Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 08:26   #16

Thumbs down Re: daylight robbery :(

maybe the food vans are saving up to bye use some players with there new prices was a rip off
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2008, 08:34   #17
Resting in Peace

Re: daylight robbery :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDHAMADE View Post
Hollands 2 for £1-30 at Morrisons (used to be a quid) so one in either inside pocket should see you have a warm hearty feast come half time
yep but the gravy don't half drip through your pockets
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:16   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrikaaner View Post
And here's me thinking they'ed hung dick turpin,turns out he's alive and well and still committing highway robbery.best solution don't buy from them and see how quickly they bring down their prices.

ACCY TILL I DIE AND THEN SOME.......
I agree, perhaps a boycott would work, however it would be very difficult to organise, and in all honesty probably immposible! However I shall continue my one man campaign for the rest of the season..............come the revolution Brothers and Sisters!!!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:39   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
maybe the food vans are saving up to bye use some players with there new prices was a rip off
Or maybe they plan to use the extra monies to fund the "new all-seated stand" (thats needs to be ready for May 1st 2009)
Blackburn Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:58   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I agree, perhaps a boycott would work, however it would be very difficult to organise, and in all honesty probably immposible! However I shall continue my one man campaign for the rest of the season..............come the revolution Brothers and Sisters!!!!
I'm right with you Cowboy!!..although I think there are
more sinister strategies afoot !!...Is it paranoid of me to suggest that the Football Fan's traditional feast of Pie and peas at Half-Time is under fire from some Poltical agenda?...Could this be the very last straw, as far as 'The Credit Crunch' hitting the pocket of the Working Classes is concerned ??...or are my fears just Pie-in- the Sky ?..( With Mushy Peyz of course!)
Whatever the answer...I don't think that a revolution will be necessary...Fans just WILL NOT fork out the exorbitant prices displayed at present on the walls of the Refreshment Purveyors Trailer !!....Particularly those on th'owd age penshun'..
However, I dare bet that as whatever is said and written about this matter, the prices will be just the same at the last Home game of the Season !!..Have you ever seen them come down ???.

Alfred.E. says 'Keep the Music flowin' .

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 13:18   #21
Senior Member+

The football experience is only around 2 hours long and I'd think that all of us can survive that long without eating and drinking. Otherwise, bring your own stuff.
Old 10-08-2008, 13:30   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
The football experience is only around 2 hours long and I'd think that all of us can survive that long without eating and drinking. Otherwise, bring your own stuff.
Sounds like you've got the same dietary restrictions as myself TM !!...No eating between meals!!..BUT couldn't you just murder a pie at times ?...(Especially on a cold January afternoon with falling sleet..and 'the Reds' two down at half-time, and Comfort needed !)...
Remember those dishes of 'Looas an' Peyz' at 6d a time?.One of my favourite memories of Peel Park!...
Ah Well..................!

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 13:54   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn Stanley View Post
Or maybe they plan to use the extra monies to fund the "new all-seated stand" (thats needs to be ready for May 1st 2009)
In all honesty BS, if I thought for one moment that any of the price hikes I'd noticed were going to the club, then I would not have started this thread..............however I think we can be pretty sure that ASFC are seeing nowt from the vans except from the weekly rental.

Yonmon, you are of course right when you say that the prices will be the same come the end of the season, and no doubt the chap who owns the vans will blame the 'credit crunch', however if His attitude is the same as the woman I asked to justify the increase behind the Clayton End yesterday, then there really is no hope!!..........transcript of conversation follows:-

ME:- Hiya, coffee please

Woman in Van (WIV):- Ok...............pours coffee.........thats £1.50

ME:- How much!!?

WIV:- £1.50

Me:- Thats extotionate! a fifty percent increase from last season. How do you justify that?

WIV:- Erm, well thats what the price is now.

ME:- Well Im not paying £1.50 for a cup of coffee, thats just a rip off!

WIV:- Well thats the price, take it or leave it...........

ME:- I'll leave it thanks................Walks away

WIV:- Who's going to pay to pay for this one now!!!?

ME:- (now rather angry!) I suggest that you do, or throw it away!!!

WIV:- mutters something under breath as I walk on!!

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 10-08-2008, 14:26   #24

Iv'e felt for some time now that the club has forgotton it's loyal fans ?? it appears that they want all but will give you nothing back in return !!! this is a club who's Google Page Ranking Reputation with it's fans is shattered with the exception of Southern Red and TL-TV, So whats all that to do with the price of pies ?? surely the club who have recently signed a new deal with caterers have an agreement on costings ??? in short dont rip off our loyal fan base

On the subject of poor Google Page Ranking "another new kit" 3 in 3 FL seasons !!! Mr Whalley your forgetting the most important people at ANY football club... IT'S FANS !!!

Football is a buisness No customers no club or factory or shop or industry etc... it's all the same.

Good luck in your new role Dave i'm sure you will do well.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 15:43   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
In all honesty BS, if I thought for one moment that any of the price hikes I'd noticed were going to the club, then I would not have started this thread..............
I'm glad you did though, it's saved the WIV having the same conversation with me.

How much would a Cappuccino be?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 16:10   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us the old gree View Post
another new kit 3 in 3 FL seasons
I've only seen two on sale since we got in the league?????
Old 10-08-2008, 16:28   #27
God Member

Ok, Ive just returned from Padiham FC's ground after taking Sparkie and Emily up to watch Blackburn Rovers Ladies Vs Newcastle Ladies in a cup match (Rovers were leading 4-1 when we left), and decided to do a comparison with the food prices at Stanley...........please remember though that at Padiham the food outlet is run by volunteers at the club and not a commercial operator, none the less it begs the question!

Seak Pie Peas and Gravy (in a DEEP dish).........£1.50
Meat and Potato Pie and Gravy ( DEEP dish).....£1.00
LARGE mug of Coffee....................................£0.70
LARGE mug of Tea.......................................£0.60
Service with a SMILE...................................£0.00
Total Spent................................................£3.80

I have to admit that the quality of the food/drink was v good as well.

Now, the same amount of money that fed and watered two adults ( I use the word adult tongue in cheek ) at Padiham would have bought a cheese burger (£3.00) and just over 1/2 a cup of coffee or 80% of a cup of tea at Stanley yesterday.

Ok so Padiham may not have the overheads that the Vans on Stanley do, but it still makes you think huh?

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 10-08-2008, 16:57   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
I'm glad you did though, it's saved the WIV having the same conversation with me.

How much would a Cappuccino be?
I have absolutely no idea Oggy, however I can put you intouch with an excellent Financial Advisor who can arrange a loan for you at very reasonable interest rates should you wish to enquire at the next home game!

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 10-08-2008, 17:48   #29
Senior Member+

you dont have to buy food and drink its an option.
bring your own if your not happy.

this is a bit petty.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 17:52   #30
Senior Member+

maybe you should all boycott the vans, sure the price would come back down?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012

Last edited by emamum; 10-08-2008 at 17:53. Reason: exhaustion...
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..