Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2012, 15:35   #1
Senior Member+

Chris Turner

Good luck to Chris who's just signed for Barrow ahead of their home match against Kettering tomorrow.

Barrow AFC - Latest News
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2012, 15:37   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Chris Turner

Saw this on twitter,

Good luck Chris !!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 15:40   #3

Hope he knocks in a few and gets a better move for his sake. Wouldn't wish Barrow on anybody. Good luck Chris.
Old 17-02-2012, 18:24   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

No disrespect but if he knuckles down, can be far better n Barrow, Good Luck Chris.
Old 17-02-2012, 18:36   #5
Senior Member+

To be fair to him, he has been playing for Burscough, so he has jumped up a few leagues already.

No doubt whatsoever he is good enough for League Two
Old 17-02-2012, 18:51   #6
Senior Member+

To be fair he's a decent player and just needed game time.It's ironic that cooks likes width in his teams,!,as I have said before you need a large amount of luck as well as talent
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 23:38   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Good luck to Chris who's just signed for Barrow.

Barrow AFC - Latest News

Don't you mean "Good luck Barrow"? -Useless Bar Steward.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2012, 00:53   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
What a plonker you are !!!

Like many I was extremely disappointed to see Turner leave.....he just never got a run of games to show his true worth....

Best of luck to the lad, he has the potential, is still young enough and may yet turn out to be "one that slipped through the net".

And it may have been mentioned on the "welcome back Cooky thread" but In my opinion....I'd have Turner back over Boco any given day out of seven!!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 18-02-2012 at 00:59. Reason: missed a bit!!!
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2012, 07:14   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
i think Chris was a very popular and skilful player when he was at Stanley. I got the impression that he was very patient waiting for his chance. And I believe that he didn`t get that chance because he didn`t fit in with Coley`s formation at that time. An excellent winger with a great cross but he has got to be played in that role. And with not playing first team football he was not in the shop window to go anywhere else.

Thin Monkey your remarks are very out of order, very unnecessary and i find it hard to believe that a so called Stanley fan could aim such abuse at a player who was very loyal and did his best for Stanley.
huncoatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2012, 07:17   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncoatred View Post
i think Chris was a very popular and skilful player when he was at Stanley. I got the impression that he was very patient waiting for his chance. And I believe that he didn`t get that chance because he didn`t fit in with Coley`s formation at that time. An excellent winger with a great cross but he has got to be played in that role. And with not playing first team football he was not in the shop window to go anywhere else.

Thin Monkey your remarks are very out of order, very unnecessary and i find it hard to believe that a so called Stanley fan could aim such abuse at a player who was very loyal and did his best for Stanley.
Very well put

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2012, 07:49   #11
Senior Member+

Sometimes players and coaches have to think outside the box.I am sure Christ could have been moulded into playing behind the front man or even an attacking fullback (more than one have gone done that avenue)
Grant was converted into a forward and was far more effective,even John terry was a midfielder and as a youngster,Liam Dickinson was a centre back !!!
It's how the players adapt to change,and he's still young enough
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2012, 07:59   #12
Senior Member+

Ignore Thin Monkey, just says stuff to get a reaction.
Old 18-02-2012, 18:18   #13
Senior Member+

Aparently was "brilliant" today, and they won 3-0
Old 19-02-2012, 11:55   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I am sure Christ could have been moulded into playing behind the front man or even an attacking fullback
Every chance

And play St John at inside left ............ (the old ones are still the best! ......... )
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 11:57   #15
Senior Member+

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..