Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2004, 20:13   #1
Senior Member+

Dagenham

A very disappointing result against Dagenham today and one which should never have been.

Two defensive errors and a whole host of missed chances cost us 3 points today. I bet the Daggers couldn't believe their luck!

Match report has been on the official site for a couple of hours now, but I still can't believe the result.
Old 18-12-2004, 20:20   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Dagenham

'Funny old game' is what Cookey said after the game and that sums it all up.

I cant believe how well we played today, our football was fantastic at time and our build up play is brilliant but we cant finish that is our problem.

The first half was fantastic we dominated everything but at the end of the half we had nothing to show from it. The second half we were CRAP.

If someone had said to me at half time that Dagenham would pf won the game 3-0 I would of hit them with my pitchfork the result was unbelievable.

To top it all off Mullers is injured and it doesn't look good maybe a broken foot by the way he was limping at telling us in the changing room after the game
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2004, 20:21   #3
Full Member+

Unhappy Re: Dagenham

Yep, another poor performance from Jekyll and Hyde Stanley this afternoon. First half we had all the possession and after their first goal we went to pieces. I don`t understand why we are so goal shy...lacking in confidence perhaps. Fair play to the Daggers, especially their defence which dealt with everything that was thrown into the box and Roberts who pulled off a few great saves, though it pains me to admit it. Still in sixth position though....but I`m not sure how
Old 18-12-2004, 20:24   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick
Still in sixth position though....but I`m not sure how
Without wishing to sound too pessimistic, if the teams below us win just one of their two games in hand, we'll be down to about 14th in the table.

To be honest, though, we don't really deserve to be any higher than that considering how we've played this season.
Old 18-12-2004, 20:35   #5
Senior Member+

Were not playing bad at the moment we just can't finish
Old 18-12-2004, 20:58   #6

Red face Re: Dagenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick
...lacking in confidence perhaps.
How can we be laking in confidence last week we won 6-0 and in the mid-week friendly we also won with evil hiting four and i have to admit that today evil might as well have not turned up like i said a a fortnight ago after the loss to Carlise we are not willing to just whack the ball we have to be pretty and pass it into the net. we have nobody who will chuck them selves onto the ball to put it over the line

Baed news about mullin we have no chance of Scoring now!!!! Get better soon mully we need u

I hope we can turn this around for the halifax game after christmas

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to everybody
Old 18-12-2004, 21:30   #7

First half we could have easliy been 2 or 3 up at half time but it is not the first time they have created changes, not taken them and then give away soft goals. the current form is more relgation form not play off form.
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2004, 22:36   #8
Senior Member+

a win 6-0 away from home is relegation form????

Ok then
Old 18-12-2004, 23:01   #9

It is against Leigh hehehehe Apart from Rory who we have missed we don't look that dangerous going forward,who ever takes a man on ?? Craney and Rory thats it Evil pushes a few out the way but doesn't have the pace to leave them,Mullin is a good target man and he does a good job but without support around him he's wasted.When we go a goal up were a different team its all down to confidence I think, we really need an early goal against most teams the longer the game goes on the less likely we seem to be able to finish a team off !!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2004, 09:27   #10
Senior Member+

I think we need a 'Lutel' kind of player tp play up with Mullers someone who has got the speed and pace to run onto Mullers knock on's, Against pacey defenders we have no chance......

Hope Wozniak is this type of player
Old 19-12-2004, 10:31   #11

Hopefully Mullers injury can give coleman the opportunity to try out some new options. Lets see what Tuck or Hindle can do.
Old 19-12-2004, 11:29   #12
Senior Member+

When I commented on the 'way we've been palying', I was referring more to the inconsistancy than the actual quality of our play.

Yesterday the quality of some of the play was as good as I've seen anywhere this season, but the lack of finishing power is costing us week-in, week-out.

Paul Mullin is a legend at the Stanley, but maybe his injury will allow JC the opportunity to try new faces in the striking role?

I wonder if there's anything in the piggybank to bring in a new face?
Old 19-12-2004, 12:28   #13

down south watching the scores come up on the bax, I was wondering what the cotton-picking blazes was going down at the interlink. Thanks for your report TM. Can't we surreptitiousy paint targets on the hoardings behind the goals ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2004, 12:42   #14

Jason that might be a good idea for a new flag what do you think and then hold them behing the goals

hehehehe
Old 19-12-2004, 13:31   #15
Senior Member+

I think if Mullers' injury is as bad as it looked yesterday we will need to bring in a new face for the striking role, Evil can play up yes but he's not the player who can hold the ball up and Damo and Tucker aren't either and they lack experience....

Maybe another loan signing?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..