Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2010, 14:01   #1

crowds up

Football League attendances changed rank

stanley at number 26!!
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2010, 14:29   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: crowds up

Quote:
Originally Posted by glosterred View Post
funny thing statistics - Stanley 26, Man Utd. 329.
Old 19-02-2010, 14:40   #3
God Member

Interesting info!

Top three all promoted teams to the Premiership, most of the teams where the attendances are up are having success of some kind at the moment.

Stanley's position though looking good and showing an upward trend, It should not be forgotton that it does include the Friday games gates against Darlo & Crewe where other fans came out to support us during the SOS Campaign

As I keep banging on about Football has to re-connect with the communities and arm chair fans and find a way to bring people in.

I would love Accy to lead the way on this and the ASFC REDZ was a great start as were the Early Bird Season Ticket prices but these things have to be followed up.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 14:50   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Interesting info!

Top three all promoted teams to the Premiership, most of the teams where the attendances are up are having success of some kind at the moment.

Stanley's position though looking good and showing an upward trend, It should not be forgotton that it does include the Friday games gates against Darlo & Crewe where other fans came out to support us during the SOS Campaign

As I keep banging on about Football has to re-connect with the communities and arm chair fans and find a way to bring people in.

I would love Accy to lead the way on this and the ASFC REDZ was a great start as were the Early Bird Season Ticket prices but these things have to be followed up.
fact of life, whilst the extras did come out to support us during the SOS, Sucess does put bums on seats on any ground, agree totally pendle red, Stanley must capitalise on our position this season, cos sucess every season just does not happen fer any club.
Old 19-02-2010, 15:06   #5
God Member

Smile Re: crowds up

1990 is the figure quoted, 1781 is the figure, if you ignore the S.O.S. games, that is still an increase of 367 so far this season, granted we have played Bury and Morecambe, but we still have not played Bradford or Rochdale, so all in all, things are on the up - aren't they????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 16:14   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
1990 is the figure quoted, 1781 is the figure, if you ignore the S.O.S. games, that is still an increase of 367 so far this season, granted we have played Bury and Morecambe, but we still have not played Bradford or Rochdale, so all in all, things are on the up - aren't they????
Morecambe should have brought more... And as well as bradford and dale there is also notts county at home and chesterfield, and with that being last home game they could bring near 1000 like they did on same game last season

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 18:27   #7
God Member

Notts County and Chesterfield will be as they are, I was just meaning that at the moment we have had 2 big crowds and have still 2 to come!!! Spireites crowd was 1795 last season.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 17:50   #8
Senior Member+

3,396 must have been a big boost after today's match with Bradford. Just out of interest, taking out the SOS, JPT, FA Cup games, then the current average for the club is about 2072. Pretty amazing considering what we used to get under Mr (we pay in washers) Whalley. Think the Notts County game will be interesting looking at where we both are in the league, Chesterfield the same, all depends on where each team is in the league. My hope is that we get the double on Rochdale though.

Looking at the link, even our away attendances are higher than some other League 2 teams and they have risen by over 600 in the last 12 months. The new team must be getting something right. BTW we are 80th on the away table.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 20-02-2010 at 18:00. Reason: addition
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..