Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 17:43   #1
God Member

fans forum - Crown

apparently the club ar ehosting a fans forum with Coley in the Crown on sunday (see fishy). Anybody thinking of going?
Old 02-08-2007, 18:57   #2
God Member

Re: fans forum - Crown

All far too short notice.. cant make cricket tonight Cant make fans forum sunday
Old 02-08-2007, 20:48   #3

I would have but i go on holiday Saturday
Old 02-08-2007, 22:13   #4
God Member

Hmm might just pop in

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:24   #5

I'm with kipax on this one, a lot of people need more than 3 or 4 days notice to arrange things for sundays!

I wont be able to go...BOOOO!
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:22   #6
Full Member+

I'll try to get over if I can. I'm not sure what times I'm available on Sunday...

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 18:18   #7
God Member

Will probably have a walk up there but not sure what we've got to moan - oops sorry I mean ask about yet, the season hasn't even started. Maybe we can have another half way through?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:28   #8
Full Member+

May well have a look in on Sunday!! I'd be interested to know what Coley thinks about his defensive options for the forthcoming season ( as I'm sure many of us are) Can't & wont criticise,but like many,I feel that the defensive positions may prove to be the missing pieces for a successful season. I feel that we need a bit of cover in the Defensive positions,after all,we may well have had one of the highest goals "for" but (i may stand corrected) only Torquay had a worse goals against record than ourselves last term.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:28   #9

interested to read Carpon's comments - didn't John have a philosophy of going after the 3 pts & hey-hum if sometimes we failed to get 1 pt in the process ? Distance prevents me being there but if you're stuck for ?s, I'd be interested to know how the Governor is thinking now he has a season's experience under his belt at this level and is aware is of our goals against record.It's a nice opportunity for fans to show solidarity with a man who has achieved so much in a mere 9 years - unlike most clubs where the muppets are on the manager's back if they don't get instant & constant success !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 14:06   #10
Senior Member+

Please let us know what coleman said about his defensive options.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 17:56   #11
God Member

Attended the fans forum this afternoon and it finally got underway at 2pm!!!!!! (waiting for coley )

Also there was cav, miles, arthur and fearon

There were many questions asked and although I heard all the answers if the question came from other side of pub I have no idea what it was!!

Also due to the fact it finished over 4 hours ago I can't remember half of it already

As for defensive options..he is definately hoping to sign one more defender

With a strong strike force he is still starting next season with a 4-4-2 and moving the likes of David Brown into midfield (who he has been very impressed with of late!!)

Miles was asked why he chose stanley - and his answer was mostly due to the recommendation of stanley from Cav

Same question to Kenny Arthur - Has wanted to play in the English league for a long time, has been impressed in the past with stanley and the gaffer, got the phone call and he feels he's never looked back!

Cav as captain is happy to carry on allowing others to lead on the pitch aswell as himself and feels his captaincy style will not alter although the team has changed quite a bit.

will think of some more soon.

Or if anyone wants to ask if any particular question was asked it might remind me

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 18:08   #12
God Member

Any talk of a pre season tour down under next year???
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 18:12   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Any talk of a pre season tour down under next year???
Nope sorry

Old 05-08-2007, 18:39   #14
Senior Member+

Was it well attended? I wanted to go myself, but got caught up with things this morning.
Old 05-08-2007, 18:44   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Was it well attended? I wanted to go myself, but got caught up with things this morning.
The pub was quite busy but then again many could have just been out for a sunday drink in their local and nothing to do with the forum\!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..