Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 18:33   #1

Doc, Welchy and Mauro leaving!!!

Not to fussed about Sean, and I had a feeling Almedia was the next N'Da. But Welchy!!!! I heard he wasnt too happy with bench warming but I would never have predicted his departure!!!

Oh well. At least we've got our new teen sensation Bobby Grant!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 18:38   #2
God Member

Re: Doc, Welchy and Mauro leaving!!!

Where did you score this from?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 18:39   #3
God Member

Sorry,just checked 'fishy' site.Didn't think they worked Sundays...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 18:39   #4

Fishy site. Christ, did I just say I heard some news first on the fishy site!!!I may have to save this page!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 18:40   #5

Sad to see Welchy go...Good luck Michael wherever you go,
Its been a pleasure watching you play at Stanley
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 18:41   #6

Just dont come back to Accy with a different team and score from 40 yards.

He'll always be big,
He'll always be hard,
And we'll always remember he scored from 40 yards!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 18:43   #7
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Sorry,just checked 'fishy' site.Didn't think they worked Sundays...
Kipax has been very busy today snapping the runners in the Hambledon Hill race and updating the fishy site.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 06-05-2007 at 18:45.
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 18:51   #8
God Member

not surprised at any of em really,

Sean will doubtless ever realise his talent now, its a shame for thelad but once your confidence has gone like his you will probably never make a tackle in anger again.

Mauro - surprised the lad never got a chance. Can only assume he's on big wages cos from what I have seen of him he looks good enough, and we may not keep hold of Godwin.

Welchy - Michael probably aint willing to be a squad player. He has shown in certain games that he is a class act. I wasnt there yesterday but listening to Dan it was like he had a point to prove for the entire game. Unfortunately (IMHO only) he hasn't got the pace for this level and this shows sometimes as clumsyness, Rochdale springs to mind. What a guy though, he is one of those that you deffo want in the trenches with you and he is a good laugh. Crap at darts though eh Welchy? Who is gonna take over the fist clenching towards the fans now?
Old 06-05-2007, 19:22   #9

So does this mean Mangan will be staying? Nothing against him but i honestly thought he would have been out this summer. Sad to see Welch go as im sure are many. I feel Sean's season would have been so differnt had he been fit all season, but this is footbal and wish them all the best for the future. Never seen the other lad play so cant really comment but i have been told he was ok shame he never got a chance. But as usual no one can replace the secret love childof JC in defense. Lets hope the season long loan deal for Antwi happens. Also goalies for next season? Dunbavin and Ferron? Cant see David Martain returning
grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 20:04   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch View Post
cant see David Martain returning

I suppose it depends on Jerzy Dudek. With Pepe Reina and Scott Carson (returnign from loan) Martin could be either no 3 or no 4 depending whether the Pole stops on a bit longer. I hope he stays, can't have the Polish affecting us!
Old 06-05-2007, 20:08   #11
God Member

Good luck for the future to all the lads leaving our shores (or pitch)

Sad to see welchy go and will never get that chance to ruffle sean's hair..... as for almeida ...who?? never really got a look in!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 20:19   #12

Shame to see `em go. But good luck lads.
Think Welchy will be missed most cos he was a fans favourite.
Mauro looked decent but got his nose pushed out by God lets hope we can get him back for next season.
Fishy site says only Rommy, Mullers, Whalley and Grant have contracts, I think JC should right now be plying Andy Todd with drink drugs and prostitutes to secure his services for next year. Leighton McGivern too.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 20:25   #13
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch View Post
So does this mean Mangan will be staying? Nothing against him but i honestly thought he would have been out this summer. Sad to see Welch go as im sure are many. I feel Sean's season would have been so differnt had he been fit all season, but this is footbal and wish them all the best for the future. Never seen the other lad play so cant really comment but i have been told he was ok shame he never got a chance. But as usual no one can replace the secret love childof JC in defense. Lets hope the season long loan deal for Antwi happens. Also goalies for next season? Dunbavin and Ferron? Cant see David Martain returning
welchy will se deverstated he played really well yesterday and as for the rochdale game there were 11 on the pitch.. as for David Martin HE WANTS TO COME BACK AND PLAY FOR THE STANLEY but its down to liverpool
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 20:40   #14

David may want to come back and play us, but i know liverpool want him tested higher up the English league, so it depends who else tryies to take him on loan and how deep are relationship with Liverpool is. Who do they have on there books? Pepe reina, Carson, Dudek (bound to leave this summer) and the brought in the Italian youngster in January and since Liverpool have a revolving door just for goalkeepers at Anfield he will probally get a contract this summer. If he wants to cum back, he will be embraced with open arms. But like i said Liverpool would like him at a higher level
grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 20:59   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
and as for the rochdale game there were 11 on the pitch..

yes there was, and to a man they performed terribly. It was an example pure and simple.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..