Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2007, 00:32   #46

Re: computer techy type needed

prefer the 2nd one, the tee shirts maybe have the new OCS logo on the arm of the clothing, think it will look very nice, or logo on back of tee shirt, the pics on the tee shirts oculd have a quote underneath,

kinda similar to these http://www.80scasuals.co.uk/gallery1.html

Last edited by Scott_ASFC; 04-05-2007 at 00:40.
Scott_ASFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2007, 05:46   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Always wondered who he was, seen the t-shirts and flags etc but havn't a clue, anyone care to explain ?
Seek out the film The Motorcycle Diaries. It's a very entertaining way of learning about Guevara's early life.

This stuff on Wiki should get you going too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Guevara

Macca - I really hope this cloting stuff takes off. Will it be sold in the club shop and on the official site, or will it be sold separately to the club stuff? Are you planning on selling it via the OSC site? You could accept credit card payments via Paypal (or something similar).
It's about time someone started to innovate and I really hope that it's successful.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:48   #48

Smile Re: computer techy type needed

That Coley one is MINT!

Just needs The King or King Coley or Keep The Faith underneath in red letters

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:30   #49
God Member

I defy people to look at that T shirt with Coley on and tell me they don't believe in Darwins theory..

I really really love that "WE ARE THEY" design.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:56   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post

Macca - I really hope this cloting stuff takes off. Will it be sold in the club shop and on the official site, or will it be sold separately to the club stuff? Are you planning on selling it via the OSC site? You could accept credit card payments via Paypal (or something similar).
It's about time someone started to innovate and I really hope that it's successful.

looks like the cat is outta the bag now doesn't it?

we will be looking to sell merchandise via stalls at the Carnival, Mela, Royal Lancs Show etc as well as via some sort of stall in the clubhouse on matchdays (yet to be formalised). I will also be looking for an outlet in the town centre that will be prepared to help us shift some stock. There will be 10% discounts available for all OSC members on most items.

The website is currently being re-vamped to take a club shop of some description that will initially only paypal payments with a view to expanding that to take credit cards at some stage. We will also be opening an e-bay shop. The problem with the ebay shop and online shop will be whether or not we can implement the discount structure into it or whether human intervention will be necessary.

The range will be reasonably small to begin with and maybe a little more basic than later editions will become. There will only be a certain amount of money available set aside as an opening budget and we must spend this on what we know we can sell quickly. It may be that winter would be a better time to sell xyz item but we anticipate making the break even figure quicker on that than a summer item. We will need to convert stock into currency as urgently as possible in order for us to buy the bulk item that we want for the new season.

We have a set of core values established that basically amount to ensuring that we provide a value for money product, a quality product, and a necessary product. We wouldn't dream of doing cuff links for example because the club already do them, but some products there is room for more than one of such as t-shirts and maybe mugs. We want to provide what the fan wants. We want to be in a position where we can capitalise on 'of the moment' product. If at six o'clock on a saturday we draw Blackpool in the FA Cup, by 7 o'clock I want to be on the phone to my printer commisioning an FA Cup special with a joke about donkeys on it. That t-shirt needs to be on sale by monday morning. Likewise, if we were to win a league title, such as maybe the conference, I would have had 250 t-shirts on standby (we knew we were gonna win it didn't we?) and then I'd have had a stall selling them at the very next game.

We (the OSC) are trying to be on the ball and are aiming for a big season this year regardless of what happens on the pitch. We will need the help of all of you lot to do that. Last year we had less than 200 members, maybe due to the lateness of getting the badges and cards available, maybe down to the change in the OSC i dont know, but this year I want 1000 members. I will need help getting those members, I will need help with everything else whilst we are chasing 1000 members - and I want them signed up at the beginning of the season rather than in dribs and drabs all season long.

All profits raised from the inital two or three batches of product will go straight back into funding another line. There are quirky things that we would like to get in but you need to buy in batches costing around £300 a time. Our starting budget is liely to be aaround £500 so obviously it will be a no go getting in any of these ranges until we start to show a profit. Just remember though that this is YOUR football club and therefore YOUR supporters club, therefore YOUR products. If there is something you feel we should be doing then tell me, if you think that things are too expensive, too cheap, crap, excellent - tell me. Without input we will keep on churning out the same type of stuff until we have a warehouse full of crap that wont sell. How much will you pay for a cheap one-off t-shirt, how much would you pay for a quality t-shirt (thanks for the link Scott but £30 for a t-shirt?), do you want clocks, linen, towels? We now have access to thousands of lines but the costs have to be taken into consideration every time. It can cost around £50 to have the set-up done for printing umbrellas, but once its done its done, then there are delivery costs to the printers etc and this all adds onto the price. We want to keep the range affordable so are limiting the range.

The last comment I want to make is regards offers of help from people. I have asked numerous times for contributions from people who can help. SamF has this week revealed a talent for designing badges, t-shirts, logo's etc and has thankfully agreed to help us wherever possible. This is the type of thing that takes me days to fathom out and then only in a basic fashion. Now we have a Stanley Supporter willing and able to lend a hand so the upshot is that next season the badges and membership cards will be visually stunning, and we wont have paid an outsider a hundred pounds or more to design it for us.

What do you do for a living? Do you sell advertising space? yes, then why not give me a couple of hours a month and sell a bit of advertising space on our website when it gets back up and running. Its not that I can't, its more a question of time and priorities and not knowing what that space is worth.

Do you work in a shop? do you throw goods away that we could make use of? do you sell anything that perhaps we could and we could have access to your suppliers to buy it at the right price. Can you donate raffle prizes?

Do you own your own business? maybe you would like to sponsor some of our events or products, maybe you have an idea of how we can help you boost your business and in return boost our profile. Maybe you can give us access to cost price goods or services. Maybe you can offer an OSC discount that would possibly increase the number of Stanley visitors to your premises.

Maybe you really can't think of anything that your job can provide us with but would like to help. I need people helping with memberships next season, we do regular leaflet hand-outs and will be doing newsletters next season. These all require 5 or 6 people to ensure they are done right and every member of the crowd gets one, I dont want the same three or four (well I do but only if others are reluctant ) people to volunteer every time because they begin to feel put upon and eventually they dont do it. I need to be doing memberships this year, somebody needs to be running the 'stall' people need to be handing stuff out etc etc. Volunteer yourselves now and again. It is also a very good way to make new friends. Perhaps you have been coming for a while but dont really know anybody? Helping the OSC is a surefire way to immediately meet 15 new people and consequently many, many more. New faces can quite quickly become quite important. I want to create a database of every business/shop in Accrington and then mailshot them for assistance. But I am most certainly not walking around every street in the borough to do it. But with 20 people onboard that task shrinks considerably. We all have a few free saturdays coming up dont we?

We want to increase overall turnover of the Supporters Club to £10,000 this year, that is a massive increase on last season and we can't do it alone. If you like what the Supporters Club is trying to achieve then please, please help us. Lets become the powerful body that we should be, lets become the powerful ally the club needs, if necessary lets become the voice that cannot be ignored. The OSC as it currently stands can be ignored, it is not truly representative of the fanbase. Less than 100 members from within Accrington? 1300 regular fans? We most definitely need to get amongst 'em this year, on and off the pitch. We need to start taking back the town from those around us. Next time you go in your local shop have a look to see if they sell scratchcards, yes? BRFC or BFC? they sure as hell aint Stanley ones. Ask the owner if they would sell Stanley ones and then let me know. If the club don't provide them then I will. Ask if they'll display a matchday poster or an Social Evening poster and then download one.

There is a big piece in the Telegraph today with Eric outling his plans for the future, well thats my plan for the future. We need to be as ambitious as the club and make sure we fill the gaps that they leave. Merchandise is one way we all win. I will take enormous pleasure from seeing people walking around wearing goods that I have pushed for (and others), SamF will take enormous pleasure from seeing one of his designs being worn by people walking around ASDA, what will you take pleasure from this year?

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 04-05-2007 at 09:05.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:13   #51

I would sell my soul for one of those Coley shirts. Absolutely brilliant SamF
Old 04-05-2007, 11:52   #52

What do people think of putting a caption of some sorts on the Coley shirt ?

As in "Coleman" "King Coley" etc or just leave it blank ?

Also had the suggestion of putting Accrington Stanley F.C. underneath the main text in small letters on the "We Are They" T-shirt.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:08   #53
God Member

the Coley one I'd leave blank because it is emphatic (but 'messiah' if anything)

as far as the We are They is concerned it will carry the logo anyway so is maybe not necessary to explain who 'they' are.

We need to be wary a bit of over complicating things and making the garments look too busy.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:34   #54
Resident Waffler

'Messiah' could seem offensive to some people (not necessarily the people who may want to wear it but even people who would see someone wearing it.)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:54   #55
God Member

so could saviour or king or god or ........

sod em I say. It wouldn't be politically incorrect to do it so I personally would.
Old 04-05-2007, 13:07   #56

Playing with a few ideas.

Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 13:26   #57
God Member

looks good Mik - keep em coming there is a use for evrything.
Old 04-05-2007, 14:18   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
i think one thing you need for the merchandising this year is stanley related clothes you can wear on a day to day basis not with huge logos or cartoons but just a small logo
I agree with john , because some people are not going to wear t-shirts with a massive logo on. Maybe something simple and stylish ?? Like a ittle logo saying supporters club or something , however i like sams idea , not taking that away from him!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 14:44   #59
God Member

there WILL be a little of everything eventually. But the problem with going out style clothes is you wouldn't buy the same shirt as yer mate wouldya? and you might not buy what I would buy. And as I am at this moment the chief taster for walkers crisps then there may be a problem. But as and when we have made some money and can afford to buy things that may linger a little longer we will certainly have a range of saturday night stuff.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..