Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2009, 15:08   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Daggers Match Thread

Well thats two shots cleared off the line now. Its starting to like one of those days!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2009, 15:17   #17
Senior Member+

apparently Bavs as just made a save with his backside!!! He trapped the ball under his bum!!
Old 14-11-2009, 15:22   #18
Senior Member+

McConville on for Ryan...
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 15:36   #19
Senior Member+

Gary King on for John Miles
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 15:38   #20
Senior Member+

well we've had the ball in the back of the net, but we were judged to be offside. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Old 14-11-2009, 15:51   #21

Full time then. Not what I was looking for at home after our recent run.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 15:53   #22
Senior Member+

Oh well ......

All over them in the second half too, going off the BBC text and stats. Roll on Bradford.

On Stanley On ....
Old 14-11-2009, 16:29   #23

We need to be able to pass the ball, we were all over them with hit 'n' hopes. Definite penalty on Edwards not given however we should've scored at least 3.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 16:33   #24

just got in from game ryan should never have come off for that piece off crap .we were run then in to the ground down that side . ref crap.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 16:34   #25

Yes slightly disappointing, a draw would have been a fairer result,Miles needs to improve on his corner kicks, but was unfortunate in the first with a good shot. Grant could have scored but hey, we cant win every home game. Roberts was his usual entertaining self and made a good save in the second half
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 16:47   #26
God Member

Stanley's back line was superb today, I thought. The midfield was not. Up front we were unlucky, with two cleared off the line and one shot subjected to a magnificent save from Tony Roberts. On another day it could've been a very different result. Hard luck Reds.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 16:50   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
just got in from game ryan should never have come off for that piece off crap .we were run then in to the ground down that side . ref crap.
You're right Grimps. Ryan was always making things happen down the right, but Mconville just lumped the ball forward at every opportunity - a big disappointment. I was hoping for a substitution or two but Miles wasn't producing much and his corners were poor today, unlike the two delivered at pace by Dagenham which resulted in their goal, and he should have been hauled off earlier for King. Plenty of effort from the lads but not much craft, and our full backs couldn't pass the ball for toffee.
Dagenham defended very well, though.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 16:51   #28
Senior Member+

very disappointing and very poor game from both sides.

how they are top of the table i have no idea.

Team looked very tired today in my opinion.

Miles again, NOT good enough. Hes just not fit if u ask me and Gary King was brought on way to late.

Roll on next saturday, i NEED to forget that game.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 17:06   #29
God Member

It was a disappointing result, credit to Daggers they hit well on the break with numbers going forward something we do struggle to cope with, I think a point overall would have been a fair result.

Phil's penalty appeal sorry folks I was right in line with it and he took a tumble had he kept on his feet he could have lobbed Roberts, that is something that as been eating away at me all season we as a Team do seem to go down easy sometimes with minimal contact?

Maybe the number of games played and use of minimal players in the squad is having an effect on overall fitness?

But the upshot is we did more than enough to have got something from the game and on another day we would have got that but that's footy for you

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 17:46   #30
Senior Member+

you could see today why they are top of the league and dont conceed many goals,they worked there socks off and won the midfield battle,As soon as they lost posession they quickly got goal side and made it difficult to break them down.The weather and pitch conditions favoured there style of football,but acci to there credit kept plugging away.A draw would have been a fair result and grant missed a sitter in the second half.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..