Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2023, 16:24   #16
Full Member+

Re: Drysdale............

And Morecambe win. When oh when will our luck change for the better? Cant fault the effort put in today by the team but we cant score.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2023, 16:30   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
…. Cant fault the effort put in today by the team but we cant score.
And for all the gnashing of teeth over the defence, I feel it’s been the inability to score that’s doing (done) for Stanley. Only FGR have scored fewer this season.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2023, 16:51   #18

Despite a battling performance, todays stats only prove one thing.
When you can't score a goal after 18 attempts, you're heading for certain relegation.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2023, 17:46   #19
Senior Member+

Had my annual (though probably not next year ) half-hour walk to watch ... and it was indeed a battling performance where we never looked like scoring. Judging from the reaction in the North Stand (and Mitch Clark's!) we may have missed a sitter at the death, but their keeper was never seriously troubled. Though apart from the goal, nor was ours.

Hey ho.
Old 22-04-2023, 18:13   #20
Full Member+

Betty's Tea Rooms it is then.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Old 22-04-2023, 18:20   #21
Full Member+

Albeit we didn't score, nor did we look like scoring, it will be interesting to see whether the manager keeps faith in Lowe and Nolan...for me i am hoping he keeps them in for the remaining games as they deserve a chance.
Old 22-04-2023, 18:42   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Albeit we didn't score, nor did we look like scoring, it will be interesting to see whether the manager keeps faith in Lowe and Nolan...for me i am hoping he keeps them in for the remaining games as they deserve a chance.
He should keep faith, but probably won't. .........Leigh and Whalley....and lately Pressley and Whalley had had most starts. Lowe and Nolan have had very few. We made a good start but whilst on top didn't get a goal.

Even I have now lost all hope of any more points this season.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2023, 18:42   #23
Senior Member+

In post match interview Coley said "players he'd brought in are not consistently good enough....... They give their all but some of them are not good enough for this level." It was "his responsibility to sign and assemble a team that's good enough to be playing at League 1 this season he hadn't."

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2023, 18:45   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
He should keep faith, but probably won't. .........Leigh and Whalley....and lately Pressley and Whalley had had most starts. Lowe and Nolan have had very few. We made a good start but whilst on top didn't get a goal.

Even I have now lost all hope of any more points this season.
I think Lowe will have opportunities in League 2. He has another year on his contract I believe.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2023, 07:18   #25
Senior Member+

Not scoring goals has been our problem all season. It doesn't take much to work that out and that's why we were all hoping that a decent, 'proven' striker would be recruited in January's window.

It never happened and the writing has been on the wall ever since.
Watchdog likes this.
Old 24-04-2023, 12:37   #26
Senior Member+

So, how did Referee Drysdale do please?
His name was the subject of this post.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2023, 15:57   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
So, how did Referee Drysdale do please?
His name was the subject of this post.
Prepared to let the wrestling match flow, perhaps to our disadvantage as Pompey were better at wrestling .....
Old 24-04-2023, 16:42   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Not scoring goals has been our problem all season. It doesn't take much to work that out and that's why we were all hoping that a decent, 'proven' striker would be recruited in January's window.

It never happened and the writing has been on the wall ever since.
Yes Fleetwood splashed the cash and signed Stockdale and Marriott we got Pressley just shows you need to spend to finish halfway unless you are lucky with a few gems.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..