Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2005, 20:21   #1

Do I Keep My Gob Shut ?

At last saturdays game, myself and the other Stanley supporters sat around me noticed summat different, the floodlights where turning inwards, being blown about by last weeks gales. SO, what did i do, but have a word with Coley, he, not noticing any difference, said ' thanx Denise' i will mention it to the 4th official. Come half time, officials from Stanley came over and thanked me for noticing the floodlights, and they had put the emergancy lights on, as not to abandon the game.

some 'supporters' slagged me off , saying that if no extra light was found, the game would be abandoned., then what would i do ?, It would have been different had the game gone against us.

Anyway after all that warbling, Stanley, have had the Fire Brigade out this week, just to turn the lights the right way, so really you should ALL be thanking me, before Stanley got fined.
Old 14-01-2005, 20:25   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Do I Keep My Gob Shut ?

hehehe myself and the other assistant groundsman noticed this Saturday morning before the match at 10 am then told Eric, Mick etc......

It was mentioned to Coley before the game ......and the officials
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 20:26   #3
Senior Member+

AND we don't have any emergency lights the same lights were on throughout the game
Old 14-01-2005, 20:31   #4

Over to you Denise hehehehehe
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 20:34   #5
Senior Member+

Awww... Smiffy you've just spoilt Denise's little dream.
Old 14-01-2005, 20:53   #6
Senior Member+

bit harsh tin monkey we all need dreams

half way through the first half jimmy was selling tickets for the new stanley sunbed at the end of the scattin shed

loweiy
Old 14-01-2005, 21:02   #7

ha, ha, ha, this wont spoil my little dream, might have done, but i was the only 'little girlie', to come forward and open my mouth, maybe you should have done the same. But of course, you lot 'notice things' but dont come forward. Thats why you lot never get anywhere, always the ' should have done '. never the did ????

So, if what you said was true, how come Coley never knew, [health and safety ] or like i said before, 'should have sorted it' ---------------- never did ?
Old 14-01-2005, 21:11   #8
Senior Member+

Coley was informed before kick off

And now it is all sorted
Old 14-01-2005, 21:25   #9

hey denise nice job spotting the lighting
Old 14-01-2005, 21:26   #10

coleman knew nothing mate! thats what he said to denise
Old 14-01-2005, 21:38   #11
Senior Member+

Well just to throw some more light on it!

Graham Charnley told all present at the Supporters Club meeting that they knew well in advance & kept it quiet on purpose!

But, Denise why are we not getting anywhere.......................................... ......

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 21:47   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise
Do I Keep My Gob Shut ?
Is this a rhetorical question?
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2005, 00:09   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
so really you should ALL be thanking me, before Stanley got fined.
erm.....................thanks

Anybody else, though, more worthwhile for thanks, how about the OSC commitee, the bloke that ran the coach for 2 years, the programme sellers, tickets sellers, the away travellers who spend hundreds following Stanley, the camera man/website man....... maybe they could all come online one at a time & ask for thanks so that in turn we can all thank them individually.............

(I was being sarcastic , again thanks & well done!)

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 15-01-2005, 00:13   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
At last saturdays game, myself and the other Stanley supporters sat around me noticed summat different, the floodlights where turning inwards, being blown about by last weeks gales. SO, what did i do, but have a word with Coley, he, not noticing any difference, said ' thanx Denise' i will mention it to the 4th official. Come half time, officials from Stanley came over and thanked me for noticing the floodlights, and they had put the emergancy lights on, as not to abandon the game.

some 'supporters' slagged me off , saying that if no extra light was found, the game would be abandoned., then what would i do ?, It would have been different had the game gone against us.

Anyway after all that warbling, Stanley, have had the Fire Brigade out this week, just to turn the lights the right way, so really you should ALL be thanking me, before Stanley got fined.
Sorry not wanting to pick on Denise (but it was your post to a public forum!) the first bit ounds like that teenager on Little Britain "Yeah but no but yeah but Coley says about the light 'thanx Denise' but I said he said"

Funny....it is with Stella for blood!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 15-01-2005, 00:24   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thats why you lot never get anywhere, always the ' should have done '. never the did ????

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..