Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2006, 08:43   #1

club website

now that accrington stanley are in league div 2 and are now a football league team is,nt it time that this was amended on the a.s.f.c web site as of now they are still advertising the nationwide conference and listing our opponents in the nationwide conference, as it is only just over 2 months away to the start of the season accrington stanley should now be giving the supporters details of our opponents etc.:engsmil:
kerrie l is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2006, 08:58   #2
Senior Member+

Re: club website

club website of the year..I think the webteam know what they are doing and i'm sure it will be ready for the new season!
Old 31-05-2006, 09:16   #3
God Member

first of all kerrie we are not in league two yet... we are still a conference side so why are you saying otherwise... until the agm in early june...

second.. the apponants is just that.. it isnt per season if you care to look properly theres teams in there we havent played in yonks... they are there for a reason.. they dont take up too much space and there search engine optomised links so if you do a google search on quite a lot of those teams (esp lower league ones) the accrington stanley website will appear in the top 5 if not top.. this helps drive traffic to the website...

driving traffic to the website is ultra important as people pay good money to advertise on the website.. thus the more visitors you get the more you can charge... thats why i hate people copying from it.. even to this messageboard.. we want people to go to the site not read it here...

the info for all the league clubs.. its doesnt just appear.. someone has to go on the net collecting it all... we didnt even know who the final teams where in league two until the playoffs last weekend... accyred has been gathering all the info... basic stuff and then directions... the graphics is the hardest bit for each club ... she has it all nearly now but it takes a long time to do... then she has to put it all into database

the league 2 teams will be added to the apponants cus thats what the list is.. apponants.. not this seasons..

use the fixture list... click on a team in there and it takes you to appropriate info..

all we have to do for league two is update apponants... fill in the fixture list when they come out and have new graphics on header of site to incorporate new shirst and fraser eagle etc..

anyone up for doing the graphics?

hows that?
Old 31-05-2006, 11:05   #4

Excellent response Kipax - that sums it all up very nicely !
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2006, 16:07   #5

thanks for info, i was,nt slagging the club website off ,as this is all new to me, its just that i want to get involved watching asfc and as i am a single mum (boy 21 and left home) i just want to try to plan were i can afford to get to next season, are you kipax very good with web sites as the stuff you wrote back to me about explains things:engsmil:
kerrie l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2006, 16:13   #6
God Member

I made the official website and online shop... my wife looks after the info/dataase content side while i make sure it works... and before anyone asks... i didnt use any software... all written in a text editor... site, shop.. database stuff
Old 31-05-2006, 16:19   #7
God Member

double trouble post
Old 31-05-2006, 16:48   #8
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I made the official website and online shop... my wife looks after the info/dataase content side while i make sure it works... and before anyone asks... i didnt use any software... all written in a text editor... site, shop.. database stuff
Where's me cap then?

Seriously, I think the website looks very professional. The links all work and ordering online from the club shop is simple and (hopefully) secure.

Only two issues with the online shop; if an item I've ordered is out of stock, take it off the club shop listings (the cap). Also, the money was taken off my credit card. Mostly, businesses who sell online don't take the money until the item has been sent.

To be fair on this issue, I was sent a 'beanie' hat as the club shop was out of baseball caps - but it wasn't what I ordered.

The message board is a haven of tranquility at the moment. As Accrington have achieved League status, many people will adopt us as a 'second team'. Unfortunately this brings a load of pee-takers.

Do we have forum moderators? If not, we may well need them.
Old 31-05-2006, 17:49   #9

For some reason i cant use the online club shop. I can put things in the 'basket' but when it comes to the 'checkout' the 'basket' is empty

I have turned the interent security off but itt still dosent work has anybody got any suggestions
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2006, 17:53   #10

Can anybody help me

For some reason everytime i try to use the online shopping it dosent work.
I put the items in the basket and it shows it on the screen that there is an item on the basket but when i come to the checkout it dissapears. I have turned the internet secruity off but it still doesnt work, has anybody got any suggestions????
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2006, 18:35   #11
God Member

Stanleywolf.. I made the shop.. I dont stock or run it when you buy online the money is taken there and then.. not when item sent.. that would mean storing your credit card details.... the system is secure because your credit card details are not stored at all.. they are sent to the bank encrypted and a pass/fail is returned and your cc details dissapear... .. never saved to the server for a sinlge second.. no human ever sees them and if they did it wouldnt make much sense encrypted... its software at the bank that checks them... thats a lot more secure than storing them to take payment later

stanleyfan ... what browser you using ?
Old 31-05-2006, 18:36   #12
Senior Member+

Are you using Internet Explorer or another browser?

I find that some features on the website don't work unless you are using the Microsoft product.
Old 31-05-2006, 18:41   #13
God Member

TM what features? would be nice to be told..... I certainly have not made anything that should only work on one browser and I test with firefox... i used to test with opera but havent got it... tell me what only works with ie and i will try to prove you wrong
Old 31-05-2006, 18:45   #14
Senior Member+

The website report page. I tend to write the reports in MS Word and then cut and paste it into the browser. If I do that in IE then it works fine, but if I do it in Firefox it turns into unformatted text, which I can't reformat.

It's not a massive issue as I tend to use IE to post the reports, but it is something that has puzzled me.
Old 31-05-2006, 18:51   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyWolf
Do we have forum moderators? If not, we may well need them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..