Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 10:47   #31
God Member

Re: edwards and mangan not starting

hahahahahaha coley knew nothing about boco before he arrived on the door step he has openly admited he never knew of benin (look on bbc archives) he signed him from his performances for the reserves and friendlys etc so unless you went to benin on a scouting mission you know the same background as all of us including coley, his background of playing in some foreign country we had never heard of then coming to accy setting the reserves alight and getting signed for the first team!

Similar story for N'Da although boco obviously suggested coleman to sign him so hes in the know

Probably one of coleys best signings! so where am i not giving him a chance!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:49   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise
Why not let Edwards start but def keep Mangan as sub, as he's only good for about 20mins then he's knackered, but worth 10 men when he's on.

As for Bocco and Julian N' Da, they played together in the French league and did superb, why not give them a chance and play them up front together ?
Cant see the point of signing a player then not playing them, especially when they worked as a team before.

Give Mullin a break ! he needs it
I am starting to thing of Andy as super sub who comes on and pulls us out of the doo doo. He is still young so with time can develop into something special for the team. As For Rommy and Julian just because they played well together in the French league dosnt mean they can do the same here as its a different style of play and team setup. At the end of the day its a team effort and Coley is enough of a cyote to use them when they are needed most.

Paul may in the eyes of some need a break but with the way he is playing is that wise? At the moment he is the linchpin and to take him out might be detrimental to the side. He is the one player the rest should be looking at to emulate as his heart soul boots and everything else is Stanley. It will take a special player or injury to take Mullin out of the side besides do most teams not fear him (based on the rough and tumble he suffers) and dread him being on form?

JC knows what he is doing (hope he does) and we can only go from strength to strength. If we start to slip and slip badly then we can put a shot over his bows in the hope things change. We had a bad run of results and as I mentioned in another post it was confidence that was lacking and look what happened when they got it back. Please dont try and fix whats not broken as it usually leads to disaster.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 14:16   #33

To me what's clear from the season so far is that we are not being outclassed, that the team can hold it's own in this league, so doesn't need drastic action. That's not to say people couldn't improve: I hope Rocky never plays in the reserves, as he would get blasted - you HAVE to pass the ball to another player, not punt it hopefully up field. Also, if Gary & Sean were to challenge now & again we wouldn't mind.

But on the whole, looking good.
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 23:29   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
so unless you went to benin on a scouting mission you know the same background as all of us including coley, his background of playing in some foreign country we had never heard of
I fully agree with your assessment of Rommy and Julien but, on a more realistic note, Rommy was born in Paris and played twice for Chamois Niortais in 2004-05 before they were relegated from the French second division to the Championnat National, effectively the third division. Julien, who was born in Niort played 18 games for Chamois Niortais in the same season before moving to FC Rouen who themselves had just been relegated from the Championnat National to the fourth tier which is regionalised. Fortunately for us, the French don't seem to have realised their potential!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..