Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2015, 16:26   #31

Re: fans forum with john and jimmy 9th april

Director John Norris is now attending the Fans Forum again he will welcome any questions you may have on the night

Thanks Nick
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-04-2015, 16:55   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley nick View Post
Director John Norris is now attending the Fans Forum again he will welcome any questions you may have on the night

Thanks Nick
not familiar with John Norris role within the club, what kind of questions will he be there to answer ie. club finances, lease ect.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 17:00   #33

Yes
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 15:40   #34

Was I the only Accy exile who woke up this morning looking for a report on the John'nJimmy roadshow ? Can't find a dickie bird ! Was it a non-event or no-show ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 16:15   #35
God Member

Some quotes on page 11 of the James Gray thread

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 16:29   #36

Thanks for that - am guessing it's there because ?s were asked about JG - will take a look
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:21   #37
Senior Member+

Were my four questions asked/answered?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 13:23   #38
Full Member+

It was a fair meeting with John & Jimmy, They answered all the questions put to them fairly and honestly. I asked about James Grey and systems we play. John and Jimmy both answered directly with no dodging of questions.I asked why we don't seem to have a trainer on the field during pre match warm ups, Jimmy insisted I go to specsavers as he is always there during the warm up. ( I am not sure about that) I will be watching. But it was a good and fair meeting. The biggest problem we have is a low crowd attendance, This is something every supporter should try and help with, Bring a friend is a good start. Other ideas always welcome, Join the supporters club £5 and be proud supporter with a badge and pint of milk attached. It is a friendly little family club so come and enjoy some proper football.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 13:53   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
It was a fair meeting with John & Jimmy, They answered all the questions put to them fairly and honestly.
What were the questions? And answers?

Were minutes taken?

Would it not be a good idea if all members received copies of the minutes of all meetings? Sending by email would cost nothing. The fact that some of us live a long way off does not mean we are less interested.
Old 11-04-2015, 15:28   #40

It was said on the night that minutes of meetings would be emailed, as long as they have your address, but don't know about the Q/A session.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2015, 20:47   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
It was said on the night that minutes of meetings would be emailed, as long as they have your address, but don't know about the Q/A session.
Thanks sherry. From the nil response, I'll assume that no-one asked my four questions.
Old 18-04-2015, 14:19   #42

I would have enjoyed being at the forum but I couldn't make it.
Anyway keep up the good work everyone - it's nice on here and civilised I think. Ta.
Giacomo
DAV007 likes this.
Giacomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 18:57   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
There is no suggestion about how those of us living afar can pose questions. So I would be grateful if someone could ask the following on my behalf please:

1. What footballing qualities does Sean Maguire possess that Will Hatfield did not possess?

2. You are on record as saying that the squad for each game can vary according to the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition. Is that still correct?

3. The arrival of loanees following your appointment resulted in Piero Mingoia dropping to the bench for 10 games despite his excellent start to the season. Do you now regret that?

4. As a former centre forward yourself, you would know what footballing skills and qualities Matt Crooks had that fitted him for that role? What were these skills and qualities?

Many thanks in advance.
As no one asked your questions,I will give you my reply !!!!
1 - scoring 14 goals from 20+ starts as a 18 year old for Waterford suggests he's got something.he's also a international and a premier league club also seen something in him.
Today has shown again a bit of potential.I have always thought Hatfield was a better centre mid and I think that's were Halifax play him,so comparisons are unfair
2 - yes
3 - yes, you had to play OSullivan who is proving at league one level what a top player he is,so the choice was between Naismith and Piero for left wing spot.
In hindsight,Pierro should have got the nod
4 - Wanted a big target man up top,Crookes at 6-6 was worth a look as he's also got a good touch for a big fellow (able to play midfield suggests this),
Didn't work out,Tranmere play the same way with Big Kay and that's not worked !!!
This is just a bit of fun before I get slaughtered !!
baldy, Revived Red and DAV007 like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 06:14   #44
Lee

Revived Red, respectfully. Did today answer your first question?
Old 19-04-2015, 09:41   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Revived Red, respectfully. Did today answer your first question?
Hardly! I have read all the comments about him having an excellent game and I am delighted about that. But there have been too many games where he has been decidedly anonymous. I seem to recall an old saying that one swallow does not make a summer.

In actual fact it makes my question even more valid. May I suggest that one quality possessed by Hatfield but not Maguire is consistency.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..