Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2012, 09:16   #1
Senior Member+

Crewe Alex match thread................

Nice and early for a change......... I want to forget about Yesterday!!

Looking forward to this trip, cracking chippy next to the ground

Who would your Starting XI be???

Me personally..............

Murdoch
Coid
Bender...... If fit???
Winnard
Mcintyre
Joyce
Devitt
Hughes
Evans
Amond
Smith

Bench
Bavs
Willis
Murphy
Barnett
Lindfield
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2012, 09:37   #2
God Member

Re: Crewe Alex match thread................

I hope we go 4-4-2 in order to keep width that is sought for by Cook but to plug the gaps that have been so evident of late.

Murdoch
Coid Winnard Bender McIntyre
Lindfield Craney Joyce Devitt
Smith Amond

Subs: Dunbavin, Murphy, Hughes, Barnett, Carver

That line up is set providing that Coid, Craney and Bender are fit, of course. Hopefully they will be.* Send Nsiala and Evans back to their parent clubs as we have more useful options here. It's a shame for Bavs as I don't think he's done a whole lot wrong, but with the amount of goals shipped of late it's only fair to give Murdoch a chance. Hughes didn't look fit yesterday, perhaps he's in need of a rest. Tactically, keep the bank of four at the back fairly static as Crewe are difficult up front. Allow Joyce to break up the play and Craney to instigate it. Wingers to swap and move but primarily to work the touchlines. Smith and Amond to get into the right areas, cause the centre-halves problems and be selfish with chances.

That's just my view after yesterday's implosion.

*If not, Murphy for Coid, Willis for Bender, Barnett for Craney.

Last edited by shakermaker; 19-02-2012 at 09:40.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 09:52   #3
Senior Member+

Cant see how any of them need a rest to be honest, they have hardly played for two weeks.

Hughes was our best player in Dec & Jan, play him for an hour then take him off would be better.

As for Craney............. Injured again, will be lucky to even make the bench I think.

Lindfield didnt look fit either yesterday for me.
Old 19-02-2012, 10:00   #4
God Member

To be fair, Lindfield is in the process of regaining his match fitness. Playing 90mins yesterday would've helped him. His work rate was as high as ever, I think he should be fine for Tuesday. For me he's a starter. With regards to Hughesy, nothing came off for him yesterday at all. If Craney is fit, he should start ahead of Hughes in my opinion, for the same reason that Murdoch starts ahead of Bavs: Fair competition.

We'll have to wait and see what Cooky does.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 11:08   #5
God Member

Not a time for carrying passengers as a quick look at the table will show top six places are moving away from us seventh is still within our grasp but we need to be fielding our strongest starting eleven as well as the bench being full of options to change the shape if needed.

I understand fully that it is a transitional period for the Club, Management & players but I also think some of the football we have played up until recently was every bit as good as last season and there is no reason to think that with the right mix we can't go one better than last season.

All sides will suffer a blip let's hope ours is now behind us.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 12:59   #6
Senior Member+

I think one of the problems,like at Rotherham ,is we just are not showing for or holding the ball up front and the reluctance then to run beyond them.Young smith is now on a fast learning curve,and I would go with podge,as he has better movement ,with devitt starting along with Coidy , maybe getting murph in the middle to add a bit of steel
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 13:07   #7

I'm traveling a few thousand kilometers so they better win that game!
Old 19-02-2012, 13:43   #8

As with Saturday this is two of footballs best names going head to head. None of this "Town" "United" or "Rovers" rubbish. Alexandra v Stanley right after Stanley v Argyle.
Old 20-02-2012, 16:58   #9
Senior Member+

Agreed Al!
Old 20-02-2012, 19:22   #10
Senior Member+

Tom Bender is a "doubt"................ Aka He aint fit

Willis plays for me

Hatfield onto the bench.
Old 20-02-2012, 19:59   #11
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Spoke to Ian Craney on saturday,hes out for up to 10days and Sean Hessey out for a month Strange one that smudgie ie Hatfield is he injured as well,he didn't make the bench on saturday
Old 20-02-2012, 20:17   #12
Senior Member+

Can't understand how we get so many injuries,considering our bowling green training pitches
Old 20-02-2012, 20:33   #13
Senior Member+

Although toto had a bit of a mare on Saturday,he played well against burton and Rotherham,so I would stick with him,just needs to be more focused IMHO
Old 20-02-2012, 20:45   #14
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Although toto had a bit of a mare on Saturday,he played well against burton and Rotherham,so I would stick with him,just needs to be more focused IMHO
Sorry f19 toto in't up to it imho,although it did look like he was held back (fouled) leading up to the opening goal.
Old 21-02-2012, 06:25   #15
Senior Member+

No wonder we got beat by plymouth,just watched the soccer am style video on the fishy site,we couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo ,hope our passing improves tonight !!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..