans who writes about stanley called simply red detested the idea and labelled the cringe worthy and unecesseray....Bit harsh..I thought they were ok...
Old 24-02-2006, 15:33   #5
God Member

I think they gave off a really good colourful display for the cameras against Morecambe, maybe a bit much for a rainy game against Burton, like.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 15:34   #6
God Member

Yeagh thats my picture on the front page that the Observer neither credited me with or paid for
Old 24-02-2006, 16:05   #7

They used to have cheerleaders at Blackburn Hawks Ice Hockey ( I do not know if it is the same ones ) I found that at first they were entertaining. However the novelty wears off. They're fine every now and then, for big and/or televised games, I just hope that they don't start coming every game, it will get irritaiting in my opinion.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 16:23   #8

Ummm, aren't people going a little ott here? If you don't like them, don't watch them. Simple, eh?

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 16:28   #9
Senior Member+

Sorry but I agree with Ms Simply Red

In a word, pap!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 17:39   #10
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayno14
there is an article in the observer about the angels today..The fans who writes about stanley called simply red detested the idea and labelled the cringe worthy and unecesseray....Bit harsh..I thought they were ok...
I won’t see the Observer until tomorrow afternoon but I think it’s a bit harsh pulling the Girls down in that way. I’m indifferent to whether are not we have them, but if they are to form part of the clubs drive forward to provide wider entertain value for our money then at least we should show some compassion towards their feelings, I do have to say I expected them to be older.

In respect of entertainment value, it’s a bit of fun and shouldn’t do anyone any harm. I think there is an argument for half time entertainment of some sort be it cheerleaders are a return of the Accrington Pipe Band there should be something. What I would suggest in an improvement or replacement of the tannoy system, I weren’t even aware that the club played music until the chat about song sheets last week and I could barely hear the 50/50 numbers or team announcements without being sat in the main stand.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 24-02-2006, 17:42   #11
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
Sorry but I agree with Ms Simply Red

In a word, pap!
Pap! what an interesting word "Pap". I thought they came in pairs?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 24-02-2006, 20:29   #12
God Member

hence one pap is crap

a pair of paps is not.

I thought that the Angels were paps
Old 24-02-2006, 21:33   #13
Senior Member+

Having attended a few Wigan Athletic games this season (when not at Stanley or clashing with Stanley matches) They have there own cheerleaders on every game and included is a couple of gymnasts dancing to various tunes. If Accy were to get a particular theme tune to dance too them I see no reason why they should not become part of the Stanley scene and create a family atmosphere. Keep 'em I say, they may just grow on you - and as others have said, if you don't like 'em, don't watch 'em!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 21:49   #14
God Member

Sorry but personally I don't like the idea, nothing against the girls - they did an ok job on Monday but if we have to have them at all I think it should only be for a few games in the season, not every week.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 22:41   #15

We've had something similar at MFC for over 3 years now. Go down pretty well with everybody. At least BOTH clubs are trying something new!
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..