Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Fan of the year for 2014
Cashman 6 28.57%
DAV007 1 4.76%
Chimer 0 0%
Football 19 5 23.81%
Lancs Dave 0 0%
Div 3 North 3 14.29%
Mab 2 9.52%
Chubbyman 4 19.05%
Exile on Spencer St 0 0%
Redraine 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2014, 11:58   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Fan Of The Year 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
We should take this seriously...I am taking it very seriously indeed and have spent all Christmas researching through a years threads......It seems a few are capable of being crowned king Of the Fans....It looked hands down it would be my grumpy co-pilot Cashman....BUT along came another name DAV007 and as things are at this moment he's a strong contender and possibly nudging into the lead.I shall declare my choice for this prestigious title tomorrow... if of course I haven't been committed to a lunatic asylum....A Very Happy and Prosperous New Year to all Stanley Fans Far and Wide.....
Chubbyman !....thanks for your felicitations and I return them to you and Tom !..but as to your doubts regarding your sanity ?.Well it seems to me that anyone spending ALL Christmas researching posts on our Forum must be a suitable case for some form of treatment or other !
But not to worry, I'm certain that on your first visit to the clinic you'll find one or two of your Forum buddies already seeking assistance there !...some of whom I guess might well appear on the Fan of the Year list !.

Keep swingin' .
cashman and Chubbyman like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-12-2014, 21:06   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Chubbyman !....thanks for your felicitations and I return them to you and Tom !..but as to your doubts regarding your sanity ?.Well it seems to me that anyone spending ALL Christmas researching posts on our Forum must be a suitable case for some form of treatment or other !
But not to worry, I'm certain that on your first visit to the clinic you'll find one or two of your Forum buddies already seeking assistance there !...some of whom I guess might well appear on the Fan of the Year list !.

Keep swingin' .
You'll be pleased to know Yonmon they released me from the clinic after tests ,apparently it was diagnosed as temporary insanity..... There was a Transvestite of Jamaican origin called DAV from Liverpool he won't be released for awhile...delusions of grandeur ,there was also a Liverpudlian football manager in a straight jacket who apparently tried to pull his hair out but didn't have any ,he had apparently cracked up as he couldn't tell the difference between a centre half or a centre forward or his arse from his elbow.
cashman likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 22:22   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
You'll be pleased to know Yonmon they released me from the clinic after tests ,apparently it was diagnosed as temporary insanity..... There was a Transvestite of Jamaican origin called DAV from Liverpool he won't be released for awhile...delusions of grandeur ,there was also a Liverpudlian football manager in a straight jacket who apparently tried to pull his hair out but didn't have any ,he had apparently cracked up as he couldn't tell the difference between a centre half or a centre forward or his arse from his elbow.
Fortunately my sanity has returned and my vote goes to Cashy.......Well done pal ...
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:50   #34
Senior Member+

So I cast a bleary 'New Year's Morning' eye over the results of 'THE Poll ' and my first thought was 'why' ?.
I know that Chubbyman voted for our worthy winner, to whom I send my sincerest greetings and best wishes for 2015 !.... I also note that Mab who week in - week out not only provides us with our regular supply of fun with 'guess the gate ?', but also ensures one way or another that the winner receives his or her prize, received little or no recognition for what he sees as being a true fan of The Reds !
Redraine, who as we all know, fights a real battle to take his place on t'Clayton End and makes a telling contribution to our Forum, is , via this sorry excuse for a poll cast aside like an old shoe !.
Valairian, that fount of all knowledge who is, as I know he intends, a real link between Forum and Club and whose bubbling enthusiasm is a sight to behold , is sadly omitted from the ill-prepared list of candidates !.
There is also a whiff of misogyny surrounding this poll as the omission of ACCYMAD might suggest !.... She too, as we know, deserves some recognition for the behind-the-scenes efforts which she puts in on behalf of our Club, as well as keeping we mere males in some
sort of check on the Forum !!... But does she get even a mention ?.
There are so many others who we all know could wear this accolade deservedly and with pride, but are conspicuous by their absence. To them, the Fans of this Year and every other Year I send my admiration and my VOTE !.

As for DAV007 ?.... I send my sincerest of good wishes for 2015, knowing that we both make
our entirely different contributions from one shared standpoint....we both support the best Football Club that ever was and ever will be !.
Revived Red and smobile like this.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:56   #35
Senior Member+

Of the people on the list ( once again, my sincerest apologies if you where not on the list ) the winner combining the online and offline votes is Cashman.

Cashman to show your gratitude, you are permitted to buy everyone a pint or coffee before the next home game.

Happy New year
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:01   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well this is one of the very few things i ever won in me life.Shame it wasn't the Lottery.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:20   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
combining the online and offline votes
Congratulations to Cashy. Well deserved.

But, DAV, can you explain how the offline votes were counted please? We, the arbitres iustitiae, expect everything to be clear and above board. We would be concerned if the offline voters felt disenfranchised in any way because, if they did, it could reflect badly on the club that we all love.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:50   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Congratulations to Cashy. Well deserved.

But, DAV, can you explain how the offline votes were counted please? We, the arbitres iustitiae, expect everything to be clear and above board. We would be concerned if the offline voters felt disenfranchised in any way because, if they did, it could reflect badly on the club that we all love.
Reviewing posts 24 and 25 ....How could offline votes possibly carry any validity ?
Old 01-01-2015, 12:19   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Reviewing posts 24 and 25 ....How could offline votes possibly carry any validity ?
Quite so. My question was entirely rhetorical. But I did wonder how DAV would answer it.
Old 01-01-2015, 18:18   #40
Senior Member+

Happy to go through it with you at the next home game, this vote was more transparent than the FIFA world cup bids
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:07   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Happy to go through it with you at the next home game
Sorry, DAV, but not at all acceptable. In another thread you boast of your
Quote:
truth, honesty, integrity
Well you must explain to all of Accyweb, not only to me, exactly how you counted in the votes of non-Accywebbers.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:27   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Happy to go through it with you at the next home game, this vote was more transparent than the FIFA world cup bids
Dav.......that would make it about as 'Transparent' as the rear window of a filthy old 1950's Accy Corporation Transport Guy Arab III single decker bus travelling through Ossy on a dark, dismal 1950's smoggy neet!
.......... On t'other 'and though......
It could be that a.... 'Transparent' was responsible for bringing into the world that Jamiacan, Transvetite seen recently in a clinic for deranged supporters of Accrington Stanley. and more
Revived Red and Chubbyman like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..