Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2012, 00:55   #46
Full Member+

Re: Even earlier Rotherham Match Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Beattie has played six games and we've won one of them, is he possibly the weak link?
What a load of tripe !!! To even suggest that the downturn in form is linked with Beattie is incredible !!!

We're lacking experience. To suggest that by having a former international, who has played in the highest league in the land, who still has miles left on the clock is the weakest link??? Barmy !!! What about the glaring shortfalls we've got in other departments!!! Let's not forget Beattie might not yet be fully fit????

For me, we've gone downhill recently since Bavs got injured and the lad from Fleetwood went back. It's plainly obvious that we lack a bit of steel in certain departments. We're also lacking firepower.... and whilst Amond does get the goals now and then....he's hardly prolific!!

To me, I've got faith in Leam to turn this round and steer us clear from the drop zone. That said, I feel we need to strengthen down the spine of the side.

A quality centre half, a decent central midfielder and another forward (or two ) to give us the goals we'll need to get clear of the mire !!

If Hughes is still unattached and twiddling his thumbs, he'd be one of the first i'd be calling to see if he fancies the fight.... that....make no mistake...is one to get away from trouble and away from the drop zone.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2012, 08:11   #47
Senior Member+

Agreed 100% carpon.

I think Macca had drunk too many cherries last night somehow.!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 09:04   #48
Senior Member+

Whilst I was disappointed with the result yesterday, I thought about the potential for relegation and whilst Leam is young and very willing to learn, perhaps we should go out and get him a proper right hand man who knows the League 1 and 2 ropes to assist him. After seeing the goings on at the chicken farmers gaff and Fleetwood, then to rid ourselves of a promising young manager in the making would be a mistake. What about the likes of Keith Hill? Also with regards to the transfer window in January, yes get Bryan Hughes back (if he will come back) and the lad from Fleetwood, if he is available. Fer me, lets get experience mixed with youth and meld the team into an attacking unit (attack after all is the best form of defence). Some say that we will be alright this season, I am not so sure. It is a worrying trend we have at the moment. Even the guess the score punters are now predicting loss after loss. I am hoping however, that the team will see the enormity of the Chesterfield match and shove one in the eye of the renegade that is Paul Cook. Coley's motto used to be 'keep the faith', however, I do not see too much faith on this thread!
AccyMad likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 09:17   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Forget the Fleetwood lad outback, much as i would love him back,from what i heard hes now a regular yon n been made captain.
Old 30-12-2012, 10:45   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Forget the Fleetwood lad outback, much as i would love him back,from what i heard hes now a regular yon n been made captain.
Pity there isn't a do not like button. Didn't know this Cashy, thanks for enlightening me.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 12:32   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

Talking of 'Captains' Cashy, I still maintain that at the present moment we have a Midfielder who runs around mostly to little effect wearing the Captain's armband !...and what the Reds don;t have, and badly need is a real leader on the pitch, then perhaps we wouldn't see the slumped shoulders, the accusing looks when a goal is conceded, and the loss of spirit in moments of adversity.
The comment from The Red Darreners regarding the obtaining of the services of a Psychologist should not be dismissed from the equation either !.....
See you on Tuesday !...
cashman likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 12:54   #52
Senior Member+

Just to keep it simply we are shocking. Team selections , formation , no plan b , no fight , a captain who can't be bothered, no inspiration , no battling ! After seeing 99.9% of away and home games this season our manager as bad as I hate saying it is just not good enough ! Unfortunately I'd rather have Liam go and get an experienced manager quick to get us out of this!! Forget being nicey nice , we could be going down this season so something has to be done! Either keep Liam and giving some money for some wages for some decent players for half a season or get someone in who can reunite the players and get them playing again !!! And there's clearly something wrong in the camp as you can tell with how the players are even when they come out the tunnel !

Also another note. If Joyce stays as captain then we will certain to be going down!! He is nowhere near a captain! Doesn't get the players going , doesn't play well himself and show them how it's done , no fight , no passion ! Everytime they scored yesterday he didn't once say anything to anyone!

Another waste of hard earned money going to watch stanley!
smobile likes this.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 13:08   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Sod all to do wi being nicey nice,its about giving the guy chance re the jan window, to put his own mark on the side, there obviously won't be money available to any great degree, agree we need a captain that would be obvious to Stevie Wonder,
Old 30-12-2012, 13:10   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
/
also another note. If joyce stays as captain then we will certain to be going down!! He is nowhere near a captain! Doesn't get the players going , doesn't play well himself and show them how it's done , no fight , no passion ! Everytime they scored yesterday he didn't once say anything to anyone!

Another waste of hard earned money going to watch stanley!
qed..'.fcs ' ???
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 13:11   #55
Senior Member+

We really need to calm down ! ,I mentioned a few months ago, that no matter how good a young player is,they always go through a bit of a slump,and its how they react as to how far they will go in the game.
Looking at yesterday's team, I suspect it's the next two games were the ones being targeted for a points return.
The team is good enough,results eg fleetwood prove this,it's just a matter of regaining some form and a little luck.
A few additions and injuries clearing up will see us alright.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 14:18   #56

For what it's worth here's my two Penneth worth:

I think there are lots of reasons for our current run of bad form, but unfortunately I think it's primarily down to the management.

Team selection: I don't think the current management know what is there best team or even the best system to use. To gamble on bringing in untried (and by the looks of it nowhere near ready) players like Clark, Dixon & Carver is ridiculous.
Substitutions: Leam generally only seems to make changes when they are forced upon him or the game is gone, and then some of the actual substitutions defy belief.
Tactics: Since Beattie has arrived we seem to hump it towards him at every opportunity, but unfortunately he doesn't win many headers these days (however I do think he looks dangerous in the box so worth persevering with)

I think Leam should had brought in an experienced number 2 instead of Paul Stephenson because they're both inexperienced and seem to panic when things are going wrong rather than being the steadying influence they need to be. Incidentally this current bad run started around the time the new assistant and Beattie arrived and we started playing like Wimbledon 1986

My team for Chesterfield:
A Keeper
Linfield Winnard Murphy Liddle
Bocco Miller Joyce Molyneux
Gray
Beattie

Subs: Dawber Chippendale Podge Eckersly Hatfield Barnett Dixon

On a positive note all bad runs come to an end and wouldn't it be perfect if it ended on Tuesday against he who shall not be named
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 14:21   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
perhaps we should go out and get him a proper right hand man who knows the League 1 and 2 ropes to assist him.
Technically he already has one with League One management experience
Old 30-12-2012, 14:24   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post

On a positive note all bad runs come to an end and wouldn't it be perfect if it ended on Tuesday against he who shall not be named
Must disagree Frank, I don't mind calling a SNAKE a SNAKE.
Old 30-12-2012, 14:28   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
I think Leam should had brought in an experienced number 2 instead of Paul Stephenson
I think you mean Paul Lodge, who is actually 1st team coach and was already there before Leam took over
Old 30-12-2012, 15:06   #60
Senior Member+

To be fair, Beattie has always been a scorer of great goals but not really a great goal scorer.That's why we should be working hard for clean sheets,which will come when our form returns and injuries clear up
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..