Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2009, 13:53   #1

Chesterfield Vs Stanley

Any commentary ? Line-up ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-10-2009, 14:04   #2
God Member

Re: Chesterfield Vs Stanley

Dunbavin

Lees
Edwards
Kempson
Winnard

Miles
Procter
Ryan
Grant

Kee
Symes

Thought Bavs would start today. Glad to see Kee start but will Grant be as effective on the left? Joyce dropped
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 14:10   #3

Not happy with that one bit Martin is no Kenny but he's still light years ahead of Bav and Joyce has been one of the players of the season why the hell has he been dropped just to accomodate the captain.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 14:23   #4
God Member

It's good to see competition for midfield places and versatility with the likes of Ryan, Miles and Grant able to play in two or more positions. However I'm disappointed to see Joyce dropped; neither Procter or Ryan are defensive minded players. Miles always plays better on the left as does Grant up front. Let's hope Stanley are leaving the Spirites as confused and dumbfounded as we are here!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 15:50   #5
Senior Member+

Another Bavs penalty save!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 15:53   #6
Senior Member+

Oh dear! 1-0 to Chesterfield, 92 minutes.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 15:55   #7

Why can't we defend in the last minutes of a game
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 16:10   #8
Senior Member+

Gutted could do with drawing away and winning at home will do.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 16:35   #9
Senior Member+

Chesterfield fan has rung in Radio Sheffield

"Oh dear you will never see such a "robber job" as we have seen today at Saltergate. Accrington fans must have been totally gutted."

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 16:40   #10
Resting in Peace

Battling display but we didnt use the wind intelligently in second half after looking good in the first. Billy Key was very poor and should have made way for Chris Turner early in the second half, so that Grant could have resumed his best position alongside Symes. Perkins was an early sub for the Spireites and I just knew he was going to score, but after we got out of gaol thanks to Bav the little b****r put the knife in. What a sickener. Didnt like the starting lineup one little bit. Ultras loud and long in the second half.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 16:40   #11
God Member

Well there is nothing new about that Haggis When - if ever - was the last time that Stanley did that?? Kee scored late against Darlo, but we won that one 5 times over We just cannot keep it tight in the last few mins, well never mind, it's on to the J.P.T. Tuesday night...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 17:43   #12
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

FULL TIME: Chesterfield 1 Accrington Stanley 0
Old 03-10-2009, 19:53   #13
Super Moderator

Gutted...totally gutted...it was just like Rotherham all over again. We really did deserve a point from that with all the effort we put in. Dunbavin had a good game and I don't just mean the penalty save. He kept us in the game on a number of occasions.

Chesterfield fans were celebrating their good luck in the pub afterwards. How many times have I heard opposition fans do that?
Old 03-10-2009, 20:32   #14
God Member

Smile Re: Chesterfield Vs Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Gutted...totally gutted...it was just like Rotherham all over again. We really did deserve a point from that with all the effort we put in. Dunbavin had a good game and I don't just mean the penalty save. He kept us in the game on a number of occasions.

Chesterfield fans were celebrating their good luck in the pub afterwards. How many times have I heard opposition fans do that?
Too many times for comfort, but maybe it will turn in our favour and we will be nicking all the points on our way to League 1

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 20:55   #15
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

Me too, I heard on the Blackpool Broadcasting Company (BBC)... I heard there was a goal over the car radio between calls; the arm went up because I assumed it was us scoring...I was gutted when they said that Accringtons heart was broken....gutted....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..