Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2009, 22:27   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Darlington Enter Administration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Whilst we may not need the seats, we have to have them by league rules, which the club knew about 3 years ago when we got promoted, and personally I would rather watch this club in league 2 than the BSP.
true ozzy, nobody wants em but a necessary evil, if some still say they still dont know "WHY" they should not be out without their carer.
Old 27-02-2009, 07:41   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Whilst we may not need the seats, we have to have them by league rules, which the club knew about 3 years ago when we got promoted, and personally I would rather watch this club in league 2 than the BSP.
Thats my frustration,League rules, yet when there are a lot of clubs in financial difficulty,going into administration,we run a tight ship and to spend on seats that may not get sat on,seems ludicrous.It would be nice if the clubs who balance the books get a few points added on,to discourage the spend spend money they haven't got,screw the creditors take the points deduction and carry on.Take Leeds for example,owed the taxman £600k settled at a fraction of that,then announce profit of £4.5m,no mention of repaying,'Its a different company'...........
Old 27-02-2009, 09:27   #18
God Member

Question Re: Darlington Enter Administration

Wonder if there will be any other points deductions for next season As I think there has been for other teams in the past (Rotherham) ????? Or have they been for seperate incidents...........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 15:27   #19
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

NewsNow: Loading story...
Old 30-12-2011, 15:28   #20
God Member

Unhappy Re: Darlington Enter Administration

Looks like history repeating itself for a third time

Never good news for any footy FAN..............

BBC Sport - Darlington chairman Raj Singh "assessing club position"

Old 10-01-2012, 21:08   #21
Full Member+

BBC Sport - Darlington could fold by weekend, say administrators

Looks it will take an 11 and 3/4 hour bid to save the club from death
Old 10-01-2012, 23:37   #22

I saw Darlo recently. They are saddled with a 20,000+ stadium that wouldn't be out of place in the Championship. God knows how much it costs to maintain. They've no chance of breaking even in League 2, let alone the Conference.

Something to bear in mind when a certain other club thinks of relocating?
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 17:12   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
I saw Darlo recently. They are saddled with a 20,000+ stadium that wouldn't be out of place in the Championship. God knows how much it costs to maintain. They've no chance of breaking even in League 2, let alone the Conference.

Something to bear in mind when a certain other club thinks of relocating?
Whilst I can understand what you are saying about Darlington, I cannot see Mr Khan building a white elephant for Accy IF that is who you are referring to. The maximum size for the new ground will probably be slightly larger than what we are now playing with (approx 6,000 is my guess) with the ability to enlarge if (or should that be when) we get promotion. What Ilyas is looking at is the other facilities that can be built into the stadium complex such as a hotel/sports and athletics centre etc. There is absolutely no chance of us getting anything like the arena in Darlington for a while yet.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 17:31   #24
Senior Member+

Well said Ozzy.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 18:20   #25
Full Member+

Donations welcome if you want to

You are my Darlo! Blog Home

Middlesborough have allowed Darlo fans to do bucket collections before there home game v Burnley at the Riverside Stadium. Anyone on here who is on Burnley forums could you pass the message on.

I know this thread isn't to do with ASFC and should probably be in the Sports section, but we all know what the Darlo fans are goin through at the moment and the feeling of uncertainty that surround there club.
Old 13-01-2012, 13:22   #26
God Member

Spot on and it might be nice for somebody from our club to try and organise a collection, as they helped us out on our Friday night S.O.S. night - just a thought - I know I would chuck a few quid in to repay their help!!

Old 13-01-2012, 13:39   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Spot on and it might be nice for somebody from our club to try and organise a collection, as they helped us out on our Friday night S.O.S. night - just a thought - I know I would chuck a few quid in to repay their help!!
Agree its a crap situation fer any set of fans as we know too well.
Old 18-01-2012, 20:59   #28

End of the line and then a temporary reprieve.

BBC SPORT | Football | Non League

Hopefully the breathing space this offers will be put to good use.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 21:46   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

BBC News - Northwich Victoria left 'homeless' by ground sale looks very bad fer these lads also established in 1874.
Old 25-05-2012, 17:20   #30
God Member

Unhappy Re: Darlington Enter Administration

Just seen on S.S.N. Darlo relegated FOUR Leagues, think that now puts them six away from F.L. Footy, but still with a team............

As some of us know, cannot be easy for the FANs - who are probably not to blame!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..