Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree115Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2016, 08:26   #91
God Member

Re: Emirates FA Cup Draw Round 3

always remember 1000 paying 20 quid is better than 1999 paying 10. the ecomomy of fools.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2016, 08:40   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If they dont get their asses in gear and start treating fans properly, i shall even consider NOT renewing my season ticket.some may put up with the crap MrT and the staff are serving up, this kid wont.I know a few more than me that have been really annoyed with this ticket farce for other reasons than mine.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 19-12-2016, 09:20   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If they dont get their asses in gear and start treating fans properly, i shall even consider NOT renewing my season ticket.some may put up with the crap MrT and the staff are serving up, this kid wont.I know a few more than me that have been really annoyed with this ticket farce for other reasons than mine.
dont let the barstewards get you down cashy. the club is bigger than all of em. not happy myself this season for various reasons but don,t cut yoor nose off etc. remember you could be a york city fan.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 11:14   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
always remember 1000 paying 20 quid is better than 1999 paying 10. the ecomomy of fools.
Not if the 1999 buy food, drink, programmes, merchandise, come back for more games and bring pals etc.

That would make it the economics of the short sighted.
Stevie R, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 11:17   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
The club have missed another trick

If they publicised buying a 3rd round ticket will guarantee you a 4th round ticket, they would shift a lot more tickets
If we get knocked out will it still give priority for tickets for the game that might have been is it's man utd
AccyMad, cashman, yonmon and 1 others like this.
Old 19-12-2016, 13:55   #97

Come on Cashy - every organisation makes cock ups. Maybe it's due to a dozy pillock? Maybe the system needs a bit of fixing? I'm sure they are not going out to deliberately **** you off.

I am as prone to losing perspective and patience as the next man so I'm probably being hypocritical to suggest you rethink your recent experience.

My experience has been that Stanley is a wonderful club with loads of upsides and the occasional downside. Keep the faith.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 14:07   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Come on Cashy - every organisation makes cock ups. Maybe it's due to a dozy pillock? Maybe the system needs a bit of fixing? I'm sure they are not going out to deliberately **** you off.

I am as prone to losing perspective and patience as the next man so I'm probably being hypocritical to suggest you rethink your recent experience.

My experience has been that Stanley is a wonderful club with loads of upsides and the occasional downside. Keep the faith.
Its not just me i know of 2 people that called in the shop on sat, Both live a considerable distance away, one went in early there was 3 attendants in and NO customers, he asked for a cup ticket and was told to come back at 5-00, how ridiculous is that? I know this for fact as he always stands with our group.
Old 19-12-2016, 17:04   #99
Super Moderator

Cashy;

The Shop staff don't sell tickets; only certain people ( not even me, thank goodness) are permitted and all monies have to be reconciled to the WhatMore accounting systems.

Loads of things are different at the Wham; individuals can view them as they think fit.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 17:49   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Cashy;

The Shop staff don't sell tickets; only certain people ( not even me, thank goodness) are permitted and all monies have to be reconciled to the WhatMore accounting systems.

Loads of things are different at the Wham; individuals can view them as they think fit.
Thats fair enough,and the reason for the changes i understand and are not for on here, But commonsense MUST come into play, the people who travel long distance to see Stanley cannot be expected to come around at 5-00 on match day, when they got to travel and some cases a train to catch, How can stanley expect to increase attendances pulling daft stuff like this? also the fact i couldnt be sold a standing ticket last tuesday cos i stupidly forgot my season ticket, is beyond belief to me, the fact i'm a season ticket holder could easily have been checked, instead i was told come back with yer season ticket!! in fact you know thats true, cos we spoke to each other when i was going in,as you were leaving.
Old 19-12-2016, 17:55   #101

Quote:
Cashy;

So effectively you are saying that it doesn't matter if fans can't get a ticket as long as the Whatmore accounting system reconciles?

That's some way to run a football club. Try to prevent the losses the previous board suffered from by ****ing off the fans that did come. This business plan gets better all the time.
Old 19-12-2016, 18:08   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just outa interest how did the accounting system reconcile itself on sat when the scanners on the turnstiles weren't working? i'm amazed we were allowed entry,
Old 19-12-2016, 18:40   #103
God Member

Quote:
The exact same "policy" as Woking!! I'll mention it to Coley; it won't be popular!!

Maybe therin lies a problem? Let Coley worry about putting 11 players on the pitch and someone else should worry about marketing

It irks me somewhat that the fans have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER as to the fitness or impending return of a player as it may give a clue to an opposing manager
Old 19-12-2016, 18:41   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Just outa interest how did the accounting system reconcile itself on sat when the scanners on the turnstiles weren't working? i'm amazed we were allowed entry,
The last 2 games I've been at we have gone into the sports bar and nowt was scanned on my ticket or my pals season ticket so we never noticed. They did tear the bit off my ticket though.
Old 19-12-2016, 18:43   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
The last 2 games I've been at we have gone into the sports bar and nowt was scanned on my ticket or my pals season ticket so we never noticed. They did tear the bit off my ticket though.
Yeah, they don't scan the tickets if you go through the main stand turnstiles - just at the Clayton End entrance
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..