Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 15:55   #31
God Member

Re: Exeter Match Thread

Well thats it - what a load of crap

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2008, 15:58   #32
Senior Member+

look foward to next week

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 16:01   #33

Sounds like a case of missed chances in the first half. We had them on the rack ,the crowd was getting on their backs but we didnt take our chances. Must do better next week.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 16:02   #34
God Member

Aye true hope we get a better result next time, especially at home

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 16:09   #35
Senior Member+

12th in table would of gone 7th if we had of won

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 18:37   #36
Senior Member+

I'll be the first of those at the match to be able to comment. After a reasonable first half, we conceded a goal yet again just before the interval and we lost the plot totally in the 2nd half. It could have been worse but for some great saves from Kenny Arthur once again.

I thought John Miles had a reasonable game, making a few useful runs down the left wing and hitting the crossbar with one shot, but he is certainly not a natural left winger. Paul Mullin worked his socks off -as always. Jamie Clarke had a good first 15 minutes but faded after that. Worrall was rarely in the game. Chris King had another good game.

I felt that the team lacked balance. I would have preferred to see Murphy in central defence with Phil Edwards and Cav at right back. Then Proccy could have been in midfield. Is Proccy carrying an injury? It was odd that he remained on the bench throughout the game. The only sub used was Onibuje - and that was a wise choice when we were losing. But I would have expected to see at least 1 other sub used.

Just one other thing I would comment on. I could not understand why JC and JB remained in the dugout for virtually the entire 2nd half. The Exeter management team were at the edge of their technical area throughout the game.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 19:32   #37
Senior Member+

Proccy was injured but we have no1 else so they had to name him as a sub
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 20:07   #38
Senior Member+

Thanks for that. Looks like we are starting to face some problems with our small squad.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 20:56   #39
God Member

Playing players close to their natural positions may have helped the balance you're on about RR.
Cav in central midfield while Fola is brought on as a sub to the right wing? Surely playing Rocky in central midfield and Cavanagh in defence would've made us more solid?

Oh well, hope the lacklustre performance is only a slump. Bring on County at home.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 23:33   #40

i jus like to say how happy i am wiv the result today we played u off the park i thought.
we deserved to win atleast 5-1 in my opinion and shulda had 2 pens poor referiing.

yr fans were amazind i cldnt even here them wen u scored thts poor get some singers in there
iamexeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 23:57   #41
God Member

Troll
Old 07-09-2008, 07:55   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamexeter View Post
i jus like to say how happy i am wiv the result today we played u off the park i thought.
we deserved to win atleast 5-1 in my opinion and shulda had 2 pens poor referiing.

yr fans were amazind i cldnt even here them wen u scored thts poor get some singers in there
I think you have to be a minimum of 13 to post on here and you have to speak English.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:55   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think you have to be a minimum of 13 to post on here and you have to speak English.
Yes. With Hereford gone we've got a vacancy for a "yokel" correspondent but they do need to able to spell ...
Old 07-09-2008, 13:57   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamexeter View Post
Oh dear - I'm sorry! However, to pick up on the points that I think have been made:
"today we played you off the park i thought" That wasn't my view of the game at all, and I really thought that it was the proverbial 'game of two halves' with Accy shading the first half, and Exeter the second.
"we deserved to win at least 5-1....shud had 2 pens..poor referiing"
Or it could have been 6-4 or even 7-5, and as for the penalty claims I thought Exeter were fortunate not concede one during the first half, as we were struggling to contain Accrington attacks. The refereeing was indeed somewhat bizarre, but that went for both sides. We had hoped that back in the League the standard would be better, but it's just as variable as it was in the Conference.
The comments about your fans shows that "Iamexeter" hasn't done very much away travelling in the Conference or the League. Considering your home gates the attendance was credible and the fans were vocal, I can only apologise for the poor state of our away end - future plans include its redevelopment, but at the moment it's a pretty miserable environment, and on the wrong day downright miserable to be in.
All in all, looking forward to our trip to play you- it's always been an enjoyable away trip- and always with the promise of a good curry to follow.
DoctorDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 14:52   #45
Senior Member+

Thank you Doctor Dave, the south-west correspondent post is yours - welcome

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..