Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2008, 16:04   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Feeder Club ?

Everton Are On The Look Out For A Feeder Club So I've Been Told And Stanley's Name Is On The List!!!if It's True This Could Be A Good Thing,what Do You Think???????????
Old 31-05-2008, 18:08   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Feeder Club ?

Where did you hear that, Mab? I thought that football league clubs weren't allowed to be feeder clubs?
Old 31-05-2008, 18:25   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

can't see how that stacks up mab, was under the same impression as wynonie.
Old 31-05-2008, 19:46   #4

To be a Feeder club you have to have something for the Bigger team to feed off, I think it's safe to say there's not much meat left on the bare bones of your club to pick from, so no chance of you becoming one as it stands
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 20:06   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDHAMADE View Post
To be a Feeder club you have to have something for the Bigger team to feed off, I think it's safe to say there's not much meat left on the bare bones of your club to pick from, so no chance of you becoming one as it stands
We are like a finely tuned thoroughbred Racing Greyhound!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 20:56   #6
Super Moderator

OK then, how about a nursery club to enable a premiership club to give their younger players first team match experience? I'm sure there was an idea floated when we were going through our financial crisis in 1962 for us to become a nursery club for Burnley, but the league knocked it on the head. Maybe the rules have changed since then?
Old 31-05-2008, 21:01   #7
God Member

Didn't Liverpool have some sort of amicable arrangement with Crewe regarding academy players ?
Old 01-06-2008, 00:11   #8
Senior Member+

Actually you are allowed to have affilates with other clubs. Blackburn Rovers have a partnership with Circle Bruge. Accrington have a small one with Liverpool im lead to believe via Godwin Antwi & Danny Manix etc.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:59   #9
God Member

I am pretty sure I have seen somewhere written that Coley is looking to make more use the Loan Market a little more this Season with perhaps longer loan periods with fringe players from Premiership Clubs, maybe that is where the rumour has emulated from?

Which I think personally is not a bad thing if the players are the right sort of calibre to improve & move the Team forward

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:01   #10
Senior Member+

it is possible, i know this is only a comp game but on champ manager your allowed links with bigger clubs who then send reserve or youth players to your club on loan !! i was torquay and affiliated myself with west ham...i presume that seeing as the game is as true to life as it gets that the rules are the same !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:51   #11
Resting in Peace

There is a limit on how many loan players any one club can have, I'm not sure but I think its 5
Old 01-06-2008, 10:37   #12

Loaning is a little more complicated than you may think, for a start there are Short term loans and Long term loans.
A short term loan is between 28 and 93 days, and a club is allowed 4 short term loanee`s at anyone time during the season, but no more than 8 over the entire season.
A club is also allowed 4 long term loanee`s at the club during the season, so in effect you can have 8 loan players at a club, but you can only name 5 on any given team sheet for a match.
A club can only take 4 loan players from any one club at a time, and any one club can only loan out 6 Long term loan players at any one time.
If a short term player signs during the season then his loan period does not count, ie if you had already loaned 8 players and sign one of them you can then take another player on loan.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:40   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There is a limit on how many loan players any one club can have, I'm not sure but I think its 5

Sort of. You can have 20 loan players on your books if you want, but only 5 can be in the squad for the game itself.

There are 2 clubs I can think of that have been fined for it over the past couple of seasons, Leeds & Sheff Wed. Maybe the rules need to be written in big letters for Yarkshire clubs to be able to read
Old 01-06-2008, 12:59   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
We are like a finely tuned thoroughbred Racing Greyhound!
I like your style
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 13:34   #15
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

[quote=Wynonie Harris;585036]OK then, how about a nursery club to enable a premiership club to give their younger players first team match experience? thats what i thought rarther than a feeder club,it was this everton season ticket holder who told me about it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..