Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree99Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2015, 15:54   #1

Disgrace

I feel it is a disgrace that the Bury game has been postponed today as it resulted in Accrington having 2 home games in a row postponed which is a disgrace, it is now very essential that the next home game against Northampton on the 31st goes ahead because if it didn't Accrington would then have 3 home games in a row postponed which would be a disgrace big time as I certainly don't like to see 3 home games in a row postponed.
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-01-2015, 15:55   #2

Disgrace

Been at the pub mate?

The weather can't be helped you could play water polo in the pitch as it stands.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 15:57   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Disgrace

I think yeh maybe right SamF, its one of the daftest posts ive seen n ive seen a few.
Outback Ozzy and smobile like this.
Old 09-01-2015, 15:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Been at the pub mate?

The weather can't be helped you could play water polo in the pitch as it stands.
I know the weather can't be helped but covers should have been placed on the pitch to stop it getting like it is
Old 09-01-2015, 15:59   #5

Maybe you'd like to pay for them!
smobile likes this.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 15:59   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
I feel it is a disgrace that the Bury game has been postponed today as it resulted in Accrington having 2 home games in a row postponed which is a disgrace, it is now very essential that the next home game against Northampton on the 31st goes ahead because if it didn't Accrington would then have 3 home games in a row postponed which would be a disgrace big time as I certainly don't like to see 3 home games in a row postponed.
Have you been on the scrumpy mate I went up at 4-o,clock and could have swam across the pitch, we as a club need this like a hole in the head so shadup.
KiTChener likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 15:59   #7

Quote:
I know the weather can't be helped but covers should have been placed on the pitch to stop it getting like it is
Then what do you do with the water that accumulates on top of the covers when it comes to removing the covers from on top of the pitch?
KiTChener likes this.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 16:01   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Have you been on the scrumpy mate I went up at 4-o,clock and could have swam across the pitch, we as a club need this like a hole in the head so shadup.
I haven't been on the scrumpy at all, I just think that two home games in a row being postponed is a disgrace.
Old 09-01-2015, 16:02   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
Maybe you'd like to pay for them!

I can't afford to
Old 09-01-2015, 16:02   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington View Post
Then what do you do with the water that accumulates on top of the covers when it comes to removing the covers from on top of the pitch?
Carefully remove them without getting water on the pitch
Old 09-01-2015, 16:04   #11

Quote:
I haven't been on the scrumpy at all, I just think that two home games in a row being postponed is a disgrace.
You're giving off the impression that you think the club controls the weather. It doesn't.

Take a look at how much rain fell this afternoon - how is a League Two pitch, even one which is as good and well looked after as Stanley's, meant to cope with that?

After last season's debacle when it was called off at 2.30pm with a 3.00pm kick-off, I think we should be grateful that the decision has been made early to prevent the majority of both sets of supporters from travelling and wasting their time.
Old 09-01-2015, 16:08   #12

I would think I have more reason to complain than most as I have travelled down for both spending quite a few pounds and wasting hours. Luckily I only got to Preston and am heading home after paying another thirty pounds rather than wait for my bus at ten past one. However I'm not because I knew the risk. We can't afford undersoil heating or expensive drainage or covers because this is league 2 not the premiership. Days gone by this happened to most teams but money only reaches the top clubs.

This will be hurting the club more than anyone because bills still have to be paid.

I'm annoyed but I know the club did their best so that's life. Now time to plan tranmere next week because Wimbledon is already sorted
AccyMad likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 16:09   #13

Stupid smart phone

Last edited by deeayess; 09-01-2015 at 16:11. Reason: double post
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 16:10   #14

Quote:
Almost impossible to do.

Go to the club site and look at how much standing water there is on the pitch. Now, imagine that on top of the covers. You'd do well to move the covers without the water spilling onto the pitch.

I'm sure that Buzzer will have tried his hardest to get the game on but he's a one-man team and can only do so much. I'm not sure what you expect him or the club to do when you get a monsoon throwing 10mm of water onto the pitch in the space of about three hours.

League One and Championship pitches would have struggled to cope with that, never mind Stanley's.
Greeny likes this.
Old 09-01-2015, 16:19   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
I have been to the ground several times today.....and at 3.30 pm the game would have been still been on...that just shows what a great effort Buzzer has made...if you haven't been on the scrumpy you might as well be as you are obviously already brain dead.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..