Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2010, 13:02   #1

donny match

Anybody know if its all ticket for match or can u pay on night
steve chippendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2010, 13:06   #2
God Member

Smile Re: donny match

All ticket, they were on sale at clubshop on Saturday, give Lew a try.....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 17:09   #3
Senior Member+

Re: donny match

What, you cant pay on the night?
are you sure?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 17:32   #4

No cash turnstiles!
Old 08-08-2010, 20:57   #5
Senior Member+

Is there not a ticket office? Surely there must be somewhere to buy a ticket for those who just turn up on spec - as I had planned to do.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 21:12   #6

From the fishy site dated 23rd. July

Doncaster Rovers v Accrington Stanley - Carling Cup

doncaster roversTickets for our Carling Cup First Round trip to Doncaster Rovers will go on sale on Monday 26th July from 9am.

The match takes place on Tuesday 10th August and is a 7.45pm kick off. The tickets will only be available from the Stanley Store Retail Box Office. The match is ALL TICKET as Doncaster do not have cash turnstiles. Prices are £10 for adults and £5 concessions.

Doncaster Rovers have provided nine pairs of wheelchair/carer spaces. Disabled tickets are at concessionary price and carers are free of charge.

For further details on ticketing go to Welcome to the Accrington Stanley Box Office - Home
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 21:15   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ya would think Doncaster would have their reception open on night fer ticket sales, some people including donny fans don't know until late due to work commitments, aint rocket science.
Old 08-08-2010, 21:18   #8
God Member

The football ground guide says away fans can buy tickets at the ticket office in the South Stand. Suppose that will be different for each game.

Probably best to give them a call tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2010, 21:22   #9
Senior Member+

Here is the phone number :-

Doncaster Rovers | Club | Contacts | DONCASTER ROVERS CONTACTS
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:55   #10

Hi all,

I'm a Donny fan, so just to clarify... EVERY game at the Rovers is all-ticket. However apart from games where the police say otherwise (ie local derbies, Millwall, Cardiff, etc) or it's a complete sell out then there are always tickets on sale on the day of the game. Seeing as the club have already told us that our main end (behind the opposite goal to where you'll be) will be closed as they're not expecting many then it'd be commercial suicide not to sell on the night!

Living in Manchester I'm never quite sure whether I can make midweek cup games and I always buy on the night of the game.

Please be aware that you need to buy your tickets at the away end of the ground near the away turnstiles. Don't waste your time queing up with the home fans at the main ticket office as you'll queue for ages only to be turned away and directed towards the away end!

Hope this is of help and fingers crossed for us all that the M62 behaves itself tommorow!
Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:20   #11

Much appreciated Rios. I'm planning on going but wasn't sure about the ticket situation until you've clarified it. Not been to The Keepmoat yet, so I'll be interested to see how it compares with Belle View. Pretty favourably i would imagine.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:13   #12

Wey Hey!! Clarification posted to-day on fishy site

There will be no cash turnstiles on the night of the game although supporters travelling without a ticket will still be able to purchase these from outside the stadium ahead of the game.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 14:00   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Wey Hey!! Clarification posted to-day on fishy site
Some things do improve.
Old 09-08-2010, 14:19   #14
Senior Member+

I spent almost 2 hours on the phone to Doncaster Rovers this morning. What a total shambles. Waiting for ages for phone to be answered. When it was, there were long periods of deathly silence. When I eventually spoke to someone, I was promised a return call - that never arrived. When I rang again, I was told that my details were not "on the system" - hardly surprising as I have never had dealings with the club (and hope I never again have to).

If anyone thinks that Stanley's admin can be tinpot, just try Doncaster's. They are dreadful.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 16:26   #15
God Member

That does sound bad fron Doncaster but I think ours will always be top of the pile for being tin-pot. For instance I have just received my August newsletter in which it says that as from the next home game, walk-on prices will be rising by 2 quid accross the board but will still be last seasons price is bought in advance on-line.
I know this price hike was mentioned at the end of last season but when the gate prices were still the same on Saturday I thought they must have decided against it - surely we can't put the price up after the season has started???
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..