Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2012, 13:52   #1
God Member

Dunbavin WILL get us into the play-offs and here's why

Congratulations to Bavs on reaching the 150 game mark (153 if you count Lancashire Cup games). Me being me I was intrigued to see how his performances stacked up in that timescale, and it makes for interesting reading (if you bear with me to the end)

He has kept 30 clean sheets (20%)
Conceded 1 goal on 55 occasions (36%)
Conceded 2 goals on 36 occasions (24%)
Conceded 3 goals on 19 occasions (12%)
Conceded 4 goals on 6 occasions (4%)
Conceded 5 goals on 3 occasions (2%)
Conceded 8 goals on 1 occasion (0.3%) (game should never have been played …)

The above percentages are rounded up or down to the nearest (which is why it doesn’t quite add up to 100%. Using those percentages to calculate how many goals we would concede in a season with Bavs in goal for 46 league games we would have finished (only goals conceded order not points unfortunately)

3rd in 2011/12
Joint top in 20010/11
3rd in 2009/10
6th in 2008/09
6th in 2007/08
5th in 2006/07

So the moral of the story is that Brigadier Bavs should play every League game from here onwards. Here’s to the next 150 Ian!

I know, I’ll get me anorak!

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 28-09-2012 at 13:55.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2012, 19:52   #2
God Member

Re: Dunbavin WILL get us into the play-offs and here's why

If we could get some strikers to score three or more every game, we would win 80% minimum, that has to be a good ratio!!!

Therefore, if we sign up decent striker, we could be in Europe inside five season!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 22:23   #3
God Member

Trainspotting alive and well..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 22:29   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

He got a mention on "Being Liverpool" this evening playing a round of golf with Stevie G. Something about their friendship going back to the Liverpool academy days, he was about 9 & Bavs was 11, & here they are now playing golf in the States, him & Accrington Stanleys 2nd keeper.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:11   #5
I am Banned

stanley playing in europe in 5 years,you having a laff,they play in europe every week,as i believe that great britain is in europe so they play in europe now ha ha
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..