Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2017, 14:37   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Smile County Match Thread

Two sides struggling at the wrong end,poor game at the mo TBO.
Old 04-02-2017, 14:52   #2
mab
God Member

Re: County Match Thread

Rodgers good header 1 up at half time
Old 04-02-2017, 15:57   #3
God Member

Nice
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 16:05   #4
Senior Member+

Happy daze coming on ....
Old 04-02-2017, 16:14   #5
mab
God Member

Game got better as it went on Rodgers mom and boco a close second, team as a whole played well! On wards and up wards.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 04-02-2017, 16:17   #6
I am Banned

Soon as the loan lads came on we looked a different team
keep the faith and Chrisr like this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 16:28   #7

Great performance. As predicted we are now, indeed, on the verge of invincibility. Love the big lad up front. He's going to get more into the game and we are going to start knocking in loads of goals. The defensive formation really works for us.
We just need a bit more consistent bite and creativity from midfield. Hopefully Husin will give us this as I don't think Clare will.
Heroes gallery:
Harvey - he's so good at this level. Always looks dangerous when he comes forward. Good passer of the ball too.
Seamus - he's back!
Sean and Boco - basically two very classy players.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 17:14   #8
Full Member+

I have to say Donacien was brilliant when he was forward on the wing. He pumped some great balls in. the coppice end of the pitch on the main stand side was seriously slippy. The loan signees were above and beyond today. I was glad Edwards got a run out, I think there is serious competition for places in the team now and enough good players to fill the spots. I have to say Rogers was immense today. I don't know who got MOM today because I could not pick just one. the young lad who has signed on loan from Palace is deffo one to watch. We could well be on the turn for the better. I thought if anything that shay was struggling a bit. I think I was proved right when he came off. I just hope he can get fully fit again. All round it was a good team performance on a tricky surface. well done. Now about the ref and liner not seeing the keeper handling outside the area, but I don't care we won.
monkey hanger likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 17:29   #9
God Member

great refereeing decision for our second. credit where its due. excellent advantage played.
KiTChener, chevyfire and Chrisr like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 17:51   #10
God Member

can,t leave without a word on sean today. thought he was excellent all game and the best of our permanent players by far. keep it up sean.
AccyMad, KiTChener and Chrisr like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 17:57   #11

We just need a bit more consistent bite and creativity from midfield. Hopefully Husin will give us this as I don't think Clare will.rs.[/QUOTE]

Well Lord D, agreed with most of what you say BUT NOT about young Clare.

Only his second first team start and YOU are writing him off. WELL YOU'RE WRONG. He' s a great signing and will only get better. Give him a chance he' s playing in an area ( midfield) that still needs improvement. He naturally goes forward and I really like him. He just needs more game time. Noor looks good some really brilliant touches and a dream start, got in the box and a calm finish. KTF my friend....
Haggis316 and monkey hanger like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 18:02   #12

A priceless and hard won victory.
Don't know why County are struggling with their squad, as they frustrated us in the first half & came out with all guns blazing in the second.
I've seen worse teams at the Wham & I think our defence today were superb and a big reason we eventually won the game.
Harvey Rodgers was outstanding & fully deserved his 'M.O.M.' award on top of scoring a superb goal.
Our substitutions changed the game & we started to actually create attacks from midfield - at last!
New boy Husin proved any doubters wrong by scoring 13 minutes after coming on and looked really useful. As did Edwards who replaced an out-of-sorts McCartan.
Can't understand why he's been kept on the bench recently as the boys got real talent.
If we played like we did in the last 30 minutes, we'd be in automatic promotion spot.
PLEASE! Mr Coleman. Keep the same team that left the field today.
You've found the right recipe for success.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 18:13   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
We just need a bit more consistent bite and creativity from midfield. Hopefully Husin will give us this as I don't think Clare will.rs.
Well Lord D, agreed with most of what you say BUT NOT about young Clare.

Only his second first team start and YOU are writing him off. WELL YOU'RE WRONG. He' s a great signing and will only get better. Give him a chance he' s playing in an area ( midfield) that still needs improvement. He naturally goes forward and I really like him. He just needs more game time. Noor looks good some really brilliant touches and a dream start, got in the box and a calm finish. KTF my friend....[/QUOTE]

Can't Noor Husin and Sean Clare be the new Crooks and Windass in the same team?
Chrisr likes this.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 19:02   #14

My tuppence worth, agree both teams where nervy, Stanley where better in both halves as halves went on. Agree subs made a difference. Shay mccartain seem to fall over too easy without an end product (the hull city loanee with billy kee seemed a lot more affective). Apart from Shay everyone did quite well. Sean suited the move into centre midfield. It felt like we where sucking the second ball into the goal at the Clayton end with our singing. Let's now keep accumulating points (easier said than done)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 19:07   #15
Senior Member+

It was a very important three points won today!
For me Notts County were a better team than some teams that have beaten us at home earlier in the season!
I thought that we started a bit too casually in the first fifteen minutes and Omar in particular was taking far too long on the ball. However, we gradually got on top of them later in the first half and fully deserved our goal before the interval. It was a welcome sight to see a variant on the perpetually 'chipped in' corners from Sean.......the short version with Sean overlapping inside to deliver a lovely cross from a different angle was good to see. Harvey Rodgers leaped like a 'Salmon up a Stream' to head the ball in superbly! What a welcome sight it was to see the Stanley fans jumping with glee as we took a well deserved lead!
The second half was quite different as County dominated for a good thirty minutes and we scored somewhat against the run of play. It was simply great to see the ball hit the back of the net in front of a vociferous Clayton End and wonderful for the new lads to be involved too! The fans in the Clayton End were brilliant even when County were putting tremendous pressure on us in the second half and I really believe that this helped the players to dig deep and 'tough it out'. After we scored, the relief was palpable and we sang even more exuberantly in the Clayton End in urging our boys on to a great victory!
Harvey Rodgers was immense today, he fully deserved his goal but what really impresses me about him is the way he defends. He NEVER EVER takes his eye off the ball when defending against his opponent, and even when he seems to have been turned inside out his ability to 'SPIN' and get back into the 'EYEBALL' position is supreme! Then of course his timing is spot on when he puts his foot in or blocks the pass or attempted cross! It is a real pleasure to watch this boy play! MOM bang on for me!
In the first half Rommy was once again 'Mr Mobility'...up and down the field from left back to right wing......running at defenders, linking well and chasing back and getting important tackles in too. He drifted out of the game in the second half when County were dominating possession but he is the epitome of the true spirit of Accrington Stanley and during the match he dutifully waved acknowledgement of his efforts to the Stanley Faithful cheering his name in the Clayton End. 'The Don', Billy, Sean and Hughes were excellent too today.
The new lads who have arrived recently looked great today and although Stanley seemed to be a little quiet during the January' Merry go round' it looks like Coley and Jimmy have once again been very very astute in picking up some young lads on loan with so much great potential in order to help our cause in the second half of the season.
I feel on top of the world this evening and I am sure that our players do too. I hope that this result gives the team the confidence to play some great football and pull us to League Two safety and a much higher placing in the division.
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH

Last edited by choirboy; 04-02-2017 at 19:10.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..