Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 15:43   #1
God Member

Question Err Lets hope this is just speculation

Football | News | League 1 | General news | Stanley duo would relish Rovers chance - ITV Sport

or

NewsNow: Accrington Stanley

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2009, 15:47   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Err Lets hope this is just speculation

R.I.P Accrington Stanley
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 15:51   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
R.I.P Accrington Stanley
If it happens then someone would come in. Dont get me wrong, I would not be happy to see them go (yes I have changed my mind on this,after much thought), but the club must go onwards............Though who would want the position in the current climate I have no idea

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 15:55   #4
Senior Member+

Well who could the club afford to bring in ? Paul Ince :O.

The club would most likley have to bring in a bunch of nobodys.
Old 05-06-2009, 16:02   #5
Full Member+

Quote:
Well who could the club afford to bring in ? Paul Ince :O.

The club would most likley have to bring in a bunch of nobodys.

Nothing like positive thinking, is there ?
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 16:06   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Nothing like positive thinking, is there ?
Nothing to make a fan feel postive about the club atm.
Old 05-06-2009, 16:10   #7
Full Member+

The club will be here after Whalley, After Coleman, after Bell, after Mullin.............
If the fans want a club
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 16:44   #8

With all due respect to Coley....how the *ell he be considered a serious candidate for the job?

Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 18:24   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
With all due respect to Coley....how the *ell he be considered a serious candidate for the job?

Very possibly, and you show no repect at all to Coley, I'm afraid.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 18:29   #10

Quote:
Nothing to make a fan feel postive about the club atm.
If you don't experience the lows you never really enjoy the highs. How boring to support Man.U. and monotonously be at the top, no fun in that. Viva the rollacoaster !
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 18:32   #11
Senior Member+

This is an interesting read.

Procter faces Accrington Stanley D-Day (From Lancashire Telegraph)
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 22:17   #12
God Member

I thought that John and Jimmy had signed rolling contracts????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 22:31   #13
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Staff news ( Friday 1st May 2009 )

Management duo sign new deal
Stanley manager John coleman and his assistant Jimmy Bell have this afternoon agreed new deals to keep them at the club for an eleventh year on a twelve month rolling deal.

Over the last ten years the duo have taken Accrington Stanley from the UniBond First Division, then through the UniBond Premier League and the Nationwide Conference before leading us back into the Football League where we have successfully competed for the last three years.

John and Jimmy will put pen to paper on the contract next week, with John becoming the Football League's longest serving manager, and third longest serving in the country behind Manchester United's Alex Ferguson and Arsenal's Arsene Wenger.

Speaking about the agreement the Stanley boss said "I've always loved being at Accrington Stanley and never wanted to go anywhere else. We've enjoyed some good success over the years but I have always been of the opinion that there is still so much we can do here. You look at our results this season and if we had got what we arguably deserved from some of those games we would have been much higher up the table. I am looking to keep a lot of the squad together from this season with one or two key additions and we are already looking forward to the challenge of next season."

Stanley chief executive Rob Heys added "It is great to have agreed a new deal with John and Jimmy, their committment to the club has always been unquestionable and we look foward to working together in the future to keep the club moving forward both on and off the field."

Talks are now well underway with the squad with regards to next season, with further news of the results of player contract negotiations to be announced next week
Old 05-06-2009, 22:36   #14
God Member

Question Re: Err Lets hope this is just speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Staff news ( Friday 1st May 2009 )

Management duo sign new deal
Stanley manager John coleman and his assistant Jimmy Bell have this afternoon agreed new deals to keep them at the club for an eleventh year on a twelve month rolling deal.

Over the last ten years the duo have taken Accrington Stanley from the UniBond First Division, then through the UniBond Premier League and the Nationwide Conference before leading us back into the Football League where we have successfully competed for the last three years.

John and Jimmy will put pen to paper on the contract next week, with John becoming the Football League's longest serving manager, and third longest serving in the country behind Manchester United's Alex Ferguson and Arsenal's Arsene Wenger.

Speaking about the agreement the Stanley boss said "I've always loved being at Accrington Stanley and never wanted to go anywhere else. We've enjoyed some good success over the years but I have always been of the opinion that there is still so much we can do here. You look at our results this season and if we had got what we arguably deserved from some of those games we would have been much higher up the table. I am looking to keep a lot of the squad together from this season with one or two key additions and we are already looking forward to the challenge of next season."

Stanley chief executive Rob Heys added "It is great to have agreed a new deal with John and Jimmy, their committment to the club has always been unquestionable and we look foward to working together in the future to keep the club moving forward both on and off the field."

Talks are now well underway with the squad with regards to next season, with further news of the results of player contract negotiations to be announced next week
Cheers Mab, but it does say "Will put pen to paper next week" maybe they did not???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 23:08   #15

Back to point - from what I hear from a V reliable source Procter is on his way out which is a sad day for the club because he is a lad prepared to put his foot in week in week out which is pretty rare these days.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..