Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2005, 15:43   #1

Fan's Forum Page?? In Accy programme

Hiya

My name's Karen and I am the one responsible for putting the programme together and putting the various articles into some kind of order

I thought it might be quite good because some of you are quite opinionated on some areas of accy that dedicating a page to just the fans and their views would be a good idea, whether positive, negative, what's right with Stanley, the team, new players etc etc, basically your views and a chosen few will be printed in the programme alongside your name or aka name if you wish to remain anonymous and I just thought it would give the fans a better voice??? If you wish you could also send in photos (not that kind lol !!) if you wish!!

Nice to read some of your comments on here good or bad they all help. The page would be in home match-days programmes.

If you want to snail mail me:

Karen Fazackerley
Interlink Express Stadium
Livingstone Road
Accrington
Lancashire
BB5 5BX

or email [email protected]

Cheers and look forward to hearing from you?? You can even pm me on here if you wish.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Karen**

Last edited by KarenFaz; 31-08-2005 at 16:45. Reason: Adding Detail
KarenFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2005, 22:32   #2
I am Banned

Re: Fan's Forum Page?? In Accy programme

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenFaz
Hiya

My name's Karen and I am the one responsible for putting the programme together and putting the various articles into some kind of order

I thought it might be quite good because some of you are quite opinionated on some areas of accy that dedicating a page to just the fans and their views would be a good idea, whether positive, negative, what's right with Stanley, the team, new players etc etc, basically your views and a chosen few will be printed in the programme alongside your name or aka name if you wish to remain anonymous and I just thought it would give the fans a better voice??? If you wish you could also send in photos (not that kind lol !!) if you wish!!

Nice to read some of your comments on here good or bad they all help. The page would be in home match-days programmes.

If you want to snail mail me:

Karen Fazackerley
Interlink Express Stadium
Livingstone Road
Accrington
Lancashire
BB5 5BX

or email [email protected]

Cheers and look forward to hearing from you?? You can even pm me on here if you wish.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Karen**
Karen,

I notice a rather slow uptake , so I'm bound to ask "Is this a good idea ?"

My experience of expressing an opinionated opinion about Accrington Stanley (as opposed to a humble, hope-you-don't-mind-me-saying, if-that's-all-right-with-everyone, sort of opinion) is that the Thought Police will be down on you in three seconds flat.

Your offer of anonymity is a much appreciated but , I fear, insufficient protection.

Thanks for the thought, though.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 23:42   #3

Re: Fan's Forum Page??

has anyone ever thought that inhibitions over voicing opinion and concern is a bad thing? You can't just sit there and moan to each other. It's does no good.

I have the opinion, and slate me for this however you might - that many Stanley fans are soft and not willing to stand up to make there point. If you want something done - stand up and say it. The fans forum last year was good - but most people sat there and just listened.

Fan power does have its effects but most people chose to hide behind there computers or have newspaper columns with nicknames so their identity can never be known (red herring) - soft!! If you have an opinion say it - everyone has a right!!

The fan who left a note on the bench on Saturday is a DISGRACE - should be banned. If your going to have an opinion you must also have an identity. That was just plain sad. There aint nothing wrong with the team - its some of the fans that have the problem!!!!

cue abuse

Last edited by Adam Cottier; 04-09-2005 at 23:45.
Adam Cottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:00   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
The fan who left a note on the bench on Saturday is a DISGRACE - should be banned. If your going to have an opinion you must also have an identity. That was just plain sad. There aint nothing wrong with the team - its some of the fans that have the problem!!!!
Your right Adam it was terrible........total idiots.
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:08   #5
God Member

If you saw it then why didnt you do somehting about it.. if you didnt see it then why the gossip mongering...
Old 05-09-2005, 10:15   #6
Senior Member+

I didnt see it, I just got told what it said......
Old 05-09-2005, 10:18   #7
God Member

sigh

Old 05-09-2005, 10:21   #8
Senior Member+

3 points let all smile
Old 05-09-2005, 10:47   #9
God Member

I ripped it off the wall .... if the person who put it up wishes to take me to task for pulling down his/her sign then feel free on tuesday.. I will point you to the rubbish bin I put it in...
Old 05-09-2005, 11:36   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
If you saw it then why didnt you do somehting about it.. if you didnt see it then why the gossip mongering...

Coley told me about it mid-interview. I couldn't believe how low a Satanley fan could go.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:29   #11
Senior Member+

Will the CCTV not tell us who the culprit is?

I just remember Budmack installing some the other year.

Loweiy
Old 05-09-2005, 12:34   #12
God Member

CCTV, Stewards, Night club bouncers and various staff.... Did no one see someone leaning into the digouts and taping a largish notice onto the wall?
Old 05-09-2005, 17:51   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
has anyone ever thought that inhibitions over voicing opinion and concern is a bad thing? You can't just sit there and moan to each other. It's does no good.

I have the opinion, and slate me for this however you might - that many Stanley fans are soft and not willing to stand up to make there point. If you want something done - stand up and say it. The fans forum last year was good - but most people sat there and just listened.

Fan power does have its effects but most people chose to hide behind there computers or have newspaper columns with nicknames so their identity can never be known (red herring) - soft!! If you have an opinion say it - everyone has a right!!

cue abuse
Of course everyone has a right to express their opinion Adam, but Henry is right in saying that if you do so, the ASFC Thought Police will be down on you like a ton of bricks.

Stanleybabe
Old 05-09-2005, 17:55   #14
God Member

so not enough we have threads slagging off the club.. now we are down to slagging off the forum

is that thought policing ?
Old 05-09-2005, 18:10   #15
Senior Member+

Smellz Of Poop

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..