Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2008, 15:56   #91
God Member

Re: Chesterfield Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Does anyone think coley will ever play players in their correct positions and grow the bollo**s to tell certain people they aren't playing, and swallow enough pride to put in players he obviously has personal issues with?
Urmm no, prefers to argue the toss to refs & getting sent off himself - really sets an example thus getting us nowhere

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2008, 15:57   #92
God Member

Chesterfield 2, Mark Roberts 2 - Accrington Stanley - 2.

The lad has lost all his bottle and I don't think it's primarily his fault. He's a good defender but when he's been treated the way he has (and a sieve of a midfield in front of him) - how can he succeed?

We desperately need a defensive coach.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 15:58   #93
Senior Member+

king played two really good games than when he go subbed at home he kicked the drink bottle which hit coley on back of the leg! now he dont play no-more! grant should be played seems a good player from what i have heard

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 15:58   #94
God Member

True shaker as said by Dan - too many individual mistakes!! Not playing as a team.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 16:01   #95
Senior Member+

At least Wrexham and Mansfield lost. With games running out that has to be a good thing.
Old 22-03-2008, 16:01   #96
God Member

why does McGivern seem to be injured whenever opportunity arises? that can be the only explanation why he doesn't feature

King? confused

Aswad? hasn't been the same since Harwood Red mugged him

Harris or Proctor? only room for one. Especially if Mannix is in there as well. And Craney
Old 22-03-2008, 16:06   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
why does McGivern seem to be injured whenever opportunity arises? that can be the only explanation why he doesn't feature

King? confused

Aswad? hasn't been the same since Harwood Red mugged him

Harris or Proctor? only room for one. Especially if Mannix is in there as well. And Craney
don't blame me for Aswad's downturn of play

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 16:07   #98
God Member

and Roscoe bogged off when you abducted his kid!!!!!

(scored today)
Old 22-03-2008, 16:09   #99
God Member

I see what you're doing macca trying to deflect the blame away from coley...well it just won't work!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 22-03-2008, 16:14   #100
God Member

did you get any washing up done today Lesley?

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 22-03-2008 at 16:16.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 16:16   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
did you get any washing up done today Lesley?
Nah still in the sink!!!

Old 22-03-2008, 16:19   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I see what you're doing macca trying to deflect the blame away from coley...well it just won't work!!!!!
questions need answering today regarding team selection

When you have strikers at the club you should use them instead of make shift strikers. If you are playing four central midfielders they should be in the centre. Harris is not a wide player and never will be. Whalley, Harris, Todd could should have played.

King should be playing.
Old 22-03-2008, 16:28   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
We desperately need a defensive coach.
We're been saying this for ages, but when will Coleman admit that he and Bell have no idea how to operate a defensive unit? All the crap about poachers and gamekeepers doesn't wash anymore and for many of us, it never did!

I'm not talking about this specific game as I wasn't there and I don't know what happened (except for reports). We lost away at a promotion chasing club, which isn't really surprising. However, there is a theme of us throwing leads away and not through teams undoing us, but by comedies of error and the inability of the defense (and team) to play as a unit.
Old 22-03-2008, 18:39   #104
Senior Member+

Have just returned from Chesterfield, and I am baffled!!! The referee had an absolute disgrace with both sets of fans barracking him. We outpayed and outthought Chesterfield in the first 45 with the wind against us, second half we didn't have a clue, hoof the ball anywhere towards the opposition goal and hope someone in red will get the ball, which they invariably didn't. Why the hell were we playing a team today with no attackers on the field of play and 2 sat on the bench?? When given the chance to sub an attacker - what happens - Branchy comes on????? What on earth is going on, all I can see is a right good thumping at home on Monday. I also thought that if the last player takes out and attacker (as in our penalty today) they were automatically sent off. No caution or red card was shown to the goalie. 3 of the bookings were for tackles that were a lot less worse than anything Chesterfield had done on our players - yet they were not booked, hence the reason (and I have to say) the players and Coley lost the plot (I cannot really blame them). yet now we get a fine (I think) for more than 5 players booked in one game. Also mystified why Mcgivern wasn't in the team. Long journey back through snow and wind, was it worth it, lets just say the ref and his assitants have a lot to answer for.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 19:12   #105

cant say anything about game because i was busy building shed on me allotment but will be they on monday . How dare any1 have a do at coleman and co ! who do you think you are ? me!!!!! We had some good news this week regarding ground and vice chairman , lets look to the future and mainly to monday and hope coleman has a few games on fifa 08 and figures from that that Whalley is not a striker even though he scored at rochdale . figure out that branch is as much use as a 3 foot window cleaner . figures out that a club needs a few strikers that arnt fat thugs or bald gnomes . coleman should hope this new guy doesnt start saying to eric what supporters reall say on the terraces
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..