Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2005, 19:55   #1
God Member

Question Fans Forum

Did anything come of tonights fans forum with eric?

Didnt think there would be too many questions that would be asked at the moment except about the bloody ROOF???
Old 06-11-2005, 21:04   #2
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Fans Forum

Did we ever get a response to this question posted by JEFF?

Quote:
What did happen though was that one of the said 'bouncer' style stewerds opened a large gate and started letting fans in if they gave him the exact cash.... i hope these fans were included in the gate and that your club got ALL the cash.

Question by Jeff
I hope the Club are taking notice of this. I wonder if it happens on a regular basis. What was the bouncer doing opening a gate in the first place, was it to line his own pocket. I hope the Club have an investigation into this accusation.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 22:11   #3

you asked this once. stop stirring it
Old 06-11-2005, 22:26   #4

In reply to the bouncer comment- the man in question did not take it on his own initiative or pocket club funds. Mick Schultz made the descision & ordered the gate to be opened as the queue for the York fans was long & with kick off approaching, as the ref refused to delay the kick off to get as many in to see the start of the game. Further the club are unaware of any offer from York as to compensating Stanley to the tune of £10K as was banded about on the stewards debate. The debate is still ongoing between both clubs re preventing such an incident again, maybe by making the York fans enter by ticket only should we meet again. This is unfortunate & due to a usual minority element who ignored police requests to restore order. If these idiots would not listen to the police what chance did the stewards who are unpaid volunteers have of making them behave? We could only watxch from the Clayton end but at least these lads & lasses did put themselves in front of the morons & faced up to them so good for them. It is easy to criticise but they did prevent an ugly situation from becoming nasty, & that is seen by the police prescence-which lets face it is a rare occurance at the Interlink thank goodness.
Old 06-11-2005, 22:35   #5
Senior Member+

Al, the 10k was refering to gate reciepts from 800 york fans...
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:23   #6
Super Moderator

So, was anything mentioned about the roof at the fan's forum?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:10   #7
Senior Member+

Eric Said we have to ask Rob that when its hes turn in 2 or 3 weeks

but their has been meetings last week about it
Old 07-11-2005, 08:49   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyStanFan
Al, the 10k was refering to gate reciepts from 800 york fans...
that is normal revenue for any away club bringing such numbers so why refer to it as if it was an extra? Sure Eric has the club at heart & invests as he sees fit for the club. We still need an average crowd of 15-1600 to break even & given the low attendances earlier on this is pure catchup.

Last edited by big al; 07-11-2005 at 08:57.
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:08   #9
Super Moderator

Cheers for that, Baldy.

Al, was this figure mentioned by Eric at the forum? If so, then surely it means that if we carry on with the present gates, we cannot continue as a full-time club? The club should be publicising this on the website and in the press, as there appear to be a number of fans who think that we can somehow muddle through with gates of 1,200.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:46   #10

Wynonie,
It is what Eric quoted at the forum towards the close of last season. That is why the club has been pushing for us to promote attendance to friends, relatives etc this season. Unfortunately with the situation with my mother at present I was not able to attend on Sunday, but those figures are from the proverbial horses mouth. Trust that answers your query.
Old 07-11-2005, 13:03   #11
Super Moderator

Ta, very much for that information, Al. A very worrying situation indeed.
Old 07-11-2005, 14:23   #12
rob

i think there has been a bit of confusion al, perhaps that's what eric said last season as a guide to survive in the football league?

i can assure you that our budget is not based on 1500-1600, and nor did it include a cup run fortunately! there will continue to be an accrington stanley football club with the gates that we currently attract, however that is not to say we are not determined to increase these.

obviously more money at the turnstiles gives us more options on the pitch.
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 14:36   #13
Senior Member+

rob said 800-900, so someones lying ..... bet eric wants people to push others to come. it be bad if he said don't worry we only need 800 don't bother bringin your fRiends its ok. In truth we will never know unless you are erics accountant......

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 15:00   #14
Super Moderator

OK, not as worrying as I thought, but I still reckon all us diehards ought to be out there, making converts wherever and whenever possible!
Old 07-11-2005, 21:24   #15
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
you asked this once. stop stirring it
Shut up, I did not ask this question but I thought it needed an answer as there are many other questions that this could bring if it had been true, the orginal question never got an answer because for some reason the thread was closed.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..