Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 13:53   #1
Senior Member+

chris turner

just seen the starting 11 for the notts game.......why oh why is chris turner not starting he was simply brilliant in his cameo at torquay last week and john miles totally absent. are there some dodgy pictures of coley in milesy's wallet?
Old 06-03-2010, 14:29   #2

Re: chris turner

would love CT to start - perhaps Coley fancies him making an impact against tired legs later in the game ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 17:11   #3
God Member

Chris MUST start on Tuesday night. He's clearly fit and ready.

I'm more than prepared to sacrifice waiting 88 minutes to see if some John Miles magic may or may not come.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 18:02   #4
God Member

The only Bright Spark of anything like creativity to enter the frey in a Red Shirt during the whole ninety minutes.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 18:13   #5
Senior Member+

I'd have to agree Pendle
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 18:17   #6
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
The only Bright Spark of anything like creativity to enter the frey in a Red Shirt during the whole ninety minutes.

Correct and that was despite being on the pitch for at least 5 mins before anyone had the nous to pass the ball to him. His first bit of action saw him get round their defence and put in a decent cross but did they exploit that ? No, they just continued lofting it down the left. I don't get it
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 16:52   #7
God Member

Perhaps he's not one of this bloke's mates.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 17:01   #8
Resting in Peace

Careful, Yerself - you'll have Dav007 after you.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 18:27   #9
Senior Member+

hahaha
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 19:35   #10
Junior Member+

It is often said that someone's greatest strength is also their greatest weakness.
This seems to be the case with Coley as he sticks with the players who have performed so well this season.
But if he took a new approach and picked a 'new' team featuring the likes of Turner, Kee and possibly Flynn, we may make the Play-offs, but I fear he will stick with plan A and drift to mid-table?
Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 19:57   #11
God Member

mistakes creep in when players are over used. Players like Edwards and Kempson are normally so reliable but have put some big shifts in this season. It really wouldnt hurt to rest them for a game and reap the longer term benefit. You can't rest them all at once but that is the short sightedness of not having rested others a little earlier when opportunity was there.

But Chris Turner not starting is ridiculous.
Old 07-03-2010, 20:02   #12
Junior Member+

Surely we can't all be wrong can we???
Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:23   #13
Junior Member+

I have to agree with everything said so far about Chris. I managed a team in the Accrington & District League and Chris used to play with us. He was always the player that I thought would make it professionally and when he was released by Burnley it came as a shock.

Being a local lad I feel the fans relate to him as they used to with Grimmy and Ash Hoskin. Unfortunately I don't think he's been given fair do, unlike others such as McConnville and Grant. What worries me is that other managers might see what JC doesn't seem to, and Chris might see his future elsewhere.
pyjamarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:26   #14

I am gonna go against the majority here and say i agree with coley keeping him on the bench as an impact player.he reminds me of andy mangan, he always does well when he comes on but often flatters to decieve when he does start. i also think his end product isnt good enough to be starting. in all the time av watched him i can only remember 2 assists grimsby last season and torquay the other week and thats with all this dazzling wing play and numerous crosses. honestly think he goesa bit to individual like ronaldo when he 1st came over and until he becomes a team player he will probably be a sub more than a starter
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:38   #15
Resting In Peace

Chris Turner plays on the right, Miles plays on the left. For Turner to start it would either have to be Ryan or Joyce who was dropped.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..